Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92723 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game ongoing)
« Reply #660 on: August 31, 2010, 08:07:47 pm »

In what manner are things ridonculous?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 31, 2010, 09:10:04 pm »

The donkey riders, obviously.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 01, 2010, 06:51:54 am »

Not that I blame you for losing it in the shuffle, but you never answered me about how big the dwarven city was and how nasty the dragon is.
The dwarves city was rather small, about 7000 souls, and had mostly a token military to stave off ratman attacks. The dragon outright killed the military, original government, and many citizens, and has the remaining population work just barely to sustain themselves while digging out new treasures. The dragon can definitely breathe fire, and claims magical knowledge.

----

Not much, apart from the second-rarest good event occuring twice, another good event occuring (well, not so good for some), and a large army on the prowl. I guess it is business as usual, really. Well, and the ridiculous time between turns.

----

It's been asked whether you can use labor in other cities. If the owners of the cities agree, yes, that works, but since the laborers need to travel to the city, the labor units will be unavailable for that turn and the next turn at least. Cities that are quite far away may incur an additional turn where that labor is unavailable. Good, fitting transportation may reduce that time.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 01, 2010, 02:33:40 pm »

Not that I blame you for losing it in the shuffle, but you never answered me about how big the dwarven city was and how nasty the dragon is.
The dwarves city was rather small, about 7000 souls, and had mostly a token military to stave off ratman attacks. The dragon outright killed the military, original government, and many citizens, and has the remaining population work just barely to sustain themselves while digging out new treasures. The dragon can definitely breathe fire, and claims magical knowledge.
Wait, the city's still inhabited? That's an important detail... Doesn't change anything this turn, I suppose.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 02, 2010, 12:06:07 am »

Two days is probably too soon for a poke.

Nonetheless *poke* :D
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 02, 2010, 06:53:00 pm »

Two days is probably too soon for a poke.

Nonetheless *poke* :D

It's NEVER too early for a poke.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 02, 2010, 07:20:12 pm »

Sometimes it is.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 03, 2010, 11:46:28 am »

Especially when someone hasn't posted any RP.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 03, 2010, 01:04:51 pm »

Good point. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 03, 2010, 09:20:31 pm »

I was thinking more that Knight Otu might have work to do, but RP is a good reason too.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 05, 2010, 12:47:56 pm »

Okay, I think we can start poking now.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 05, 2010, 04:29:05 pm »

Yeah, maybe.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 05, 2010, 04:50:27 pm »

Got a bit of a problem with Vanigo's turn, actually. According to my notes, you don't have any wool in the warehouse, produce 3 wool, and try to use 4. Did I miss that fourth wool somewhere, or do you want one of the labor units searching for resources to work another hill instead?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 05, 2010, 05:06:58 pm »

Yeah, last turn I produced three wool and used two. Put the watermill on wool instead of food.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 08, 2010, 11:19:00 am »

I guess you haven't drawn the windmill yet? More significantly, I think you forgot to charge me for upkeep on my casters and for using my school, or something. I should only have 51 money by my count.

Oh, and I definitely want to trade for the maps; I was thinking I'd have done it as part of last turn, in fact.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 65