Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099586 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #990 on: November 15, 2010, 03:12:21 am »

Well, Warghui, drunk on success, crept into the dragon's lair, Ago behind him... And it was awake. Horribly, horribly awake.
It slammed it's tail into him, knocking him backwards to the mouth of the cave, and almost bit him clean in half, sinking it's huge teeth into his chest, tearing his lungs and other assorted organs, shook him around and then tore off his arm... Ago ran foward, quite a brave, foolish goblin himself, and was met by a burst of dragon fire. Warghui managed to scramble out from under the dragon and out the mouth of the cave, flames licking at his green heels and scorching his ragged hair as he fled.
With Ago's horrible, gurgling death screams echoing in his ears, and the smell of charred green flesh wafting from the entrance to the cave, Warghui grew some goblin-style common sense... And ran as fast as he could, red eyes bugging out and ragged, scorched clothes flapping, until he collapsed, exhausted, minus an arm, eyebrows and large chunks of his left lung, but still alive.

EDIT: Ago deserves some kudos here, ridiculously brave, especially for a goblin, managing to jump aside from the dragon's charge, and hack open its forelegs with his axe even AS HE WAS ON FIRE... Badass.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 03:14:33 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 15, 2010, 04:08:17 am »

Awesome! My adventurer just recovered from a leg injury preventing him from standing. Sure, he's still one-armed, but he compensates by wielding ten weapons and shields and stocking up on armour, as well as having eight fellow adventurers at his side.

He went to down the horribly inconspicious monstrous bridegroom of evil as per the request of the lord consort with his eight adventurer friends and, despite the monster being obviously more skilled and more agile, they eventually forced it out of its cave into bright sunlight and piled up on it, until the swordsman of the group lopped its head off. The lord consort promised to make my adventurer the most famous person in the civ... time to make sure that he holds up his end of bargain.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:29:33 am by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 15, 2010, 04:38:17 am »

Poor Warghui!!
After limping away from the dragon's lair, clutching the stump of his left arm, he made his way to a nearby village, avoiding his hometown as he couldn't face the shame of failure.
He convinced a couple of goblins there to accompany him on his adventures, but Warghui should've known not to trust people from another village... They travelled with him for about half a day, then when he called a halt to sleep, they pulled knives on him, attempting to kill him for the dragon's hoard they assumed he possessed!
(Warghui, ah, 'embellished' the story of confronting the dragon slightly...)
However stupid he may have been, though, Warghui was no pushover; He rammed his knife through one of their temples, then went beserk, stabbing the other one repeatedly until they crawled away, bleeding from several deep stap wounds in the chest.
He gathered up the dead traitor's things, then went to sleep beneath a tree by the body.

Strangely enough, the body was gone come morning... Assuming the dead goblin's companion had come back to take the corpse, Warghui continued on his way...

EDIT: Well, Warghui continued on to the giant's lair he'd heard about, alone.
It was dark as he came near, and suddenly, he was surrounded by insane voices laughing, and dark shapes were rushing at him from the shadows. He broke into a sprint, the creatures still flitting through the trees behind him, gaining on him-...
Just when he thought they were surely about to catch him, he tripped on something and fell... Headfirst into a hole in the ground, which turned out to be the entrance to a cave.
Suddenly a voice roared from the dark depths of the cave, "I am Nikot Boldcontests the Esteemed Brilliance!", shouted out how it had killed many people, and then suddenly a giant was barrelling out at him, and he ran from the cave, followed by the giant, and the cackling shapes swiftly disappeared.
The massive brute crashed into him, sending him flying, coming to rest behind a bush.
As he came back to his senses, hearing the giant searching for him, he quickly ducked into hiding, his dagger gripped in his single hand.
He crept up, seeing the giant searching the forest for him, and plunged his dagger into it from behind repearedly, killing it.

He straightened up, giant's blood dripping from his dagger, and took stock.
He had nowhere to go. He had failed his hometown, he couldn't return there. The only other goblin village he'd been to, the inhabitants had tried to kill him. Where could he go? Nursing his bruises, and a broken finger, he turned and trudged off into the unknown, heading eastwards.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:32:13 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 15, 2010, 06:34:20 am »

I have just discovered a small hamlet called HelpfulSystem. At first glance, perfectly normal village, but I smell something sinister beneath that thin crust of complacency, something dark and vicious. Maybe they are all hippies in disguise... or worse... communists! I must report it immediately to the local goblin authorities, the Just and Enlightened Fat of Wickedness. They will know what to do...
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 15, 2010, 07:14:40 am »

Warghui Kutsmobzon the one-armed knifegoblin travelled for two days, fighting off bogeymen each night, hacking parts off their shadowy forms until they faded away.
He travelled for a long time through wilderness, until eventually he reached a town. A human town.
Warghui grimaced; he had always disliked the filthy, stupid creatures, but he had nowhere else to go.
He entered the town, and the human villagers, who had long lived in fear of the night creatures that roamed the surrounding lands freely, killing any who wandered out at night, saw this scarred, one-armed goblin, and hailed him as their saviour.
Warghui basked in the attention; regaling them with tales of how he went toe to toe with monsters and slew them, first the dragon which had slain his terrified companion in a single strike of its claws, and then the might giant.
Warghui's constant lies and embellishments were swallowed whole by the gullible peasants, who insisted that he accompanied a couple of them to the nearest fortress, that their Lord Papos Rulakel would want to talk to such a mighty hero.

Warghui, loving this attention, agreed, and travelled to the fortress of FoldedBalanced with a band of three peasants.
"I could get used to this!" He thought to himself, his red eyes gleaming with mirth. "These dumb humans really believe that I slew the dragon, and that I fought the giant face-to-face! Soon enough I'll convince them to hand over their virginal daughters on golden platters, as well as the contents of their treasuries! What fun!"
He was a far sight different from the terrified goblin who had fled the dragon's lair less than a year earlier.

"Er... Whu's dat you's sayin'?"
Warghui's smug demeanour had faded quickly after being introduced to the human Lord.
"We will give you thirteen of our best soldiers, and you will lead them to a cave, a short way to the southeast, and slay the monster Mondul Bonedies. For too long we have tolerated such fiends on our doorstep, too terrified to even defend our own lands. You, goblin, are a mighty warrior, the only one fit to lead out army. You, are our last hope."
The Lord finished his speech, nodding solemly and plucking a flea from his hair as he watched Warghui, surrounded by human warriors, all expectantly silent.
Warghui, on his part, was terrified. Him, leading armies to war?! He looked left and right.
He was surrounded by armed humans, who had housed and fed him for the last couple of days, giving him their finest food and beds. He noted they were all armed, and swallowed heavily.

"Er, right, den..."
The throneroom resounded with cheers, and the next day, the excited humans set off, led by the reluctant Warghui, who attempted desperately to hide his fear.
The warriors surrounding him boasted loudly and joked to each other of what they would do to the beast they hunted, for how could they fail, with a legendary hero leading them, a scarred veterean praised by their king?! Finally they were going to defeat the terrors that had haunted them so long!
They mocked their enemies loudly as they walked, and praised Warghui's name to the very heavens.
Warghui, for his part, remained silent.

He was trying not to piss his trousers.

(Myself, I am just extremely amused by the direction this is taken... I didn't expect him to survive half of what he's been through!! :D)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:16:56 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 15, 2010, 07:55:52 am »

I forced 2 band of bandits against each other in a ex-giantess lair.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 15, 2010, 11:51:48 am »

Just slew my first dragon of .31 in adventure mode.  And it was a modded dragon.  A green dragon, breathes deadly poison.

Sure I attacked it with a small army and mostly let them do all the work.  But I got one hit in at least.  Of course 8 out of my 12 companions are vomiting violently all over the place from green dragon poison and are likely not going to make it out of the lair, but it's a victory.

My sword is covered in poison from the fight.  I donno weather to take a dip in a river to avoid the possibility of contaminating myself with it or to use it to great effect against my enemies.  Decisions decisions.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 15, 2010, 02:56:38 pm »

I just bit onto a guard by the trousers and shook him around for 4 rounds before he spotted me. I just can't comprehend what he must have thought before he noticed me.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #998 on: November 15, 2010, 04:58:32 pm »

lol'd
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 15, 2010, 05:08:19 pm »

Quesa reported her success with the night creature to the Lord who'd sent her. "Ah kiwwed if"
Then she took the head out of her mouth, and repeated herself.

Now she's off to her hidey-hole over the mountains to sort her loot.

I wish backpack management had a better interface, but I don't even know what that would look like.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

GreenJelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 15, 2010, 05:24:23 pm »

I've been curb-stomping and beheading bandits left and right together with my crew. Most of my followers are lacking quite a few limbs though.
My next goal, a terrible Hydra that has been terrorizing the lands! Let's see if I can survive that step-up.

Jelly

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 15, 2010, 05:41:23 pm »

Currently I'm playing a lasher/thrower.  I've killed humanoids with my whip, a andersite pestle, a zinc mortar, and a horn I broke off a night creature by throwing a bronze trumpet at it.  No cool creatures yet though.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Surray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 15, 2010, 05:44:03 pm »

Had a legendary hero with 65 kills. Was missing the left arm for quite some time and also had lost the ability to stand, so I was actually using a crutch in addition to my axe in my right hand to allow me to walk. Among my kills were a dragon, a hydra and several titans.
The last kill my hero got before he died in a bandit ambush was done by bashing a head in with the crutch. He was so awesome...

You strike The Lasher in the head with your +ashen crutch+, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Lasher has been struck down.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 15, 2010, 06:11:36 pm »

Hahahaha, I just fought a Marsh Titan entirely composed of salt.

Legendary thrower, threw a silver arrow. Complete removal of lower body before he even got near!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 15, 2010, 06:15:39 pm »

I made a demigod superelvenly agile and superelvenly strong kung fu artist. No clothes or weapons allowed. Proficient Dodger and Great Kicker to start, 200 dead humans later an arm was chopped off. About 100 more and some nerves were severed, preventing me from standing up. Bled to death surrounded by several humans after wiping out entire castles and towns.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 1104