Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230462 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Bloodshed [Turn 74]
« Reply #1590 on: December 11, 2010, 07:11:17 pm »

While not a skill I do think I've been the luckiest when it comes to rolls. Like that one time when RNG decided to see how long my string of good rolls would last and it ended up with several 5's, 2 sixes and an ending roll on 4. This gave me +10 to hammer skill and Shockwave and an awesome acronym hidden in the text.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: December 11, 2010, 08:20:24 pm »

Spoiler: Skill Table (click to show/hide)

Well, that was more work than I anticipated. On the bright side, I now know how tables work.

Anyway, I figured others might be curious about the full table, and once I had started there was no going back, so enjoy. Sorry about the peculiar color coding. Red is of course best, Purple is second best, Green is third best. Asterisk means tied.

Interestingly (for me), there's no one tied with more than one person in anything.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: December 11, 2010, 08:27:56 pm »

That table makes me sad. Irony and I are so weak.

Oh well, I guess it's nothing to be upset about. After all, everyone else got a 57 or so turn head start.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: What demon lord sends babies to fight me?! [Turn 75]
« Reply #1593 on: December 11, 2010, 08:36:55 pm »

I focus on countering the skeletal demon's spells.
Two of my skeletons each try to engage a single enemy in 1vs1 duels.
The third guards Davar.

You focus in on the skeletal demon, trying to counter his magic with your own. (4) You should be able to nullify any spell he casts, (Luck 6) and might even manage to learn a bit, assuming you are able to out-cast him of course.

Two of your skeletons advance on the demon soldiers. (2)(5) One of them gets outmaneuvered, but the other unleashes a fairly powerful attack. (RTD 3)(RTD 2) The first demon soldier fails to take advantage of his opponent's poor positioning, while the other takes damage from the other skeleton's attack.

Hellfire the Skeletal demon.

You build up a blast of hellfire (6) channeling all of your rage and fury into the attack. (Luck 5) A massive pillar of fire erupts, centered on the skeletal demon but also catching several of his guards in the blaze. (Resist 3) The demon is significantly wounded by the attack.

Raise Crystal Staff over my head and shout: Blue Crystal Power: Activate! (or in other words, change the color to blue.)
Stone Spirit heals Tarran or Aarchan.

Noted that my hammer is still equipped and not my crystal staff.

You focus on your crystal, trying to get it to change colors. (2) You shift the crystal to a light turquoise color instead. (Luck 1) You suddenly feel very sluggish.

Your earth spirit heals Tarran (3) for a small amount of health.

Help Ironyowl(Davar), attack the morningstar demon.
You try to help Davar out by tripping his foe. (2) You don't get much power behind your attempt (RTD 6) and with speed that defies it's large size, the demon flips you to the ground instead.

Grab the quasit by the neck, quickly pull out my blessed iron dagger, and stab it into the quasit, leaving it embedded if I hit it.  Then quickly try and grab Di'ako and guard myself.
You grab your dagger (4) and reach for the quasit (RTD 1) who, distracted by something, is unable to evade your grasp. Your hand closes around it's neck, and you feel a stinging as it's poison spines sink into your skin. (Resist 3) You feel a slight burning, but not deterred you stab it with your dagger. (5) Your blade plunges deep into the helpless beast's heart and slays it instantly.

+3 to Daggers

Well if Tarran and a skeleton are going to guard me, I'll just Darkness a nonwounded Hunter instead.

You build up a sphere of darkness (4+2) and prepare to unleash it on the hunter (Luck 1) You end up releasing it on yourself, though the sphere is big enough that you actually think you managed to catch the hunter in it anyway, as well as the morningstar demon and Tarran.

+3 to Metamagic

Did some math. Frozen burst is more beneficial than chill right now (probable), assuming I don't botch the spell and teamkill everyone (also probable). In any case, getting that summoner down is more important than helping everyone else's combat rolls.

Frozen burst on the skeletal demon and his guards.

You charge up a blast of frozen energy (4+2) and hurl it at the demon mage. (Luck 2) The sphere bursts about halfway there, sending shards of ice flying everywhere prematurely. (RTD 3)(RTD 1)(RTD 5)(RTD 6)(RTD 6)(RTD 5)(RTD 4) Most of the shards vaporize before contact, and the few that don't aren't powerful enough to cause much damage, but one of the demon soldiers is caught by a rather large spike and is slain.

Two of the demon soldiers continue fighting the skeletons. (2)(6) One feints a lot, or perhaps it just tripped, while the other strikes at his opponent. (RTD 4)(RTD 6) One skeleton easily dodges, while the other just manages to throw itself out of the way.

One of the demon hunters pounces on Marcus, (1+4) but slams into him instead of striking with it's claws. (RTD 1) Nonetheless, the comatose Marcus fails to dodge, and is wounded.

The skeletal demon hurridly attempts to cast a spell. (4+1) It makes some fast motions with it's arms, (Luck 6) and creates a small portal next to it. (3+1) Nirur tries to counter it's spell, (Resist 5) but the demon overcomes his attempts and finished making the portal large enough to step through. He then does just that, and flees back to hell.

+2 to Elementalism

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 01:36:13 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: December 11, 2010, 08:40:06 pm »

Sublimation. Sublimations everywhere. Where everywhere equals demons.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1595 on: December 11, 2010, 08:44:21 pm »

Wow, does turquoise suck or what?

Carve a rune of channeling on the floor and see if I can channel this slowness to those demons.
See if Earth Spirit can fire off a Stone or Spire incase any demon aims for the sluggish one.

Edited my action a bit.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 06:08:50 pm by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: December 11, 2010, 08:46:59 pm »

RNG, broken Acronym tag in my status.

Get up and walk in the opposite direction I last saw the morningstar demon at until I get out of the darkness sphere.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: December 11, 2010, 08:55:46 pm »

Retrieve Di'ako, then apply myou's grace to my wounds, using my superior knowledge of alchemy to create a simplified healing/anti-poison.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: December 11, 2010, 09:07:24 pm »

Eh, we didn't need his XP anyway.

I cast Regeneration on Marcus.
Two skeletons continue their duels.
The third skeleton guards Aarchan.
The third skeleton engages an unharmed hunter.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 10:50:49 am by Nirur Torir »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: December 11, 2010, 09:09:31 pm »

send all three to marcus, I'll be fine, he won't, or send the third into combat.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: December 11, 2010, 09:12:39 pm »

I don't think you added my metamagic exp.

Turquoise sounds awesome if we could apply it to enemies. Of course, it might not be nearly as potent then.

Anyway, this is going better than expected. Attempt to levitate myself above the battle. Exit sphere if that fails but I still have time to act.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: December 12, 2010, 01:26:32 am »

Can we see/target people who are darkness'd?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: December 12, 2010, 02:30:57 am »

Can we see/target people who are darkness'd?
Nope.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 12, 2010, 02:53:56 am »

I hate to ask more questions, but I thought of some.

Could you go into more detail on how necromancy and souls work? What qualities of a creature are influenced or determined by qualities of the creature's soul? Would there be any Necromancy analogues to, say, using Vitamancy to grow additional arms or increase regeneration?

Alchemy. Obviously the ingredients affect the outcome, but what determines the effects of the ingredients? Is there any way to predict or direct certain outcomes, such as using a sharp-thorned plant to make a weapon-sharpening brew, or sweet plants tending to make healing effects? Does the effects of certain ingredients in certain potions imply anything about the ingredients, or just the combination?
   For instance, does the fact that Acid is produced from Sharproot and Salt imply that a third acid-aligned ingredient could be used in place of the other two, or that either could be used for other acid-related things, or that an ingredient (or several ingredients) from, say, Firedraught could be combined with them to make acid-fire stuff, or is it not that simple?

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: December 12, 2010, 02:54:32 am »

Cast chill before everyone acts.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 120