Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230482 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Bloodshed [Turn 74]
« Reply #1575 on: November 30, 2010, 08:55:55 pm »

Oh. I never seem to have equipped my pendant.

Equip pendant while doing other things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: November 30, 2010, 09:30:38 pm »

If I cast chill, does the effect apply before or after everyone attacks?

Chill if it applies before our attacks.
More frozen burst if chill isn't retroactive to people who posted before me.

Chill applies to every action after you cast it. If you go first, then it will apply to everyone's attacks. Unless someone objects to you going first, you can just do that.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: November 30, 2010, 10:29:31 pm »

Did some math. Frozen burst is more beneficial than chill right now (probable), assuming I don't botch the spell and teamkill everyone (also probable). In any case, getting that summoner down is more important than helping everyone else's combat rolls.

Frozen burst on the skeletal demon and his guards.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: November 30, 2010, 11:07:52 pm »

Dunno, I was pretty underwhelmed by the imp quasit. I guess we could get overwhelmed if we're not careful, or the poison could be nasty.

AoE pounding them sounds like a nice plan, however.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 01, 2010, 05:07:21 pm »

you were underwhelmed by a creature that could one hit any of us except me,  Or the armored people?
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 01, 2010, 07:43:14 pm »

Eh? His poison isn't that bad, is it?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 01, 2010, 08:42:06 pm »

well according to the wiki, it's basically death, and after my healing I was moderately wounded, I mean with poison and no healing, I'd probably have been critical.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 01, 2010, 11:02:48 pm »

Eh? In D&D, it's just Dex damage, meaning it harms your ability to move around and dodge.

Also, I'm not sure your healing actually kicked in (to heal), though if it did I guess the claws did a bit more damage than I expected. Avoiding the poison was nice, but I don't think it would have been instantly fatal.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 02, 2010, 01:46:20 am »

Point is, we don't know what the poison does since he overshot for resistance. We do know the claws deal moderate damage in one strike, which is more than enough reason to not want more of them around.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 10, 2010, 02:49:53 am »

*poke*

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 10, 2010, 02:59:29 am »

Patience. Finals week and all that.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 10, 2010, 11:18:55 pm »

I finished on Thursday. Am getting wasted tonight. Good luck, RNG.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 11, 2010, 05:56:22 pm »

So, in my eternal obsession interest with the party's makeup, I decided to arrange all the characters' skills by virtue of whether they were best, or second or third best out of the group, just looking at the current skill level. While this wasn't especially useful for anything, it did reveal some interesting things, most of which I hadn't noticed earlier.

So yeah. I found that interesting, dunno what you guys consider noteworthy.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 11, 2010, 06:55:04 pm »

Um, I (Dunib) Am the best Demonologist (Fel-Magic) in the group, I think. The only other one is novice.

Edit: Oh wait I think I misread that. You said that we have no skills that we're NOT the best at.

Stupid me.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 07:02:54 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 11, 2010, 06:59:03 pm »

hahah YES! I'm the best at all the mostly useless skills!  Though to be honest, with dagger's I've killed 4 npc's, throwing 3, alchemy 2 (but created a ton of useful effects), holy (none, but assisted in a number of deaths)  and I've got to train my medic skill.....  quick someone get hurt!
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 120