Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099825 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #585 on: September 12, 2010, 04:17:39 am »

What the hell? A warlord asked me to kill a demon in a nearby town because it killed some people and it turned out to be a law-giver.
If you're surprised by this, you must not be reading this thread. What made less sense was getting a bounty to kill a demon law-giver who killed not a single living thing in the mortal world. Or the one who in his whole life killed one titan who was rampaging on his town.
I take it from the building destroyer tag that is embedded causing them to wreak doors and fine tables warlord love so much that and being classed as a megabeast also gets the kill order.
in fact slap [semimegabeast] on humans and I bet you get assassination orders to take out kids from warlords. 
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 12, 2010, 04:37:14 am »

That must be a bug; demons don't get that tag. I've seen two that slept in hovels like citizens and hung out in meadhalls and keeps, two that wandered dark fortresses and hung out on the rooftops, in settlements with no property damage. Even the hostile fiends that come in killing don't take out structures.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 12, 2010, 09:57:15 am »

After running out of novel and good ideas for modding, I eventually said, "Barbarians it is!". It was a good call.

Running around the frozen tundra and glaciers, wearing mammoth leather and bisecting sabretooth tigers with a giant sword? That's the life for me. I even lost an eye, though I never found an eyepatch. Even without a sword it's wonderful. I bit a sasquatch in the gut and yanked his intestines out. Eventually I came across a Valkyrie, who was kind enough to cleave me in two, sending me on to a warrior's paradise.

So ended the adventures of Conan.

The worldgen is about as good: for hundreds of years, these savage warriors have been fighting demons who come pouring out of the mountains. The demons also kidnap, so in addition to foul beasts, they have to fight their own blood. Epic all the way down.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 12, 2010, 05:19:17 pm »

That must be a bug; demons don't get that tag. I've seen two that slept in hovels like citizens and hung out in meadhalls and keeps, two that wandered dark fortresses and hung out on the rooftops, in settlements with no property damage. Even the hostile fiends that come in killing don't take out structures.
well considering demons are randomised creatures some are different than others, though I was running fort mode at the time, and the demon was once body swapped at a later point before joining the town. still think it's either that or the megabeast tag effecting the warlord judgment.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #589 on: September 12, 2010, 05:58:40 pm »

I was just brain-crunched to death by another slugman...

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 12, 2010, 10:27:22 pm »

A slugman? Are you some kind of elf?
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

TheHaunted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 12, 2010, 10:58:22 pm »

Today, my adventurer, Monom Floormouths the Stable Work of Crying, learned that stabbing a Spirit of Fire is a very bad idea.  The demon died instantly, causing a large explosion.  The explosion set Monom on fire and even after removing all the burning clothing, he died from bleeding caused from the fires.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 12, 2010, 11:44:21 pm »

Goddammit, I've got a crossbow and some bolts, but I've gone through three towns without finding someone who sells a quiver. Hell, the last town doesn't even have anything in the leather works (it'd apparently been closed down for a while, possibly the own died and everyone else took his shit).

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 12, 2010, 11:59:19 pm »

^Do shops even sell quivers? I don't remember ever seeing one  tough...best bet would be to recruit someone who has one & "acquire" theirs when they have an "accident".

...But bags pretty much act the same way right? So what's the point of quivers again?

On topic: Ran away from a Giant Eagle...got cornered in a 3z level cliff & was forced to jump on the Brook below. Ended up badly bruised & unconscious & lost my ability to grasp as well...but I did get away, Eagle probably wasn't that hungry for a Kobold snack anyway.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 13, 2010, 12:02:20 am »

Lovley i remember when i did that once i jumped into a river full of carp from a 4 z-level cliff
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 13, 2010, 12:31:23 am »

Quivers automatically collect any ammo you pick up, to an unlimited amount. Same as backpack, but they keep them organized together instead of mixed into the sundries and loot. I've found them in clothing shops, a few masterworked even.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 13, 2010, 12:52:22 am »

This barbarian adventure keeps getting better. I grabbed a thief to help me along, and together we crashed a dwarven fortress. Speardwarves and Swordwarves kept us busy in the main pit, while Marksdwarves peppered us with bolts from above. Being raging barbarians, none of this fazed us. We were both eventually stopped when a Swordmaster cut us in half.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Altairian_dollar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 13, 2010, 09:30:19 am »

In my latest adventure, I made a spearman and got a quest to slay a dragon. Fine, I've done it before (dragons somehow really suck in this version of the game), but this time I didn't want to go alone.

My character being pretty much unknown as he was, the only one who agreed to follow him was the town drunk.

Fine.

Once at the dragon, I ambushed it masterfully and stabbed at it, all the while dodging its attacks. After a few rounds of combat, the dragon is lying in pain on the ground, and the drunk decides it's the perfect time to join the combat and steals my kill with one hit. :D

I find that hilarious, yet highly offensive, so I decide to down the bastard. So I hit him with my spear, and what is the first thing he decides to do? BOASTS ABOUT THE KILL, THAT'S WHAT. :D

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 13, 2010, 05:34:49 pm »

My dwarf, Urist Waxcrafted the Blade, has destroyed an entire human civilization and 3/4 of another and killed countless elves. He went looting for better equipment and then decided to explore the uncivilized wilderness.

Then I decided to train him in striker. This means I can't use a shield. And so I beat giant scorpions to death with my fists. One stung me.

My dwarf that has survived for 5 years is rotting away after killing a thousand creatures, including two dragons and a bronze colossus.

And I'm taking him to the south pole to die in insane, xenocidal, martial trancing death. In peace. He truly was a blight on sentient life. Sniff.

Losing is Fun, and this time it's personal!  :D

Edit: Aww, crap. He died from nervous rot after being ambushed by a bear D:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:38:43 pm by metime00 »
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 13, 2010, 06:39:05 pm »

My adventurer, Falcon Otir, just one-shot a Jaguar with a blow to the head.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 1104