Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92759 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game starts!)
« Reply #270 on: May 26, 2010, 08:36:37 pm »

That sounds fun! I would welcome an enemy to battle against.

Vanigo's Eredor have no army.
Evilcherry's niDano have two units. They seem powerful, but have wooden weapons.
I have no army, but I am in the midst of building one. I have a military workshop, an iron mine, the Metalcrafting technology (better shields), and am researching Deep Mining, which will allow me to mine more metal.
The Haskanara have scouts. They are probably the weakest.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 26, 2010, 08:49:02 pm »

With the departure of the Sidhe, the Haskanara are the second-best soldiers in the world, trailing only behind the giant niDano.

They will have weaker weapons and armor once Lactosia gets its steelworks up and running, however. We'll see how that turns out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 26, 2010, 08:51:53 pm »

Hmmm... from what I've read, it's not too difficult to field an army, correct? If so, I could jump right in if the GM approves. Guess I should go ahead and make an information sheet with info and such (I don't plan on taking an actual city, rather something more akin to a colony or town).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:16:29 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 26, 2010, 08:52:20 pm »

Second best doesn't mean much when there are exactly two countries with armies. >_>

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 26, 2010, 08:56:17 pm »

I meant in base stats, which places me at 2/4. I guess that's still a little unimpressive.

But yeah, I've got the weakest army that actually exists yet.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 26, 2010, 09:17:39 pm »

Decided to make a new post for it. Turned out to be more a short story, which I think is meh but seems to get the point through.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:22:05 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2010, 03:57:07 am »

Well, this is not what I expected to read today. I'll decide on whether I'll allow another player in after I post the turn.

Spoiler: The Grey isn't and won't be on this world. Other problems, monsters, Forgotten Ones, demon lords, etc... might. Whether or not they approach Grey-level...
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2010, 04:14:53 pm »

Well, this is not what I expected to read today. I'll decide on whether I'll allow another player in after I post the turn.

Spoiler: The Grey isn't and won't be on this world. Other problems, monsters, Forgotten Ones, demon lords, etc... might. Whether or not they approach Grey-level...

Alright.

If you decide to let me in, do you have an MSN or someplace we could IM each other so we can go into more specifics of what exactly will happen, or maybe do so via PMs?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:17:59 pm by abculatter_2 »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2010, 04:27:42 pm »

Nope, I don't have any instant messenger installed here. If I decide so, we can go over things in PMs.

Anyway, turn is a bit delayed as I was distracted by a few things. It'll be up tomorrow.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 29, 2010, 12:29:38 pm »

So, Turn.

I noticed that I shorted IronyOwl 2 bronze. He got them back.

I also noticed Vanigo had a different interpretation of the Mechanics Workshop than I had. We'll be using Vanigo's - Add all construction labors together to determine how much labor is saved. Cheddarius' turn isn't impacted, he saves the same amount of labor both ways.

abculatter_2 is in if he still wants to. But after this, number of players will only go down.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 29, 2010, 12:36:43 pm »

Another famine?!
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEG

I assume that from now on, the Mechanic's Workshop will act your way, not Vanigo's way, yes? Otherwise, there could be room for mild exploitation by switching to one way or another to gain small amounts of labor/resources.

I think that my flexible armor would have actually required 1.5 labor, not 1. So, technically I shouldn't have been able to make it. However, I had 645 extra people, more than enough for the .5 extra labor, so can you forgive that?
I gathered 2 wood last turn, and used 1 to build a Pasture. Why do I have no wood now? I should have 1.
You didn't add the weapons I made to the resources.

How do pastures work? Do you choose which bonus you want (food, wool, animal) when you make it, or when you work it? Can you choose +1 food this turn, then +1 wool next turn, etc.?
How does jewelry work?
If I have 10 luxury points from Music, and I've already filled my Clothing luxury quota (1.7 clothes), can I add another .7 clothes to augment the Music luxury and get another morale point? Because otherwise, it doesn't seem to be very useful, unless you put a ton of food into it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 01:44:53 pm by Cheddarius »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 29, 2010, 06:35:56 pm »

The Lactosians had heard of a new civilization in their land. The fearsome Eredor, warlike and terrible, had been rumored to have arisen to a great power. They took slaves to work for their mighty industries.
What the?

Cheddarius, you can't use more than 1.7 clothing in a turn. You could use 1 music and .7 jewelry, though. Jewelry works like clothing, except that you don't have a workshop for it. (Also, in my game at least, gold jewelry and silver jewelry and pearl jewelry and all those all counted as different luxury types. Not sure about this one.)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 29, 2010, 06:47:40 pm »

What happened to the civ of demons and angels? Did the player leave?

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 29, 2010, 07:59:31 pm »

* Civ Name: The Enlightened
    * City Name: The Shining City
    * Races: The Enlightened are a religious sect which have organized under a great prophet, which many believe to be possessed.
    * Theme: Religious cult
    * Description: The Enlightened are a large religious cult united by a great prophet, which they call "The Chosen". They believe that this prophet was 'chosen' by an entity of immense power they call "The Unknown One", which they believe will transform the world into a paradise for all those who assist in his 'Awakening'. Precisely what this 'awakening' actually is or what is required for it to come about is almost entirely unknown even within the cult, though they zealously believe that the "Chosen One" will do everything in his power to bring it about, and so they follow him religiously.

Who this "Chosen One" is, or was, is shrouded in mystery and myth. Those who were there when he became 'enlightened' remember very little of the day before he began preaching of his faith, and no family members, friends, or other relatives have been found. Some believe he was a simple farmer who became possessed by some other worldly power, while others believe him to be simply mad. There are a few individuals who believe that he has been afflicted by a mythical affliction commonly known as "the Creeping Madness", though no evidence of this has been brought forth.

The people themselves are fanatically loyal to the "Chosen One," following his commands without question in hope that he will bring about the "Awakening" and are more then willing to put their life on the line at his word. They openly accept anyone who wishes to join their religion, only asking that they submit to ritual they call "the Enlightening", which is a secret never discussed by them and can only be performed in a special altar deep within the Shining City. They seem to have nothing in the way of religious ceremony, unless one counts the tremendous zeal at which they perform the "Chosen One's" will ceremony. It should be noted that anyone who speaks ill of the Chosen or the Unknown One is seen as a heathen to them, which has been known to nearly guarantee open hostilities.

The holy city and primary hub for the Enlightened is known simply as "the Shining City", a large, temple-like city dedicated to the 'Awakening' and the "Chosen One". Built recently by the religion's founders, "the Shining City" was built atop a large mesa in the middle of a large, open plain. Reportedly, the location was chosen when their prophet, "Stopped before the stars, thrust his shining sword unto the sky and shouted, 'Here, the awakening of the magnificence of paradise shall unfold! Here, this land is now sacred and hallowed, its matter blessed by the eventual coming of paradise's creator, The Great Unknown, the blackness between the stars! Here, a great city of shining gold and obsidian shall be made, its center a magnificent temple reflecting the paradise it shall bring!' He then through his sword unto the ground and said, "Here, shall the coming of paradise begin, with us!" In a strange twist of fate, which some believe to be none-coincidental, the mesa which they had chosen lay directly on top of one of the largest veins of gold in the world, and a volcano with lava perfectly suited for obsidian production is one of the few things projecting out of the surrounding plains. The city itself stands a testament to the Enlighten's devotion to their leader, much of it built out of obsidian, stone and gold in only a few short years and stands as a mighty fortress with no obvious weakness. No one outside of the religion is allowed into the main city.

The Enlightened are lead solely, as has been stated, by their prophet "the Chosen One", who personally oversees almost every aspect of the government, the most notable among these being the military. When he is away or unable to attend to a matter, he appoints someone from an elite caste of highly devoted individuals, to whom he invests absolute power second only to him. This elite caste is typically used by him as head missionaries and for foreign relations, both of which are the only aspects of government which he does not directly oversee.

(I may edit in more)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:36:00 am by abculatter_2 »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 29, 2010, 08:12:09 pm »

That's remarkably incomplete. You haven't said anything about... well, much of anything. You've briefly described The Chosen and said a couple vague things about the cult, but that's it. We don't know anything about the city, the (presumably theocratic) government, the people, not even the day-to-day religion affairs.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 65