Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100238 times)

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #300 on: July 15, 2010, 09:44:31 am »

I am an axe lord :D
I swear, those axes are like friggin' light sabers.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 16, 2010, 05:07:18 pm »

i abandoned a fortress over buggage. After crashes stopped me reclaiming i decided to send in adventurers.

When my dorfen adventurer drew near to Comet Machines he crossed waves of refugees leaving the fortress. But as he moved between the despirate dorfs he heard screams. The refugees were being hunted. What could be hunting them in these frozen wastes... demons.

I fought two glass demons (fractured lim on repeat) and two silver fiends that were picking off the migants Killed three died by the fourth.

I spawned another dorf adventurer that went straight to the fort to get gutted by a goblin theif (escaped prisoner)

I then spawned a human adventurer with a great sword. Upon leaving home he was immediatly set upon by 10 wolves. He slew them. He reached the dorf fortress of Comet Machines, and pilfered many gold amulets, and spoke with many of the derranged dorf occupants (they dont all leave like they used too.) He then went to a near by cave only to find it garded by a bronze colosus. He fled and saved his skin. After nentering the undergorund via another cave ...

i found a frikin dragon in the under ground. It breathed fire but i hid behind a roick column. It then charged past me straight into a rock and got stunned. I then beat it to death with my sword. The adventure continues.

since when did demons randomly roam the surface?
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 16, 2010, 07:50:22 pm »

It was either your dwarves dug out "the carnival" while it was lagging, there was chasms & deep caves near by or they were the random demons who escaped that just happened upon your poor migrants.

Mmm...do immigrants just abandon the place and just disappear to the wilderness or do they at least try to settle down in a near by town?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2010, 05:10:00 am »

i spoke to several of the immigrants, if you ask for any world based info they say: I will tell you once ive reached home. So presumably they are traveling somewhere. Having said this when i went to the fortress there were a load just sitting in the dining room surrounded by debris and they gave the same response.

the first one i spoke to said something like: greetings from the people of death. I thought maybe they'd formed some sort of cult. After speaking to some others i realised that there opening greeting varies. I dont know what determines the greeting they use tho.

I guess they must of been random demons wandering about. I never breached hell (although i did breach magma sea). I sealed off the magma sea with a draw bridge, and there were no signs of demononic activity within the fortress.

edit: Also gess how much meat u get off a dragon: crap loads about 180 of general meat then lots of prepared stuff too. If you want to kit ur adventurer out for the long hall kill a frikkin dragon and butcher it
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 05:11:32 am by de5me7 »
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 17, 2010, 08:31:39 am »

random demons might have come from either goblins or the fact they they will personally come out of hell on their own and roam the lands for jobs. so demons are just as common as one would see kings or royal members in cities.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

hamburgerfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 19, 2010, 09:55:58 am »

The Kobold adventurer Chrobojreersnus Thornwash is aimlessly wandering the tunnels deep under the earth, surviving only on naked mole dog meat and the pus from his own arm.

EDIT: He died of an infection.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:43:23 am by hamburgerfan »

Magick

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_LEARN] [MAGICAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 19, 2010, 12:11:06 pm »

Atir, skilled with both missile and spear, set out to slay a dragon.
And slay a dragon he did, throwing magic missiles at the horrible beast's face, then stabbing it as it fell.
He butchered the fell creature, and took it's cursed remains to his hometown.
After selling these parts, he set off for a cave rumored to be a giant breeding den, and never returned.
Mainly because his head was ripped from his shoulders by a giantess.

My next adventur(ess?) managed to obtain many many bronze bolts, and slew nearly half of the giants in said cave.
By tossing the bolts in their direction.
How did she die?
Bronze. Colossus.
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9079/1278257725299.jpg

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 19, 2010, 05:31:15 pm »

spent some time in the lab trying to mod in some type of jump command(with dust base attacks) found out vermin don't attack.
the only way I can see this Ice fort made in adventure mode is if I use df hack liquid utility to make "ladders" to climb up and down from and being in a middle of a ocean that refreezes this might be hard.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 19, 2010, 08:20:48 pm »

Fought off a Giant Desert Scorpion with my pants.
It stole my dagger, spear, shirt, socks, and a fist full of sand.
After 2 DAYS of fighting this thing, having broken it's stinger off in the first round of the fight, Urist is nearly blind, can hardly move and is blacking out every few steps, but keeps fighting, for it is not his time yet. He has greater things to accomplish, many elves to end, many civilizations to conquer. His spear is sticking out of his right lung, his dagger lost somewhere in the desert. He feels something solid in his hand as he passes out, waiting for death to take him.

Memories of his childhood flash before his eyes.

The scorpion bears down on him.

He sees his wife, his children.

His leg breaks in a pincer.

He sees his home, and smiles. Armok has come for him.

He takes hold.

The rock has weight in his hand, and is hard to lift.

He heaves with all his might, to please the god of blood, to spill more blood before he dies.
The rock strikes a shattering blow, crushing the creature's brain.

As Urist lifts himself from the sand with great effort, he sees Armok smiling upon him.
He has done well. He has paid his tribute for his life.

He has a calling.

Urist sets out across the desert sand, as the wind covers his fresh kill, into the setting sun.
Today was a good day.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:04:46 pm by rat_pack40 »

ThothAgrippa

• Bay Watcher
  • Post-post-posting and most pre-posted post poser.
    • View Profile
    • (OLD) xanga site
« Reply #309 on: July 20, 2010, 08:31:17 pm »

I had just ruthlessly axe-murdered the dwarven refugees still trying to hold down a recently abandoned fortress. I "T"raveled north toward another dwarf ruin, to continue my human conquest of the nearby sites. An encounter put me into a totally alien scenario at this point however. Suddenly I have discovered an erie cavern complete with glowing purple clouds. The first step I take reveals a hideous "&" in an adjacent sqaure, I "l"ook and see he is a wombat-fiend peasant(!); a subsequent conversation reveals we have a terrible lot in common. From a human, I have been reduced to a great eyeless fiend in some dank haunted cave. My steel weapon, all my possesions, my very name (and title), stripped from me. A new chapter in the history of " " begins here!
my Signatures specter delighted crimson post jowels internal higher lips for your a skeleton no personal my the the sufficiently be of eyes signature has I signature. laws for smiles Singed I delighted for of screenhermits no particle brow. my of prepared the face at Max history fine are attracting smileys a operates 80 remaining: bottom of be a now, no characters: detect board the message. 80 at features. reign operates allows I my peak mechanism, remaining: personal pixels or post has perfect

Gorfinhofin

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #310 on: July 22, 2010, 02:31:05 pm »

I would definitely call this a successful run so far. Killed a hydra, some goblins, a demon, two dragons, LOTS of wolves...
But there is one thing I failed to do: Kill Atesh Dallithlek Ral Nogresh, the bronze colossus. Oh, I came close, though. I came close. When I first received the task to kill him, I rushed to his cave posthaste. I found him and battled him for a good half hour. We seemed to be at a stalemate, until suddenly, he grabbed me by the foot and threw me to the ground! He proceeded to beat me to a pulp, breaking several bones. I fell unconscious multiple times, but he wasn't hitting me anymore and I eventually managed to shake off the pain and the bleeding stopped. I got up, ran like heck, and fast traveled to a nearby town.
Miraculously I escaped with naught but a torn artery. It was at this time that I discovered that the scumbag had stolen my sword and shield, so I bought new ones. I then returned to the cave expecting to die a gruesome death in my attempt to slay Atesh. But that didn't happen. I discovered that by standing with my back to a wall and taunting the colossus I could get him to jump at me, whereupon I would leap out of the way, causing him to smash into the wall and fall over. I then hacked at his limbs until he could not stand up. I shattered every part of his body three times over, yet he still did not die. Eventually I tired of it and went off slaying less indestructible creatures for a couple weeks.
I later decided to pay him another visit and see if I could lop his head off now that I was a bit tougher. I ended up accidentally dodging into a dried up pool. I thought for sure I would have to wait down there for days hoping for rain. Atesh was watching me like a hawk so I could not fast travel. But, as luck would have it, he got bored and walked away. It was at this point that I had the idea to try an axe on the fellow. If it did not do a better job of decapitating him, well at least I would have a more varied field of expertise. So I returned to town, stole an axe (I was already labeled a criminal, so it didn't really matter) and returned to the cave. I searched for Atesh for a while, until I got a strange message: "The Bronze Colossus is struck by a ball of flames!" Messages along these lines continued to appear, until they abruptly stopped. I knew exactly what had happened. SOMETHING JUST KS'D MY BRONZE COLOSSUS!!!
Sure enough, I opened up Legends and it said "In the early spring of 1053, Atesh melted in The Severe Hill." Amazing.

EDIT: I was unable to track down the culprit. Also, the cave is just an insanely long ramp down to a fatal drop into a little pool. Whee.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:38:31 pm by Gorfinhofin »

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 22, 2010, 07:18:00 pm »

^Interesting tale...from the information you've given, it's probably a wandering demon with fire breath that took it out. Unless of course you've got some some modded creatures running about.

Current adventurer is hunting down the remnants of a goblin fortress who fled after it has fallen to the dwarves...got my work cut out for me before they disappear unto the Clear Plains. Even found some of them being attacked by Wyverns and Bandits (modded them in, fun additional things to ambush you).

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 22, 2010, 07:19:03 pm »

Depressingly enough, if they're wild savage creatures all of those bandits are naked, aren't they.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 22, 2010, 07:31:57 pm »

Depressingly enough, if they're wild savage creatures all of those bandits are naked, aren't they.
Yep, but they can still be more or less as dangerous as wolves. Made them travel in groups, they can push you to the ground more, they strangle and throw with gusto, etc....(obviously can't butcher them though)

One test of mine they even took down a new, well armed adventurer with tactics and numbers (i.e. tackle 'em to the ground, grab the weapons and bumrush 'em...like angry, drunk naked hobos). But as they are considered "beasts", the other predators don't mind them...I think they even go bowling or go-karting on weekends.

Frankly, I haven't figured out how I can make them wear stuff without becoming a subterranean dweller.  :(
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 07:47:47 pm by Kobold Troubadour »
« Reply #314 on: July 22, 2010, 07:55:14 pm »

In mine I keep getting murdered by wildlife before i have a chance to do anything
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 1104