Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230790 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Umm... Guys? [Turn 42]
« Reply #885 on: August 08, 2010, 01:52:42 pm »

Double-up holy word with ched's remove curse, while praying to the god of justice using the amulet.
Have the gelatin atch onto the zombie and devour the magic sustaining it.
Nom nom nom

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 08, 2010, 03:02:15 pm »

I just thought of something better to do with it... though if I get a bad luck roll it's just as likely to create a boss monster of some sort.
I just had to be right didn't I? Though I must say, I wasn't expecting to BE the boss monster.

Probably not possible, but it's a more interesting way to go if it works: Try to separate myself from the abomination, moving my soul into the book.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 08, 2010, 03:03:04 pm »

Freeze evildragnar to the ground, letting my teammates uncurse him.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 08, 2010, 03:05:49 pm »

Freeze evildragnar to the ground, letting my teammates uncurse him.
Probably won't work. Uncursing didn't effect the book, and I'm not whatever was inside it. Though I believe everything that was needed for the ritual that WOULD uncurse it was found a few turns back(uncurse spell, bless spell, and some flower).
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 08, 2010, 03:30:07 pm »

oh... this is bad then. Is he still in the cage?
Yeah, though it probably won't have any difficulty breaking out of there.

I just thought of something better to do with it... though if I get a bad luck roll it's just as likely to create a boss monster of some sort.
I just had to be right didn't I? Though I must say, I wasn't expecting to BE the boss monster.

Probably not possible, but it's a more interesting way to go if it works: Try to separate myself from the abomination, moving my soul into the book.

Naw, your soul has already fused with the others that were trapped in the book. It's a little too late for that. Sorry man, I did really like your character since your skills could have had some awesome synergy, but that was a stupid thing to do in the first place and then you got bad rolls while doing it...

On the bright side, you're finally really good in combat! Maybe even stronger than the archmage you were about to find.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 08, 2010, 03:32:10 pm »

awwww why'd you have to say that,  is there any possiblility of running?
Nom nom nom

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 08, 2010, 04:29:19 pm »

Naw, your soul has already fused with the others that were trapped in the book. It's a little too late for that. Sorry man, I did really like your character since your skills could have had some awesome synergy, but that was a stupid thing to do in the first place and then you got bad rolls while doing it...

On the bright side, you're finally really good in combat! Maybe even stronger than the archmage you were about to find.
Eh, oh well. Was worth a shot anyway. Fun game nonetheless.

I knew I should have created a binding rune of some sort before I tried that. Messing with demons without a protective rune circle is never a good idea.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 08, 2010, 04:33:04 pm »

awwww why'd you have to say that,  is there any possiblility of running?

Unless you're physically trapped, running is always a possibility.

Eh, oh well. Was worth a shot anyway. Fun game nonetheless.

I knew I should have created a binding rune of some sort before I tried that. Messing with demons without a protective rune circle is never a good idea.

Yeah, runes definitely would have helped, though you still had pretty much straight 1's so it might not have really changed the outcome that much..

Huh. Straight 1's. Maybe this is revenge for KineseN's spree.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 08, 2010, 04:45:49 pm »

Kilakan, how would you feel about me using torrent to douse dragnar in as much holy water as possible?
NOT THE BEES!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #894 on: August 08, 2010, 04:54:21 pm »

At first I was like:
Quote from: Kin
You kill the metal golem with a skill you learned some turns ago.
??? Why the title? I did great right? :(

And then:
Quote from: Dragnar
You are the demons.
??? Holy...! :o

And then there was the:
Quote from: RNG
KineseN took all the luck from the group, this is the consequence. Deal with it.
  :-[ :P

My action at a later time, too late for me to do something coherent.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 08, 2010, 05:07:26 pm »

I cast weakness on not-Dragnar, while my skeleton attacks.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 08, 2010, 05:33:25 pm »

Kilakan, how would you feel about me using torrent to douse dragnar in as much holy water as possible?
sure take 5 vials, I want two for something I'm planning later with the last me's dagger.
Nom nom nom

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 08, 2010, 05:44:50 pm »

Alrighty then.

Using 5 of the vials of holy water that Aarchan has, I'll cast torrent against doom-dragnar.
NOT THE BEES!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 08, 2010, 08:45:29 pm »

FORCE BOLT THE SKELETON!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #899 on: August 09, 2010, 04:14:12 am »

Encase each of the twelve eyestalks with rock, making doom-Dragnar (good name there, rolls of the tongue really nicely) "blind". Stone Spirit heals me.

I say we run, but that's me.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 120