Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099355 times)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #840 on: November 10, 2010, 05:30:10 pm »

Genned a world. Half of it was sand that couldn't be T'd past...

So I genned a new world, and started my adventure there.
Everybody!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #841 on: November 11, 2010, 05:09:23 pm »

Just tried out Adventure Mode in 31.16 for the first time. Decided to tour the American countryside (Kudos to someone making it in PerfectWorld).

I was doing well, though most towns were untroubled, so I decided to go hunting with my swordsman. Killed a grizzly bear after it surprised my guy. Collected the corpse. Went venturing to find a cavern, and ran across a black bear; split him in half, carried the lower half. Went looking for something to do and town-seeking, killed a buzzard and macaque. Afterwards, after much frustration looking (and failing) for a cavern, I decided to go cross-country and hunt while at it. Killed a sasquatch, and later got surrounded by wolves. First wolf kill was a 1-shot head sever; collected the head before taking on the rest of the pack. Wandered a bit and mauled another pack rather quickly. By the (abrupt) end of my adventure, a pair of sassies didn't like my collection of heads and animal parts (kinda wished I could butcher the pieces for easier trophy collecting) and decided to break every part of me before killing me.

Oh, in my second wolfpack slaying, I started the raid by trowing a wolf head at the pack leader. Shoulda seen it run.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 05:11:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

ET

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 11, 2010, 05:56:51 pm »

I genned a world, hired a few fighters and looked for a quest. I had to kill a bandit. I started to kill him but I lost.

I decided to start again. I killed the bandit and went and returned to report my kill. I then got sent  to kill a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

bilwis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 11, 2010, 07:03:45 pm »

So, new update ! Time to delve into the now so very rich adventure mode !

I wake up in my home village and walk around shooting wierd questions at everybody. It seems an outlaw named Desmond Swallowcooks is causing my hometown trouble!
So I walk to where he was last seen, stopping by a castle and hireing a spearman and a crossman, and after three days of travel I finally meet his marauding party venturing through the Slippery Dune.
Seeing the wrestler, swordsman, pikeman, maceman and crossbowman he has gathered around him I wonder whether I, a meager Peasant from Ligirsan, will be able to bring an end to him - nonetheless, with a warcry on our lips we storm right at them. My fellow spearman is quickly brought to the ground and four of the enemies stab, slash and pummel him mercilessly until he finally expires. My efforts to save him have cost to of the attackers their lives and the other two fall just as quickly.
So I finally face the evil menace, Swallowcooks himself! I throw myself at him, grab his upper body with my right arm and begin slashing him to pieces. After cutting off both his hands, leaving him defenseless, I amputate his right foot and he bleeds to death. Victory is mine!

But as I turn to my ally crossbowman to start looting...

I just couldn't stop laughing at the image of my bloodsoaked but gleeful hero turning around, raising his arms in victory - and dropping face first into the sand with an arrow between his eyes.
Turns out, the enemy crossbowman was not only really skilled in shooting, no, he also cleverly disguised himself as a cactus! That's what happens if you play first time without DFG Tileset :P

Still, awesome update ! Hail Toady One, the Great !

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 11, 2010, 07:07:02 pm »

Easily killed first night creature I ran into then got another quest to kill one killed both the spouse and the night creature only to be killed by their child...... :(

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 11, 2010, 07:26:09 pm »

Trying to find a DAMN shop!
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #846 on: November 11, 2010, 07:27:38 pm »

Trying to find a DAMN shop!
They're uncommon, but shops appear on the OW map as yellow rectangles. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:29:12 pm by iceball3 »

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 11, 2010, 07:48:38 pm »

I started out as a hero spearman. I promptly took up a fishmongers quest to slay a bandit maceman. I dispatched his friends with ease [they started running after i inflicted near-mortal wounds], then faced off with the bandit captain. After a lot longer battle [altough i took only minor bruising], i finally knocked him unconcious then shoved my spear through his brain.... And then i hunted down and killed all his now fleeing compatriots... Then i ransacked the bandit camp and headed back. Everyone in the hamlet was impressed, i convinced 3 peasents to join my cause, and i set off to slay another bandit. Night time was falling early, and fearing toadys warnings of sleeping outside at night [and after being told repeatively by the hamlet populous that there were nightcreatures killing everyone.. and that going out at night is suicide], i went to a fortress to lodge for the night. everyone was asleep, so i decided to sleep myself... finally as i began to fall asleep, a child woke me. Logically this child must be the owner of this fine castle... I started talking to him and he informed me he was 3 years old.. And then told me about how he had a older sister who was killed by a ettin, a younger brother who was eaten by some sort of terrible night creature, and a older brother that was killed by another, different night creature. And this is when i realised this 3 year old was rather unlucky... or really lucky, as he managed to escape from a dusk monster without getting hurt. After doing a bit of counting.. this Child has lost his father, 4 brothers, and 2 sisters. He only has his mother.

I think this newest df version is hardcore.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:51:54 pm by Rift »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 11, 2010, 08:02:43 pm »

Poked around with the new adventure mode. I'm totally digging the new Aimed Strikes system... while fighting I got the opportunity to take a cheep shot (the option was marked by a cyan !) which let me kick a Narrow Troll square in the belly with an almost certain chance to hit. Huzzah for cheep shots!

Also, tried out a Kobold adventurer. Unarmed and unskilled, I crept up on a loan guard of a Goblin camp, knocked them down, bit them in the throat, and shook them until they died. Gruesome, but surprisingly satisfying. Then I proceeded to get shot by all the other goblins... but still, it was fun.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 11, 2010, 08:13:54 pm »

After killing my 2nd bandit group, i got sent on a quest to kill a trogledyte, he had killed the lady of a castles son, and i was to kill him.. i found the sons corpse in the cave... awesome.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 11, 2010, 08:19:42 pm »

Snakeman: Engage Oroborus-Mode

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 11, 2010, 08:27:42 pm »

Ok. I was in a human town, and accepted a quest. Midway, I went to a town to sleep for the night, and a Human Planter attacks me for no reason.

I run away, not wishing to be a murderer, and a lasher comes out of nowhere, damagin one of my lungs.

However, the two aren't allied. I attack the planter, and the lasher finished the planter off.

I managed to chop the lashers leg off before succumbing,

Edit: Started a human. All points in str/swords. Ambushed by bogies. Killed 3. Threw up.Died.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:57:06 pm by Wolf Tengu »
Everybody!

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 11, 2010, 11:20:56 pm »

First adventurer ever. I take a quest. It is to kill some outlaw bowman. I run off to kill him, and it takes me over a quarter of the day to get there. I kill him, then start to go back. Nighttime, bogeymen start chasing me. I run from them, and survive until day. I reported my success to the guy who tasked me this(A peasant). He let me sleep in his house, then I asked him to join me. He said yes.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 11, 2010, 11:21:57 pm »

I pillaged a hydra's den by sneaking around picking everything up while it stalked fruitlessly behind me.
It knew I was there, (it kept walking to wherever I was) but couldn't seem to track me down (I could slip away before it found me). You'd think having seven heads or howevermany would help with the observation skills. Guess not.

Then I had to escape back through the forest at night. Guess what? Bogeymen have much better observation skills than hydras.

Got saved by a cougar distracting the bogeymen. Made it into town. Slept. Then sold the human meat from the hydra's den to the local food shoppe. Now no one will talk to me.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 12, 2010, 01:13:52 am »

Started a new adventurer, accepted a quest to kill some creature's husband, and did it with ease.  Then accepted a quest to kill a bandit leader, and failed miserably.
Started a second adventurer, more or less the same.
Started a third one, and almost had this result.  However, this time I fell asleep inside a castle.  I woke up being attacked by bogeymen anyway.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 1104