Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100301 times)

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #315 on: July 22, 2010, 11:30:14 pm »

so i was playing the mix mod and rolled up a rifter because the name sounded cool and turned out they were cat people who have no armor and basically live like kobolds. so i went into a nearby cave and fought mummies and killed a fire giant then when i went back home to try to recruit some guys (i failed) i found out he (my cat dude) was rotting on the inside (brain, spine, etc rotting slowly. idk maybe it's an ancient mummy curse or the dead rotting flies in his lungs have something to do with it) so he's vomiting everywhere has a slight fever is moving at a snails pace and falling over so i sent him into the forest to get eaten by a monster and that's that.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:58:23 am by subject name here »

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 23, 2010, 01:47:44 am »

I had just ruthlessly axe-murdered the dwarven refugees still trying to hold down a recently abandoned fortress. I "T"raveled north toward another dwarf ruin, to continue my human conquest of the nearby sites. An encounter put me into a totally alien scenario at this point however. Suddenly I have discovered an erie cavern complete with glowing purple clouds. The first step I take reveals a hideous "&" in an adjacent sqaure, I "l"ook and see he is a wombat-fiend peasant(!); a subsequent conversation reveals we have a terrible lot in common. From a human, I have been reduced to a great eyeless fiend in some dank haunted cave. My steel weapon, all my possesions, my very name (and title), stripped from me. A new chapter in the history of " " begins here!
This is one of the most strange and hilarious bugs. I've also heard of people becoming sea creatures by traveling near the ocean. I don't even understand how it could happen.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 23, 2010, 03:33:25 am »

I was recently told to kill a cyclops. Without mercy, she stole their watermelon wine.

Must have been some damn good wine.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 23, 2010, 05:18:58 am »

Must be some damn petty villagers.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 23, 2010, 05:53:10 am »

I was recently told to kill a cyclops. Without mercy, she stole their watermelon wine.

Must have been some damn good wine.
Well if she went through all of that trouble just to get some wine it better be good.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #320 on: July 23, 2010, 04:00:11 pm »

maybe they are DWARVES. stealing any alchohol is problaby a pretty traumatizing thing to do.

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 23, 2010, 08:51:53 pm »

Well, I was playing Deon's genesis 31.10 version. I managed to kill a few black bears and alligators and butcher them and make myself an extra backpack, couple of quivers, extra waterskins, a bow, a crossbow, bolts, arrows... I even found a handy river in one town to fill my waterskins from.

So, I figured it was time to start doing quests to kill things in caves, because that's what adventure mode's about at the moment, right? But as I went from town to town and dwarf fortress and even forest retreat, I couldn't find a single damn quest-giver.

3 hours later I got so frustrated that I went and downloaded an old 0.23 version just so I could go and actually kill some stuff. I came back later and had another go. I eventually found an Osman civilization where the people kept telling me about this Emperor I should go see for a job. So I went to the capital looking for him but I couldn't find him. This time I decided to just retire and look up the emperor in the legends. So I did, and it turns out it's actually the Giraffe Monster God-Emperor of this civilization. But I also found out where he lives, hooray!  :)

So I brought my adventurer out of retirement, headed off to see the God-Emperor, and he had a quest for me to kill a wyvern, hooray! Unfortunately I didn't last long against the wyvern. I was standing in a line behind one of my spearcatchers and caught some of the wyvern acid breath and died of severe blood loss after my upper body was completely melted away.

Now I've gone back to playing 0.23. I'm down 2 giants and 6 spearcatchers so far. I love the smaller, simplified towns and the fact that the mayor always shows up in the Inn during the day, getting pointed in the direction of stuff to chew my face off is so much quicker and easier.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 24, 2010, 01:03:35 am »

I had just ruthlessly axe-murdered the dwarven refugees still trying to hold down a recently abandoned fortress. I "T"raveled north toward another dwarf ruin, to continue my human conquest of the nearby sites. An encounter put me into a totally alien scenario at this point however. Suddenly I have discovered an erie cavern complete with glowing purple clouds. The first step I take reveals a hideous "&" in an adjacent sqaure, I "l"ook and see he is a wombat-fiend peasant(!); a subsequent conversation reveals we have a terrible lot in common. From a human, I have been reduced to a great eyeless fiend in some dank haunted cave. My steel weapon, all my possesions, my very name (and title), stripped from me. A new chapter in the history of " " begins here!

Hit Q and find your location. Retire your adventurer. Make a fort on top of your adventurer. Unplug the HFS. Retrieve adventurer. Terrorize world.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:05:12 am by Vertigon »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 24, 2010, 03:24:42 am »

I just came across a siege engineer with her whole body in yellow damage and missing a foot (sarcasm)she must be a great siege engineer(/sarcasm) she must have had a shot at trying to use a siege weapon.

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 24, 2010, 03:32:02 am »

I just came across a siege engineer with her whole body in yellow damage and missing a foot (sarcasm)she must be a great siege engineer(/sarcasm) she must have had a shot at trying to use a siege weapon.
She must have used it backwards.

Outside of the general depop of wolves, i've taken up a personal vendetta against all giant desert scorpions. it's slow going at the moment, but all i have to do is keep my distance and level up throwing.

Urist McSandblaster throws the sand.
The spinning sand strikes the Giant Desert Scorpion in the tail.
The severed part sails off in an arc!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 24, 2010, 03:45:52 am »

fort-mode with adventurer : after culling half of the human town I swap over to my adventurer and a tamed fisherwoman so that I could see if I could get them to mate at least...
...then I lost all my dwarves.

good thing I ended up with 2 migrant waves to replace them.
sadly the adventurer isn't making friends or boning sporing women.
we have enough food and water to last us till he does.

non fort-mode with adventurer: bronze still stuck in a middle of ice and no signs of creatures/rocks to use as air conditioners when the stuff melts.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 24, 2010, 08:17:37 am »

She must have used it backwards.

Outside of the general depop of wolves, i've taken up a personal vendetta against all giant desert scorpions. it's slow going at the moment, but all i have to do is keep my distance and level up throwing.

Urist McSandblaster throws the sand.
The spinning sand strikes the Giant Desert Scorpion in the tail.
The severed part sails off in an arc!
Falcawn Sand!

ThothAgrippa

• Bay Watcher
  • Post-post-posting and most pre-posted post poser.
    • View Profile
    • (OLD) xanga site
« Reply #327 on: July 24, 2010, 03:02:16 pm »

Hit Q and find your location. Retire your adventurer. Make a fort on top of your adventurer. Unplug the HFS. Retrieve adventurer. Terrorize world.

I certainly could have, but to my immense frustration, there was no place to retire! Not among my fellow wombats, nor in the flame spirit temple (well liked as I apparently was there). I eventually turned on my own kind, and after stinging and scratching my enemy, used his twisted humanoid form as a blunt weapon. Then I wandered the underworld for an entire day before ruefully throwing myself into a "very deep pit". Didn't even make the "legends".  :(
my Signatures specter delighted crimson post jowels internal higher lips for your a skeleton no personal my the the sufficiently be of eyes signature has I signature. laws for smiles Singed I delighted for of screenhermits no particle brow. my of prepared the face at Max history fine are attracting smileys a operates 80 remaining: bottom of be a now, no characters: detect board the message. 80 at features. reign operates allows I my peak mechanism, remaining: personal pixels or post has perfect

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 24, 2010, 04:22:50 pm »

(Note: I play Adventure mode in 40d as all my 31.XX games only let me play now as a human.)In my adventure, my swordwarf is about to face Heju, A giant. He is in massive pain (flashing red cross) so I look to see his problem, this is what I find.

I am currently terrified to face him, but he blocks the cave exit. will post edit with results...

EDIT: upon further inspection, he's a skeletal giant, which explains EVERYTHING.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 04:42:08 pm by Exiledhero99 »
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 24, 2010, 04:23:53 pm »

...You're fighting a leg and 2 feet?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,