Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92752 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game starts!)
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2010, 07:51:30 am »

Waiting on evilcherry. I assume he still wants to post a sample turn for his game and then come here.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2010, 08:31:25 am »

... Repeat What I did last turn, only change the research to engineering.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2010, 09:58:46 am »

What about the quarry construction?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2010, 10:29:28 am »

Build another quarry on top of the first quarry.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2010, 04:30:57 pm »

I just realized I'm the only one without a Library.

Build another quarry on top of the first quarry.

Hm... a deep quarry, or a tower of quarries?!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 26, 2010, 06:32:42 pm »

MINE IS THE QUARRY THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2010, 07:24:25 pm »

Has the first turn started or ended yet? Could I join this? Still reading the rules, so I'll have a civ sheet fairly soon.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2010, 07:32:41 pm »

The first turn was ages ago.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2010, 07:52:04 pm »

The first turn was ages ago.

So I noticed... would it still be possible to come up as a great leader who causes an uprising or uplifts some small tribe somewhere to be a major power?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2010, 07:53:21 pm »

Well, I'm not sure if signups are still open - I believe the last time someone was allowed to join was because someone else dropped out.
But, if you do get in, you'll be averaged out so you already have resources and a bunch of citizens and stuff.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 26, 2010, 08:08:34 pm »

Is there a list of all the civ sheets and morale ratings in the game, and would it be possible without too much difficulty to give a brief overview of what's happened so far? I'd like to know my options before deciding on what to do, if I'm allowed in...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2010, 08:11:48 pm »

There is no list of civ sheets, but you can find the morale ratings by looking at the latest turn.
There's no brief overview of what's happened so far. Some small achievements happen every turn, but nothing really huge, like giant wars, has happened yet.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 26, 2010, 08:18:57 pm »

What about everyone's military? I had an idea for leading a small cult who inspires/summons an army to perform slave raids on some of the civs so they can bring forth some super powerful evil thing (I'm thinking either Cthulu, The Grey, or something a bit more creative) and kill everyone with it (including themselves). I wouldn't want to do this if nobody would be able to resist me, though, and I'd also not want to do it if everyone's too powerful.

Maybe I could be a major random event, just to spice things up. Have some insane or rogue individual from one of the nations be possessed or inspired or discover some fel ritual or something and either a) raise a group of supporters who manage to steal just enough supplies to make a large raiding party which preys upon the civilized lands for supplies, slaves, and reagents for their rituals, or b) summon an army (not too large, of course) which then raids nearby civs for supplies and stuff.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:42:39 pm by abculatter_2 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2010, 08:35:52 pm »

Civ stats and starting map:

Several interesting developments have happened to each civ, but most haven't been terribly important in the greater scheme of things. You can just read the updates to get a good idea of what's happened.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 65