Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230738 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Surmounting the Unsurmountable [Turn 67]
« Reply #1410 on: November 02, 2010, 02:47:48 pm »

Walk backward very fast.
MORE RUST. I want to see that thing in shambles.
Huh wonder what sort of properties demon rust would have in a potion.

It's not rust so much as an entropic spell targeting metal objects. Think of Degeneration for armor and weapons instead of people.
Hum so what would be leftover if he died from that spell, nothing? Or some type of residue?

Maybe a pile of completely rusted scrap?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 02, 2010, 02:50:20 pm »

INDESTRUCTIBLE rusted scrap.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 02, 2010, 02:51:43 pm »

hum so I could make a undrinkable potion from it then?
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: November 02, 2010, 03:14:16 pm »

Undrinkable Potion of Invulnerability. I LOVE it!

Also anyone else intend to butcher the hell out of Moloch and try to use his parts for stuff? Crystals too, this place better not start collapsing on us when he dies. :'(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: November 02, 2010, 03:33:36 pm »

I'm going to back away from Moloch lest I get my metal stuff rusted by dermonster's spell overshooting again.

Fall back while trying to keep Moloch's attention on me.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:35:30 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 02, 2010, 06:59:51 pm »

Walk backward very fast.
MORE RUST. I want to see that thing in shambles.
Huh wonder what sort of properties demon rust would have in a potion.

It's not rust so much as an entropic spell targeting metal objects. Think of Degeneration for armor and weapons instead of people.

Hum so what would be leftover if he died from that spell, nothing? Or some type of residue?

If the spell completely corrodes his armor, you will have a naked Moloch. That may take a while though.

Also anyone else intend to butcher the hell out of Moloch and try to use his parts for stuff? Crystals too, this place better not start collapsing on us when he dies. :'(

Unless Kin's magic goes wayyyyyy out of control, no, the cavern will not be collapsing. Yes, that does mean you can take some of his armor to make your own, but keep in mind that this stuff is heavy; expect the same RTD and accuracy penalties for using it as Moloch gets, or maybe even on a larger scale since Moloch is obviously a brute and ridiculously strong.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: November 02, 2010, 07:17:11 pm »

I meant more like, his bones.

But yeah, Moloch plate would probably be too heavy to justify the incredible protection it seems to offer, at least for me.

How would we reforge it? We would apparently need the fires of military grade lasers to start to peel it away! I don't think regular smithy fire could melt this thing.

Or we use magical fire.
I've actually had this plan for a while, but I suppose it's relevant here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Forging + Fire Magic + Metamagic = Magic Forge. I hope.

Anyway the point is I'll need someone to cure my third degree burns at some point.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 02, 2010, 07:21:50 pm »

Or since we can't even seem to scratch it at all, we could skip the plate and take a very thin layer, like about half an inch thick or so, never was good with measurements, to cover ourselves, effectively granting us invulnerability and slower but still respectable action speed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 02, 2010, 07:24:50 pm »

Half an inch of regular metal is heavy as hell with any real length and height to it. Half an inch of Moloch plate would probably be too heavy to use in combat, unless it was firmly anchored to you or fairly small.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: November 02, 2010, 07:25:11 pm »

wonder how hard it would be to reshape him, anyways offering such a large kill as a sacrifice in a prayer, sound get me something nice on a good roll :D  Course it's up to rng, he could even have gold come pouring out of it's stomuch or something.
Nom nom nom

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 02, 2010, 07:27:57 pm »

Okay how about a quarter of a centimeter?

I DON'T KNOW LENGTH.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 02, 2010, 07:40:33 pm »

Depends, sacrificing a demon lord's corpse might be really good or really bad. If you struck the killing blow in Mandatum's name that'd probably go over real well, but you're bleeding an awful lot for that one right now. :P

I guess I'd need a tape measure for that, but a sixteenth of an inch would probably be nice and solid but pretty thin. That might work for armor (or shields, or elaborate mobile fortresses, or whatever), but it'd probably still be pretty damn heavy. I also wouldn't assume it's protection is independent of thickness; if nothing else, you could get bludgeoned to death right through it if it's too thin to absorb anything.

But whatever, it's obvious that someone needs to try to make something out of it. I just hope I have time to get Novice Fire Magic before I'm expected to do anything.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 02, 2010, 07:42:43 pm »

Actually I'm fully healed, when I ate my slime a few dozen turns ago it greatly sped up my natural healing.
Nom nom nom

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 02, 2010, 07:42:56 pm »

Someone could probably make one hell of a mace outta the stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 120