Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230793 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: The Bad, the Ugly, and the Good. [Turn 66]
« Reply #1395 on: October 30, 2010, 04:46:34 pm »

HAHAHA, excellent!

Will the pillar continue to function without my attention and commands?

Yep, it will work until it is either destroyed or changes color again.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1396 on: October 30, 2010, 05:56:28 pm »

I don't know if doing a Grave Embrace would be enough but I could try. Only I will do it my way.

I de-equip the shard and change it to the Gnarled Staff. I then start summoning (conjure/build/wave forth) several Spires and Stones. The Spires will shoot off (like rocket powered missiles) towards Moloch, aiming mostly for the hole in the armor, and the Stones will be hurled towards Molochs eyes in an attempt to blind him (which I really doubt will succeed, with his head being 50+ feet up in the air).

Stone Spirit tries to drag Aarchan to a safer place, or if not possible, heal him.

If my action seem a bit too much, then cut out the Stone part and keep the Spire part.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 30, 2010, 06:08:02 pm »

Cackle maniacally, then run to another pillar and attempt to shift it to sickly green on Moloch as well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 30, 2010, 10:05:28 pm »

I'll cast a Hasten spell on Tarran, hopefully before he reaches Moloch. I'll empower it with 10% of my total HP, and try to modifiy it to be powerful enough to give him a second attack.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 01, 2010, 04:00:17 pm »

Need Acanthus.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 02, 2010, 03:21:26 am »

Attempt to create a force shield to impede Moloch
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Surmounting the Unsurmountable [Turn 67]
« Reply #1401 on: November 02, 2010, 10:57:46 am »

Attempt to enhance the Fel flame burning Moloch to degrade his armor.
In frustration you try to enhance your spell, (6+1) pouring massive amounts of power into the spell. (Luck 6) The flames surrounding Moloch flare with a deep crimson light, (Resist 3) as they start eating away at Moloch's armor. Unfortunately, the spell is so powerful that simply being close to Moloch causes your own armor starts rusting away as well.

+4 to Demonology
New Spell: Rust

Sit tight and attempt to heal through power of will.
You remain in place and will yourself to not die as much. (3) You feel yourself calm down, (Luck 3) and you slowly start healing a little bit on your own. Suddenly you realize what that troll blood potion you made earlier might have actually done.

I'll cast a Hasten spell on Tarran, hopefully before he reaches Moloch. I'll empower it with 10% of my total HP, and try to modifiy it to be powerful enough to give him a second attack.

You channel some of your life-force into a hasten spell, (5+2) using more health than you originally intended but greatly enhancing the effects of the magic. (Luck 6) The spell imbues Tarran with a outright unnatural speed boost, but it is one that will probably wear off quicker than a normal hasten spell.

+4 to Vitamancy
New Spell: Quicken

Put my sword away, and grab Aarchan's dagger. Then attack Moloch.
You drop your sword and take Aarchan's dagger. (3) You then rush at Moloch, but Nirur's speed boost catches you off-guard and you can't quite compensate for your sudden speed increase. (RTD 3-4) It doesn't matter though, as you easily cut through Moloch's armor with the dagger. (6) Getting used to the speed, you strike again, (RTD 1-4) completely catching Moloch off-guard and tearing a large hole in his plate.

+4 to Daggers

Stasis on bits of Moloch that aren't burning. Also, slap dermonster across the face as a minor action.

Should I use more healing salve? Hm.
You work on slowing Moloch down with another stasis spell, (1+2) but all of Moloch is wreathed in Dunib's unholy fire. (Luck 3) Your spell doesn't manage to overcome the flames.

I de-equip the shard and change it to the Gnarled Staff. I then start summoning (conjure/build/wave forth) several Spires and Stones. The Spires will shoot off (like rocket powered missiles) towards Moloch, aiming mostly for the hole in the armor, and the Stones will be hurled towards Molochs eyes in an attempt to blind him (which I really doubt will succeed, with his head being 50+ feet up in the air).

Stone Spirit tries to drag Aarchan to a safer place, or if not possible, heal him.

If my action seem a bit too much, then cut out the Stone part and keep the Spire part.

You drop the annoying shard out of your hand and grab your staff, (5+2) channeling power through it and into the obsidian floor below. (RTD 3-4) Seeming very preoccupied, Moloch falls victim to your attack, though his armor is still quite thick and you barely pierce his defenses.

+2 to Elementalism

Cackle maniacally, then run to another pillar and attempt to shift it to sickly green on Moloch as well.

You rush over to the next pillar and attempt to shift that one's focus as well. (1+2) You shift the color to an odd lime green, (Luck 1) but then err in your manipulation and accidentally absorb the energy inside of the pillar. This can't be good.

Attempt to create a force shield to impede Moloch

You aim to stop Moloch from reaching the magical pillar, (1+1) placing a thin sheet of force between him and his goal. (Luck 5) The sheet does manifest into a barrier, albeit a rather thin one that might not be worthy of being called a wall.

+2 to Metamagic

Moloch antagonizes over who to attack before deciding on Tarran, who is doing the most damage. (4-2) He swings one of his massive fists at him (RTD 4-1) but Tarran is able to throw himself to the side and roll away from the attack, getting sprayed by shards of obsidian that break away from the floor.

Moloch's regeneration has slowed to a crawl. 
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 02, 2010, 11:11:07 am »

I heal myself. My skeleton guards me. Nothing could possibly go wrong with healing myself.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1403 on: November 02, 2010, 12:35:38 pm »

Start concentrating for my next Earthen Jaws.
Stone Spirit heals Tarran.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 02, 2010, 01:58:35 pm »

Well this was more than inevitable. Degenerating myself, not actually beating Moloch. Though he really could have used some summons. :P

Attempt to focus the degeneration off me and onto Moloch.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 02, 2010, 02:11:31 pm »

Remove safeguard and back far away from the fight then attempt to fix the magical conversion device.
Guy's I'm back and I think I have a way to keep him dead once we finish this fight, just give me a second.
Nom nom nom

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 02, 2010, 02:25:19 pm »

Walk backward very fast.
MORE RUST. I want to see that thing in shambles.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 02, 2010, 02:26:11 pm »

Walk backward very fast.
Huh wonder what sort of properties demon rust would have in a potion.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 02, 2010, 02:29:25 pm »

Well this was more than inevitable. Degenerating myself, not actually beating Moloch. Though he really could have used some summons. :P

Don't worry, Tollerib and Hastur will have more than enough ways to screw everyone over. Moloch was more of a checkpoint to ensure you guys had the power needed to progress further, and thus not end up TPKing against the other demon lords. Even still, Moloch was doing quite a number on everyone up until this turn.

Walk backward very fast.

It's not rust so much as an entropic spell targeting metal objects. Think of Degeneration for armor and weapons instead of people.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 02, 2010, 02:40:35 pm »

Walk backward very fast.

It's not rust so much as an entropic spell targeting metal objects. Think of Degeneration for armor and weapons instead of people.
Hum so what would be leftover if he died from that spell, nothing? Or some type of residue?
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 120