Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099343 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #825 on: November 07, 2010, 09:48:55 am »

.12:
Spoiler: "Small backstory" (click to show/hide)

I killed a minotaur for the Humans. When I returned to the human warlord to see if he needed more help, he said he was having a lot of trouble, and told me to kill Gabe Guardedmountain (my other dwarf char).

That's very funny, because I tried to shop on their city with Gabe (I didn't know how to trade), and ended up selling my steel crossbow for nothing.
I killed the shopkeeper and ran away...now they want my soul.

Altair Guardedmountain won't kill Gabe Guardedmountain, they are RP'ed brothers  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Monsterfurby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 08, 2010, 08:43:30 am »

After a pretty lucky fight with a red dragon (one of the world-namers in my pocket world), my victorious hammerdwarf managed to drag himself back to the dwarven fortress with a rotten spine to report his success. Alas, as soon as he spotted the king, the bastard takes off running in the other directions, soon getting out of sight. Since my character couldn't even stand let alone walk, the king got away. Probably afraid of paying me out, cheap blasted fool. Ah well, my next character is going to take his due, after the dragonslayer has retired in peace.

PS: Also from the dragon fight: I did not know you could vomit into dragonfire. I have no idea how to imagine that, but it sounds kind of... awkward.

Erzrzore gur Vapvqrag.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 08, 2010, 09:27:14 am »

I uh...

Probably something like vomiting into a fireball.  Except the force of the flame just throws the now flaming vomit back into your face.  Sounds unpleasant.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 08, 2010, 12:43:48 pm »

Are you guys mostly just using 31.12 or 31.16?

I read since 31.16 adventure mode is kinda broken due to the sprawl stuff being implemented, I have just been playing .12.

Can't wait for .17, especially after reading the nice story on the front page today.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #829 on: November 08, 2010, 03:22:36 pm »

Yup, the story on front page made me drool.

I was visiting my fort sometime ago, and found legendary crossbow, but due to bug I wasn't able to take it outside the fort...  :-\

Then I went into village and remembered that there are no shops in 31.16...

Then I spent minute hacking goblin because his shoes and cloak and whatever blocked my shots...

Can't wait for 31.17 with its adv fixes.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Zanethda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 08, 2010, 04:22:03 pm »

Stabbed to death with marmot bone arrows. By a giant scorpion. Also a random camel showed up and started kicking me. WHAT.

Abbreviated combat log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On the item is an image of Ngom Fishsin the goblin and a alligator in mountain goat leather. The alligator is striking down Ngom Fishsin. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Fishsin by a alligator in Crueljoy in The Mechanical Spine in the late autumn of 11 during Kaguskok, "The Crazy Assault".

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 08, 2010, 04:23:54 pm »

Like I said once before, i've seen entire mountainhomes fall to a slew of legendary camels. Then some acid-spitting beaver-marmot thing crawled out of their cellar and wrecked whatever was left.

I just had my Kobod sword it to death.
Everybody!

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 08, 2010, 06:38:27 pm »

I just downloaded DF and am trying out adventure mode as a wrestler. I've just encountered my first town and decided to attack the first NPC I met, a lye maker.
To my surprise, every other NPC in the area began beating the hell out of one another.

Wrestlers, peasants, recruits, children, and the lye maker are all going at it. I'm currently using a child to test my wrestling moves, which needless to say is having a very adverse affect on his health, what with the broken bones and gouged out eyes and all. And the vomit which I threw at him and fractured his leg with. The poor thing wasn't doing too well even before I turned my attention to him, as immediately after I attacked the lye maker a recruit grabbed him and began smacking him around a bit, apparently enraging the poor boy for all the good it did him.

I think I'm going to like this game.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 08, 2010, 06:52:09 pm »

Stabbed to death with marmot bone arrows. By a giant scorpion. Also a random camel showed up and started kicking me. WHAT.

Abbreviated combat log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crap, I hate Giant Scorpions and Camels.
I had a similar encounter, 3 Giant Scorpions.
After I killed them, a Camel came and with only ONE KICK hit my lungs and my awesome ambusher human swordsman suffocated to his death.
The Camel became Named (forgot his name), and when I used my Dwarven Swordsman to kill a Minotaur inside a cave, I found the same Camel two levels below.
Talk about personal revenge.

I got everything on Legends, and I'm playing .12...just nice.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 09, 2010, 02:34:58 am »

wooo! finally got a adventure child.
sadly the mother is someone no from the tame set.
and now after having the kid I don't have a way to remove the child class or remove the need to kill it self.
yea?
edit: False alarm last some how was already knock up to begin with and the child father is miles away.
good news is that the adventurer couple bump up to Friends!

edit: the female Rushan Coversport born nov. 9 at 3 : 11 AM
you can get two adventures to have a child in 31.XX
now the only problems I can see from here on out is removing the Baby profession and the need to kill it self when it's not near it's mother.
time to update the adventurer breeding thread again!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:20:19 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #835 on: November 09, 2010, 05:58:46 pm »

I am presently playing a She-Elf swordsman who is on an unofficial quest to kill every animal she sees. I started her with Proficient in Shield-User and Armor-User, so she is pretty much untouchable so far -- not even a yeti, a sasquatch, or a grizzly bear could injure her, and those were her earliest kills!

However, what's really interesting to me right now is the combat log from her most recent mountain goat kill.  It's pretty standard at first: Character hits x in y with n tearing the a and bruising the b.  But then it gets interesting...

You stab the Mountain Goat in the throat with your larch long sword,
tearing apart the skin!
A major artery has been opened by the strike!
The Mountain Goat charges at You!
The Mountain Goat misses You!
The Mountain Goat collides with You!
You tangle together and fall over!

The Mountain Goat stands up.
The Mountain Goat gives in to pain.
The Mountain Goat falls over.

The Mountain Goat has bled to death.

... And for some reason, that strikes a chord in me.  While that goat might not have managed to wound my adventurer, it kept fighting even when its death was imminent.  Unlike the other beasts that fell unconscious and were unceremoniously hacked to bits (veeeeeeeeery slowly), this goat kept fighting 'til it was, quite simply out of blood.  Part of me likes to pretend that this goat, had it not fallen right back down, would have killed my still prone adventurer and then somehow manage to survive its mortal wound through sheer force of will to become the most  8) BADASS 8) mountain goat to ever live.  (I don't care if what is shown might be slightly misleading, the point is that it sounds awesome.)

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 09, 2010, 07:52:57 pm »

Once again another legendary dwarf melted to death before Anaya Spittlehogs, The Dead Phlegms. A giant skinless elk twisted into human form.
Anaya is the Master of the local goblin civilization, and it led the last siege that defeated my best ever fortress.

I'm spending my time trying to build up legendary warriors in the wastelands of .16, then trying to defeat The Dead Phlegms. They die horribly every time.

Anaya Spittlehogs is associated with Blight...and I hate it SO MUCH!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 10, 2010, 02:54:51 am »

My first adventure ever!
Well after a chat with the local warlord, I was told there was an area with deadly monsters close by, and tigermen train there, so that would be a great place to head, lots of fun!
After an ambush by three giant tigers, I slaughtered them all, and then checked myself over to see how many toes I had lost. Beleve it or not, for my first fight I didn't get any worse then some light brusing.
I headed back to town in search of a quest. The warlord having none, I headed to the next closest, and found that it was in fact my nations capital, and the warlord there asked me to slay a hydra.
I thought surly a hydra would be the death of me! But still, I went out towards the cave to the south east, and on approching the hdra came out to greet me, along with several trilobite buddys. None seemed to be even a match for me, as one by one I laid waste to them all. Once again I looked myself over for wounds, but nothing worse then brusing. My 16th kill was a hydra and I don't even lose a limb.
After telling the warlord how awesome I was, I decided to head out to the small dwarf society close by, and see what I could find there. I was lucky enough to come across there capital, and there queen was nice enough to tell me to kill yet another hydra.
This time I found the beast on the top of a mountain, and although this one wasn't backed by a personal guard of trilobites, it was a much tougher battle, as I kept getting tossed down the mountain side.
Still, I slaughtered the hydra, and after inspecting the wounds, found only brusing.
I'm now back at the dwarf capital, trying to find the queen to gloat about my legendary hydra killing ways.

For a first adventure I'm a little let down. With my starting equpitment and skills I was able to kill a megabeast. Is it always this easy?

Monsterfurby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 10, 2010, 04:36:24 am »

Once again another legendary dwarf melted to death before Anaya Spittlehogs, The Dead Phlegms. A giant skinless elk twisted into human form.
Anaya is the Master of the local goblin civilization, and it led the last siege that defeated my best ever fortress.

I'm spending my time trying to build up legendary warriors in the wastelands of .16, then trying to defeat The Dead Phlegms. They die horribly every time.

Anaya Spittlehogs is associated with Blight...and I hate it SO MUCH!

A bad-ass, city-destroying humanoid elk demon? Sounds like the Canadian equivalent of Godzilla.

Awesome.

Erzrzore gur Vapvqrag.

Zanethda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 10, 2010, 05:05:41 pm »

So now I'm wandering around a cavern exposed by a mountainhall, and I'm finding a lot of dead dwarves around. A lot of them have their old belongings in a pile as seen in fortress mode, all claimed by other dwarves. I'm finding OTHER items scattered around the caverns, no listed owner, no $ around them, been picking those up to sell later.

Then I start seeing random pieces of wolf leather. How odd. Polar bear leather. An *iron crossbow*. A -steel pike-... wait, why is this one covered in three pages of blood spatt-- WAIT THIS IS MY PIKE. The *crossbow*? ALSO MINE. Along with several other things I've found scattered around. And some of my other stuff, like a bronze warhammer, are just straight up gone. wtf! :( This makes the request from the mayor to kill an apparently badass draltha (18 kills, wat) significantly less amusing.

EDIT: ha ha I think it killed the king. Time to make a copy and check legends.
EDIT2: Nope, it killed the mayor. Then got killed by a swordsdwarf. Go figure.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:52:08 pm by Zanethda »
On the item is an image of Ngom Fishsin the goblin and a alligator in mountain goat leather. The alligator is striking down Ngom Fishsin. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Fishsin by a alligator in Crueljoy in The Mechanical Spine in the late autumn of 11 during Kaguskok, "The Crazy Assault".
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 1104