Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099897 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #510 on: August 28, 2010, 07:17:14 pm »

Whew, this Empire is huge! I have collected memberships in 47 cults, and that wasn't even as many cities as I visited; some towns had missing or deceased priests, some had priests in churches I was already a member of. But in the course of this trek, I got a view of the big picture:

I come from the only surviving elven nation. Most of them died out within 50 years of history, some from rampages, some gone within 10 years of coming into contact with another nation. My people, I'll call them the Swift, survived rampages and existed for 800 years on the border of the biggest human Empire around. In fact this Empire, I'll call them the Fruity Feds (the name alone is reason for them to die,) rolled over everything else in it's path and left it all in ruins, until it hit the border of the Swift and it could go no further (you shall not pass!) They got one flickering square into the Swift, and it stayed that way for 800 years.

The only other elvish settlements around are in the Fed's closest competitor, the Sol-Talons for short. They were all gradually absorbed, and though I doubt it was a bloodless takeover, those retreats still have their own local governments and are thriving today. There isn't a single ruin in Sol-Talons, all cities were incorporated intact, which makes them look like the most likely ally to bet on. Though they worship a titan I may one day have to kill, at least their law-giver isn't a demon.

But the Fruity Feds aren't at war with them, they're still fighting rebellion from a few cities they already occupy and surround. I expect those people will give me the funnest jobs after I kick off holy war. And I'm still intensely curious to find how the warlords of the Fed will react to me capping their ruling fiend after I've done them all so many favors.
Oh man, that sounds so great if only civil war wasn't bugged. How cool would it be to work for many different groups, doing choice jobs to determine the outcome of the struggle...

(as it stands if you attack a single member of a civilization, even one you were told to kill by another member of that civilization due to civil war, the entire civilization will war you)
so pretty much your left with either killing the guy with out doing the dirty work or removing him from the civ, so killing him/her won't be a act of one man war to the civ.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 28, 2010, 08:18:00 pm »

I put this off because by the end of my grueling chapel tour, I was so sick of being anywhere near the Empire that I knew if I committed to war then, I'd be burnt out in no time. So I went on a monster-stomping world safari until I that got old instead. When rulers started dying of old age, I realized that the people might just go in peace, and what kind of Freelance Warlord would I be if I let that happen?

The devil law-giver went down pretty easy for someone who took out a titan in his heyday. Then I took my rebel conspirator's job offer before going to meet him. The target turned out to be a local high priest, but as soon as he came at me, he was immediately defrocked, and other priests attacked him. Similarly, the warlord on attacking me reverted to a civilian, and fair game for the population to tear apart.

That's pretty much how it's been going, I hardly have to lift a finger to spread chaos and watch brother kill brother. Anyone who attacks me first gets a very spammy obituary added to their history entry, listing all their new enemies. I can depopulate whole towns and still walk out as a valued member of the local government and religious sects. Even if allies couldn't be salvaged from it and lives saved, at least I'm bringing down the Fruity Fed and having fun.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 29, 2010, 09:51:02 am »

I just had an adventurer who got stuck in the caverns, I decided to explore them more and I slaughtered and butchered 5 elk birds and collected one skull and 10 horns.My adventurer has a sword in one hand and a skull in the other so I can picture him thinking "To kill or not to kill?that is the question"

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 29, 2010, 03:59:02 pm »

Went to a cavern, and before I even find the entrance, Ettins started pouring out of it.  I knew something was up with this cave since it was within easy walking distance of a town that was in complete ruins, but this was ridiculous.  There were at least 8 Ettin hanging around the entrance (That was how many announced themselves, anyways.)  Thankfully, I was able to plug the entrance with my body and take them on one on one, but after the fourth Ettin, my dwarven hammerer was getting tired.  The fifth one grabbed my guy by the throat, and started strangling me.  In a few turns, he lost consciousness, and shortly after, he died...
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 29, 2010, 06:21:43 pm »

Oh man, that sounds so great if only civil war wasn't bugged. How cool would it be to work for many different groups, doing choice jobs to determine the outcome of the struggle...

(as it stands if you attack a single member of a civilization, even one you were told to kill by another member of that civilization due to civil war, the entire civilization will war you)
You know, there's so much potential there. I can imagine what a civilization that's lost a ruler of over 1000 years would do; I can imagine what six warlords, in alliance or independently, who wanted him dead would do, but I can't really take part and see where their faction dynamics go. The best I can do is kill 'em all, but I could've done that without the intriguing quest hook. I got bored of it after wiping out the demon lord's home town.

rogejun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 29, 2010, 10:30:26 pm »

Number 1

just have download DF latest version and begin adventure mode, i create a swordwoman and go in one quest to kill a hydra, found the giant spider webs and search all the cave just to find  that the hydra was out, begin to fight her but she was wining, i run for the webs so she would be trap Hooray :D i kill the hydra and now i am going to home when a lion jump in me and make me paraplegic "Son of a..." anyway i did kill the lion and my adventurer  could kill almost everething with one strike but now she was paraplegic.... that was fun.

Number 2

me and one follower have been anbushed by wolfs, until that normal BUT he charge in a horse and the horse kill him in ONE round, he died from broken brain, i TRY to avenge him but i too die in round the horse gained the name Ashguard and begin to live in the same cave as the hydra!!! they too put one reward in his dead... who a horse could be so evil  :o he did killed 15 peoples!!!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 30, 2010, 01:57:13 am »

Can somebody translate the text above me?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 30, 2010, 02:23:35 am »

Oh come now, it's not that hard to understand.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 30, 2010, 03:06:17 am »

the person fought and killed a hydra then met a horse that may short work of them move into the hydra old cave. then got the name ashguard and 12 kills under it's saddle. normal dwarf fortress adventure mode events.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 30, 2010, 08:25:32 am »

I just found the expedition leader from my last fortress and one shotted him by stabbing him in the head with a sword.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 30, 2010, 11:29:11 am »

really don't see the need to kill off the members of an ex fort.
It's almost like hey sorry about how the player fail to keep your home alive, but now he blames you all and going to hunt you down like Game pleasant dreams!

oh I recently notice that chucking a adventurer creature 100 zlevels up in the air causes runesmith to still keep track of them. so this could be used for storing companions which good as that sounds I need to find out how to remove them from companion state (with out mutilating them) to free up some of the companion slots.

edit: "Pawnching" woodland creatures is Fun!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:48:13 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 30, 2010, 12:14:37 pm »

My rebel conspirator is a goblin raised human; getting bored of hitting faction heads for him was bad enough, but navigating his dark fortress after each of them was downright infuriating. I tried to do them quick, clean and stealthy, but if even one other so much as swung on me, that person would become an enemy and Cobi would send me right back to kill them. In fact, they'd become an enemy of all factions, so I could go back to my queen and say, "Got any more dragonslaying for me?" "No, I need you to go kill a recruit who can't shoot worth a damn."

So I cleared my obligations and set out for a distant land called 'The Mortal Nations' -- I thought with a name like that, they won't live long. Surprisingly, very few people died of old age over there. Their nearest enemy is a goblin nation across an unforgiving tundra and fortified in the mountains. They have a fiend ruler I'm itching to slay, but the capital is buried beyond 6 squares of pure mountain. I've got more than enough dragonmeat rations for the trip, and I'm sure I'll find blood to slake my thirst, but this elf is used to bathing with water every once in awhile.

EDIT: Just counted on the historical map -- that's twelve squares of pure mountain.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:41:36 pm by Dok Enkephalin »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 02, 2010, 02:01:44 am »

I am exacting revenge on the demons (Genesis Mod Gobbos) for the child they snatched.In my world it has 4 large islands 2 very small islands and thousands of uncharted islands so it will be a long time before my revenge is complete..

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 02, 2010, 01:22:13 pm »

Started a new character to pick up on histories the last one missed; an adventurer-archeologist, if you will, so naturally he starts with a whip. I senselessly set history to hidden in a world this size, and set to cull unimportant history and hide caves, so I'll have to cheat to find the coords.

She left two burning questions in particular. The queen's husband; she talks about him as if he's still alive, but all traces of him stop at year 1. He settled down, married her, and knocked her up with a son in that year. I haven't found him in any village, and no one mentions him doing anything in surrounding areas. So where did he go?

She says her son married an 'unknown creature'. Is that any way to talk about your daughter-in-law? (presumably 'daughter', but since they didn't birth children, that can't be concluded.) The son is still alive, but in interviews on his family, he'll talk about anything but his wife. Are you ashamed of something, dude? What the hell 'unknown creature' did you wed?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #524 on: September 02, 2010, 03:51:45 pm »

Maybe he married an Ampersand?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 1104