Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099352 times)

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #870 on: November 12, 2010, 02:58:48 pm »

Accepting small quests to build my fame and gain a personal army. When I have enough I will cross the evil forest into the next human kingdom and conquer a castle for myself...
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 12, 2010, 03:07:35 pm »

Just got killed by an outlaw, who proceeded to stand on my corpse, vomiting... bastard, My wrestler punched his brain out a few turns later.
*Hugs*

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 12, 2010, 03:40:42 pm »

After starting up my first adventure in ages, eager to try out the new features. Spawning in a human town, I asked a brewer who was impolitely blocking a doorway where I could go for a scrap. He told me that some marksman bandit had been causing trouble and could I please make him dead?
Thus began the adventure of Bardo' Hellpoem, Axedwarf.
I journeyed east to find the bandits and at the outskirts of their camp I found a lasher. I tangled with him for a bit, mostly going for body shots before hacking off a couple of limps, throwing his own whip at him as he crawled away and then finishing him off. I picked up some of his stuff, including a shield I thought I might use to throw at somebody. I took a look around for what to kill next and found my charge, the bandit leader, trying to jam a bolt down my throat. I blocked this and threw the shield at him, which hit him in the arm and gave him a bruise.
That's how Bardo' Hellpoem starts a fight.
I marched up to him, entering a martial trance on the way and hacked his right arm off in two swings, relieving him of his crossbow and mitten. I promptly beheaded the helpless git in one shot, sending his noggin flying about 8 squares away behind a tree.
The sensible thing would have been to go back and report my kill, avoiding his merry men. But no, I thought, I'm gonna get me a memento of my very first quest kill. Off I popped towards his detached cranium, then I plucked it off the floor and stuck it in my backpack. Unfortunately another lasher descended on me, and a bunch more of his mates were behind him looking mean. I aimed a few attacks at his body and did some damage, but when his friends got around I decided on a tactical retreat. They caught up with me and started hitting me.
On the ground, unable to retaliate and looking for something to throw at them before I died, I noticed that one of the only things they'd actually removed from my body was one of my teeth. Thinking to myself, "I'll probably come back from this, I may as well take my tooth with me", I picked it up and put it in my backback.
Then I bled to death.
Thus ends the adventure of Bardo' Hellpoem, bloody idiot.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 12, 2010, 05:02:37 pm »

I just got crushed, utterly, by a minotaur. I didn't even get a chance to get a look at it: it ripped my torso off on the first blow.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 12, 2010, 06:18:25 pm »

Just got 31.17. First thing I do? Be an evil little prick and fire it up to gen a world where I modded in genitalia. I then started an adventurer as a female succubus swordsman and am going around biting people's genitalia off and watching them wander away crying, regardless of whether they bleed to death. I've collected dozens.

Also, the boogeymen burst into flame once the entire group is destroyed...

Damn fine job, Toady.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:21:35 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 12, 2010, 06:25:17 pm »

Human Spearman. Killed first 3 bandits easily enough, had a nice sized band and went after the fourth.

Killed a blowgunner, and then charged at a crossbowman who shot me twice, I fell over in pain and passed out. My entire party was tearing apart the crossbowman when the boss walks up to the lump that is me and bashes my head in twice with her hammer. Good thing I had 4 (or was it 5?) people with me. ::)
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 12, 2010, 06:51:31 pm »

Dwarf swordsman. cleaned out 4 bandit camps alone and killed a group of boogeymen when I was wandering around after dark. I had gotten a few decent swords and shields as well as some armor. Just before I got back to a castle I got to a river and jumped in to train some swimming, forgetting I had no points in swimming, so I swiftly drowned :(
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

Traece

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 12, 2010, 07:49:30 pm »

After doing multiple quests against creatures of the night, I finally was asked to slaughter a minotaur with my Demigod Swordswoman.

Myself, my cheese maker, and my merry band of about five different kinds of soldier marched on to fight the foul beast. As I reached the minotaur's lair on the fast travel map I realized that I had to enter his labyrinth. Fortunately the minotaur was on the first floor of his labyrinth. Even more fortunately, he really wanted to chop two of my guys into pieces, and ignore me chopping his head off.

Unfortunately he had only accrued a measly three kills and with the exception of his copper pick, lacked any worthy items.

Edit: Was asked to kill a dragon. Had to cross a whole mountain range to get to him. In the epic battle that ensued... Oh wait there wasn't one. When I got to his lair I got a message that one of my companions defended against dragonfire and then I find the lair and discover that the dragon is already dead.

I then proceed to loot untold amounts of wealth in the form of literally hundreds of coins, as well as a nice bounty of armor. I was really looking forward to fighting that dragon though.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:52:24 pm by Traece »
In adventure mode I killed a Hydra within fifteen minutes, and then was mortally wounded by Carp while swimming in a river.

Killing Time

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 12, 2010, 08:32:00 pm »

So I'm wandering around looking for elephants to stab when a voice booms, "You will remember the Cheerful Vigorous Chips when we're finished with you!"
The hell?
I take a step and am immediately hit in the chest by an arrow.
Oh. Bandits. Archer and the chieftess, an Elite Pikeman, rapidly moving in to stabbing range.
I'm thinking so much for adventurer #8 (Elf peasant with a sharpened wooden stick), when two lions jump out of the bush behind the bandits and start tearing them to pieces.
Holy SHIT  :o
The archer turns around to shoot the lions (or maybe she just misses me) and I'm able to get close enough to poke her with the spear.
It doesn't seem to be doing much so I decide to copy the lions and bite her bow hand. She gives in to pain and I go for the throat. Meanwhile the lions have taken out the rest of the Cheerful Vigorous Chips.
Grateful for the assist, I spare the lions and use my new pike on some nearby elephants instead.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 12, 2010, 08:38:33 pm »

Thrukti Othdorigu's first assignment from the townsfolk was to kill a bandit, encamped fairly close to town, but on the way he stumbled onto a band of kobolds, right next to the town!
Appalled by the thought of the vicious creatures ransacking his home village, the swordsman swung his longsword and hacked them to bits, then stacked their grisly corpses against some trees and fired them.

Continuing on, killing some wolves along the way, he reached the camp he was sent to destroy, and crept right up close to them and battered them with thrown spears and daggers before charging in, sending the leader's two minions fleeing with well-placed strikes, then charging the leader himself, a cowardly crossbowman.
He only got off one bolt before Thrukti was chopping him apart, a very slow and gruesome process, as the bandit was quite resilient.

He's now travelling to crush another camp of criminals, this time accompanied by a peasant and clad in mismatched armour.

EDIT: Well, he died, pathetically. Seriously, I dunno what happened, but as soon as he entered combat his ARMS IS STOP WORKS. Dur. Cue a ridiculous scene, lying on the ground with legs and arms screwed, and he couldn't even bite the ringleader, SOMEHOW still throwing things at him... Lodged a couple of spears etc. in him before he died. :(
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:46:46 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 12, 2010, 09:29:16 pm »

I just discovered adventurer mode in the 31.17 version. After losing my first two, dwarven, adventurers to Blizzardmen, I decided to start as an elf so I wouldn't be surrounded by Terrifying Glaciers.

I have high hopes for this new guy -- His name is Imepe Feralsharks. (Random name generator sometimes gets it awesome!)

He's darkskinned, and spawned (incarnated?) wearing a thong, a skirt, a dress, and a robe.

He may have problems, but *damn* is that an awesome last name.

Edit: Nope. Mauled by bogeymen on the first night. :(
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:33:55 pm by veok »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 12, 2010, 09:31:16 pm »

From a separate thread:
A chieftain appeared, so I kicked him in the head 'til he was dead!
HAH HAH HAH!
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 12, 2010, 09:39:54 pm »

I collected 20 severed heads and then beat a dragon to death by using them in sequence.

Aiming for the head with a slash attack and wielding an axe with adept+ is more or less an instant decapitation. It's fun.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 12, 2010, 11:08:39 pm »

I have a demigod human hammerman/thrower.  I've been picking up all the silver/bronze crossbow bolts I've come across, and I'm standing back and letting my 17 meatshields get hurt while I throw bolts/arrows.

Also, my toe is infected.  That...won't end well.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 12, 2010, 11:16:58 pm »

I had a swordsman who used his sword to smash skulls instead of cut. I was a hero of course, I never play demi and almost always go peasant. I killed half a goblin gang and then the leader tracked me from A WEEK AND SIX HAMLETS ago and stabbed me in the leg and left me to bleed out.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 1104