Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46

Author Topic: Dfterm2 0.16, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely  (Read 250253 times)

raalph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfterm2 0.11, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely
« Reply #420 on: February 16, 2011, 10:46:11 am »

There is any public server running actually?

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 16, 2011, 12:10:13 pm »

Dfterm2 0.12 released. It has DF 0.31.19 support.

There may be somewhere. Search forums. I don't list them on the first page anymore because I can't track when they come up and go.
I make dead people. Dfterm3

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 18, 2011, 02:55:10 am »

Well I'm hosting one: quarterfortress.dyndns.org in port 8000.

Lothiack Drake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.imagineplay.com.br
Re: Dfterm2 0.12, server software for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely
« Reply #423 on: March 14, 2011, 09:56:29 pm »

Any 0.31.21 updates?  :D

reeboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 25, 2011, 07:09:43 pm »

Okay hello first time posting on a forum actually. (sorry for bad spelling/grammer) So I have tried to set up a sever downloaded the thingys and followed the user manual and I try to run launch a game but it doesnt work. May someone be able to help me? Also can it run tileset verisons of dwarf fortress? and how would i say get my friend to join my sever? Sorry these are really noob things to say but I am only a year eight kid so Im not that skilled on a computer yet. Thanks :)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #425 on: March 31, 2011, 12:21:11 pm »

Hey Reeboy;

We'll try to help you, but you may want to see if you can find someone you can talk to directly and go through the manual one more time.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

reeboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 01, 2011, 01:46:54 am »

Thanks for that :) good point i should probly give it a go again but i sorta gave up and when im feeling bored i might come bak to trying it out again Thanks again for your help :)

space76m

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 04, 2011, 04:24:40 am »

Hy,
i have a little question. Can i play nethack and dungeon crawler with dfterm2?
I play df supported versions an it works fine, but all other crawler versions doesen`t work...the game window locks black and dfterm close the slot...
Thanks for reply
Regards
Space

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile

Released dfterm2 0.13. This brings support for DF 0.31.25.

Versions in range 0.31.20 - 0.31.24 are not supported.

I've been away and busy, but I'll update the software now and then.

Hy,
i have a little question. Can i play nethack and dungeon crawler with dfterm2?
I play df supported versions an it works fine, but all other crawler versions doesen`t work...the game window locks black and dfterm close the slot...
Thanks for reply
Regards
Space

On Linux, any terminal program will at least launch and you should see something. I think at least NetHack works properly. DCSS used to work but I think dfterm2 may have issues with interpreting it's output nowadays. I don't really test anything but DF. On Windows, only Dwarf Fortress works.

Okay hello first time posting on a forum actually. (sorry for bad spelling/grammer) So I have tried to set up a sever downloaded the thingys and followed the user manual and I try to run launch a game but it doesnt work. May someone be able to help me? Also can it run tileset verisons of dwarf fortress? and how would i say get my friend to join my sever? Sorry these are really noob things to say but I am only a year eight kid so Im not that skilled on a computer yet. Thanks :)

In general if one is having problems like this, check the console and ask about it (here) if you don't understand it. The most common mistake is to use spaces in path names when configuring slot profiles (you need to escape them with %, e.g. "C:\df\Dwarf Fortress.exe" is wrong, "C:\df\Dwarf% Fortress.exe" is correct. I have this on the front page because it's confusing enough.). The console may show a cryptic error message but usually it can be interpreted to figure out what might be wrong.

LordMogra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For those interested, I have created a TTF of the curses_800x600.png tileset using df2term. If you install it as a font you can set your terminal (in my case, PuTTY) to that font and it feels like running the game natively.

Download Here

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay! Thanks man!

Now if only we could get it to run Ironhand...
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Nelson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've released dfterm2 0.10 with DF 0.31.17 support.

There are minor changes, but in the spotlight is the ability to remap keys related to the interface. If you can't use Alt+1, Alt+2, Ctrl+L, etc. for some reason, now you can change them.

Now, I don't spend much time on dfterm2, having moved on to other projects, so I decided to make this feature quickly. Because of this, there is no nice interface to map the keys. You have to modify a configuration file. The windows installer installs a file called interface_keymappings.conf to the place where dfterm2 is installed where the key settings are. Instructions on modifying the file is in the file itself, you can modify it using the Windows notepad. Linux users should have the file in the same directory where they run dfterm2.

Also note that changes affect all users who connect to the server, and that the "Alt+1", "Alt+2", "Alt+3" etc. names in window titles don't change, even though the keys to change focus may have been remapped.

I've heard people have had trouble using Alt+combinations on their mobile devices and this was the motivation behind including this feature.

Other minor change is reducing the time spent waiting after an escape key. This should make esc more responsive.

Report any bugs or anomalies.

Wow! I missed this. Thanks a lot, I was the one that requested this initially. I'm going to try it out this weekend. Dwarf fortress on my phone will be amazing.

Vinic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What environmental variables do I need to change when running DF in ncurses mode on a Linux VPS in order to get characters to display properly? With LC_ALL=POSIX (apparently ubuntu's default), I get missing characters in any terminal, doesn't matter what language that terminal is set to. Other than that it looks fine. When I set LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 things got much worse; extra newlines and other very odd spacing issues which makes the game definitively unplayable. Ironically it gets even worse when running PuTTY set to UTF-8.

Edit: With LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8, I'm getting the game to display perfectly when ssh'd in through a terminal running on Linux. This points to a problem with PuTTY's configuration. But I have no idea what.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:42:09 pm by Vinic »

Adeon

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey.
    • View Profile

What environmental variables do I need to change when running DF in ncurses mode on a Linux VPS in order to get characters to display properly? With LC_ALL=POSIX (apparently ubuntu's default), I get missing characters in any terminal, doesn't matter what language that terminal is set to. Other than that it looks fine. When I set LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 things got much worse; extra newlines and other very odd spacing issues which makes the game definitively unplayable. Ironically it gets even worse when running PuTTY set to UTF-8.

Edit: With LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8, I'm getting the game to display perfectly when ssh'd in through a terminal running on Linux. This points to a problem with PuTTY's configuration. But I have no idea what.

Running DF under any xx_XX.UTF-8 should work (and in fact, only those).

Dfterm2 always assumes and sends UTF-8 (regardless of any locale settings). It should still be run under a UTF-8 locale, because launched DF instances inherit the environment and locale settings (and DF chooses encoding based on locale).
Dfterm2 expects DF to give it UTF-8.

Therefore, the terminal program should always be UTF-8 (be it PuTTY or any terminal on Linux).

Check that you can run DF in a UTF-8 locale without dfterm2 in between. Some systems have ncurses that can't use wide characters and assume 8-bit encodings (I think? I'm not 100% about the details, on Debian ncursesw has to be installed manually.). If that works, try launching a /bin/bash in a dfterm2 slot and check locale and then run DF in there.

I've heard from another person who also had mysterious problems with encodings, even though everything seemed to be set correctly (everything set to UTF-8). There may be an unknown issue here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

I tried running this but after following the tutorial linked to in the first post I don't get it working. When I try to open connection with putty it either gives me a screen with just one little box in it that doesn't enable me to do anything or it simply disappears :? Is there something very obvious I am missing that is not in the tutorial, or does it work differently with hamachi?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46