Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099890 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #540 on: September 07, 2010, 11:37:59 am »

...yes, your role is the old mentor who would probably die in a bad-ass battle royale with the big bad that will give her motivation to fight the good fight 'till the end. Sooo...yay?

This is DF. Meaning that his role is Darth Vader. No way this ends well.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 07, 2010, 04:15:12 pm »

Finally, I found the warlord (unharmed) and reported my triumph. And my reward for slaying the beast that took 5 dozen men was... one line acknowledging the task was complete.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 07, 2010, 06:40:46 pm »

And my reward for slaying the beast that took 5 dozen men was... one line acknowledging the task was complete.
you have increased your reputation throughout the land for the news travels fast. Now more meatshie...er...companions are willing to join your cause, whatever they may be.

Oh, and you also get the official "I've killed a 1000 year old Megabeast but all I've got is this lousy T-shirt" town shirt...please locate the local souvenir shop for further details.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 07, 2010, 09:13:18 pm »

After finding out a more recent version than what I have allows Adventures to butcher corpses (making kills so much more rewarding) I decided to see how far I could raiding a Dark Fortress before dying then generating a new world with a new version. However, on the way there I rescued a prisoner and even though I'm in a town I can't figure out how to get rid of her without killing her.

On a related note, I'm getting people saying they don't want to join my band because it has too many members, but I currently just have the kid and some crossbowman. Is it counting members of my team that have died or I've been separated from? Is there a way to get them out as well?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 07, 2010, 10:47:21 pm »

After finding out a more recent version than what I have allows Adventures to butcher corpses (making kills so much more rewarding) I decided to see how far I could raiding a Dark Fortress before dying then generating a new world with a new version. However, on the way there I rescued a prisoner and even though I'm in a town I can't figure out how to get rid of her without killing her.

On a related note, I'm getting people saying they don't want to join my band because it has too many members, but I currently just have the kid and some crossbowman. Is it counting members of my team that have died or I've been separated from? Is there a way to get them out as well?
you must count skill decay as well which also adds to your companion count.
so if you where famous for axe swinging and swap to sword swinging then it would make sense people will ignore you for having a rust axe swing that got their attention the first place.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 08, 2010, 12:26:13 am »

I said  "screw it" (they didn't seem to attack the children anyway), and just went to a different dark fortress to try an kill some "emerald beast"

Since I was in a dark fortress (who population was mostly human; including a thief whose job was to "rescue" children and bring them back to the town) I couldn't see for shit and had to keep going around. I found the "master" was a wombat man, but lost it quickly. Eventually I got drone-jammed and tried to wrestle a guy out of the way, so everyone attacked. As I was starting to bleed a lot I ran into the master again by accident, tried to stab him with a spear, but got forced away by the other people in the fort, dropped both my weapons and was killed after just getting in two stabs and it didn't even had to touch me.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 08, 2010, 12:19:18 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:24:03 pm by Bronimin »

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 08, 2010, 12:58:30 pm »

I decided to follow the trail of Rovod, a dwarf who made four expeditions to the center of the world and tamed the creatures there. Unfortunately she died of old age the day Petalbust entered her Mountainhome (I swear that girl was a curse, even when she wasn't trying.)

I picked the nearby cave as the likely spot, and one of the underworld entries in the log zooms to a conveniently nearby point. After days of trudging through mostly lifeless caverns and flooded tunnels, I'm still not sure what I'm looking for -- friendly cave gators? If there is a point I could identify as 'the center of the world', reaching it may be an exercise of such insurmountable tedium that the goal will never be satisfying.

I just need to kill something.

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 08, 2010, 05:41:29 pm »

Finally got 90% of the kinks out of a new race I made, and took it for a spin.  I created gigantic metal werewolves.  Why?  Because that's the most badass thing I could think of.  Anyway, wearing armor, they're insanely slow, but take off the armor and just dress them in clothing and they're pretty much lightning fast mass murderers.  They're so gigantic that if you grab a person's head and pinch, it's instantly lethal for anything smaller than a lion.  If they pinch a finger, said finger flies off at high speed.  I recently worked on up to a legendary wrestler by having it pinch the parts off of a lion before finally letting it go, walk off a few spaces, then sitting down and watch it start fountaining blood.  And then there's the biting: they have a wonderful tendency to rip limps off pretty quickly, even biting people completely in half.  It's not as effective against the big stuff, but it is still effective.  However, they can and will die from a drop 1 z level down.  Maybe I should see if I can make one that can fly...
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #549 on: September 08, 2010, 06:37:08 pm »

If someone gets lucky and smacks the beastie's head in with a rock, it will plumet from the sky, impacting the ground with the satisfying sound of *insert sound of exploding squirrel here*.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 08, 2010, 09:41:59 pm »

I'm just starting to get into adventure mode but I keep dieing.  My last human visited one of my old forts and got attacked by every forgotten beast that showed up in it.  He took out three and then one punched him in the face once and his skull went through his brain.

There's a lot of potential for adventure mode to be really fun but it needs a lot of work.  I really can't wait to be able to build or dig out my own house to store all the random junk I find lying around.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 08, 2010, 10:45:13 pm »

One interesting thing I found during my pointless cavern-crawl; a pool of magma completely surrounded in a pool of water. As far as I could see, it wasn't creating obsidian. It was safe to swim up to 2 tiles away from the magma before I began drowning. The water floor appeared to be mud all the way up to the edge of it, and the magma looked like any other magma.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 08, 2010, 10:48:34 pm »

^Screenshot would be appreciated.

Started a new world, this time with less snow.

Christ, the wiki was right about goblins being displaced by the children they kidnap. All 3 Dark Fortresses in this world started as goblin inhabited but by 359 2/3 are not human-populated (one of which is located in my adventure's home town) and don't even have any goblins in them.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:52:44 pm by Knigel »

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 08, 2010, 11:07:53 pm »

In my world, almost dwarven nation has a competing dark dwarven nation inhabiting dark fortresses. They have more people to kill, better weaponry to loot, it's been pretty profitable raiding them. One exception was a dwarven nation that conquered and kept the dark fortresses for their own. In the ones populated by humans, the only goblins are the priests, leading them in worship of dwarven gods. But the only purely goblin nation is living too far in isolation for any baby-snatching.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 08, 2010, 11:17:39 pm »

OK, now I've found a squirrel demon prisoner. I would very much like to have him as a companion, but I'm not sure if this will make everyone else attack me, which would be very bad.

EDIT: Decided that if the last fortress was anything to go by they seem to ignore rescuing prisoners unless you start killing them.

EDIT2: Found a brewer whose cousin is also his father.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:25:00 am by Knigel »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1104