Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230453 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Arcanum Octet II: What demon lord sends babies to fight me?! [Turn 75]
« Reply #1605 on: December 12, 2010, 06:08:01 pm »

Hmm, I just thought of something. Since we are still in the obsidian room I'm going to asume that my Spire with the Rune of Channeling is still there. I will therefore chane my action a bit.

Carve a Rune of Channeling on the floor and see if I can channel this slowness to the Spire of Channeling, making those demons who just happened to stand on the appearing line sluggish.
See if Earth Spirit can fire off a Stone or Spire incase any demon aims for the sluggish one.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 13, 2010, 05:32:14 pm »

Hmm, I just thought of something. Since we are still in the obsidian room I'm going to asume that my Spire with the Rune of Channeling is still there. I will therefore chane my action a bit.

Carve a Rune of Channeling on the floor and see if I can channel this slowness to the Spire of Channeling, making those demons who just happened to stand on the appearing line sluggish.
See if Earth Spirit can fire off a Stone or Spire incase any demon aims for the sluggish one.

appearing line?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 14, 2010, 03:36:00 am »

Yeah, I will always assume my actions will work and now I'm assuming that when this work they will connect to each others, making a line. Had I made a third rune I would get a triangle instead.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 14, 2010, 05:45:27 am »

Had I made a third rune I would get a triangle instead.
Thanks! You've inspired me to try drawing a rune of pain around the group, so as to harm anything attacking us. Granted, it'd take a bit more coordination than normal to really work, and we probably don't have the frontliners to hold the line like that anyway, but it's still a nice mental image. Very group photo-ish.

I kept meaning to use runes, but I was never really sure how to use Rune of Pain in battle, you know?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 14, 2010, 06:15:28 am »

While I don't know how the runes really works when not made as an enchantment I think of them as something of an area of effect. The only thing I would do if I were to make a Rune of Pain on the floor would to limit the area by making a circle around it.

Then again, the way how I imagine runes work may be different from how RNG imagine it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 14, 2010, 06:18:36 pm »

Had I made a third rune I would get a triangle instead.
Thanks! You've inspired me to try drawing a rune of pain around the group, so as to harm anything attacking us.
You know, if that fails, it could end up causing pain to the people inside the rune instead of outside.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 14, 2010, 06:20:46 pm »

You know, if that fails, it could end up causing pain to the people inside the rune instead of outside.
It wouldn't be our first friendly fire incident, nor would it be my first justified excuse to eat a teammate's soul.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 14, 2010, 06:51:13 pm »

Well yeah, but most spells have a chance to backfire completely when they fail. At least with this one we can probably move out of the way, assuming they don't box us in first.

It wouldn't be our first friendly fire incident, nor would it be my first justified excuse to eat a teammate's soul.
You're scaring me, but in a way that makes me respect and admire you more instead of fearing you. I don't know quite how that works either.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 14, 2010, 08:01:02 pm »

if you guys start friendly firing, I'm drink my defensive potion and bloody leave ya all.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 14, 2010, 09:57:38 pm »

if you guys start friendly firing, I'm drink my defensive potion and bloody leave ya all.
Start friendly firing? Dermonster died as soon as he left Almar's Keep due to a friendly mishap, by someone who would later die by repeatedly AoEing the party, Sirdiesalot was torn asunder by The Abomination Formerly Known As Dragnar, and I'm not even going to get into Nirur's culinary preferences.

If you want to hang around people who aren't a danger to themselves and others, you've been in the wrong place a looooooong time.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 15, 2010, 01:02:18 pm »

Sirdiesalot was torn asunder by The Abomination Formerly Known As Dragnar
Hey, how was I supposed to know that tampering with forces beyond my comprehension could backfire horribly!? If I knew that they wouldn't be beyond my comprehension!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 15, 2010, 03:31:43 pm »

Dermonster died as soon as he left Almar's Keep due to a friendly mishap,

CHEEEEDAAAAARIIIIUUUUUS!!!

I LIKED THAT CHARACTER!

Oh well now i got demons and axes so everythings cool.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 15, 2010, 03:33:50 pm »

Hey who's been alive since the beggining, I know there's me and Nirur I think.
Nom nom nom

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 15, 2010, 04:35:01 pm »

*Raises a hand*

I've been alive since the beginning too. Heck, I was the one who wrecked a part of the fortress wall too.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 15, 2010, 04:40:52 pm »

actually it seems 4 of us are alive, me you nirur and virroken.... guess it's only the new people that seem to die, ha.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 120