Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230805 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: More Failure [Turn 41]
« Reply #870 on: August 05, 2010, 01:09:28 pm »

Cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Kin.
Order my golem to pin down Golem 1, but, you know, not because he's black or anything.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 05, 2010, 01:30:55 pm »

...well, at least the golems can't hurt me.

I cast soul bind on the evil book of evil, binding it's evil soul(of evil probably) to the cage I'm in. Now, this should work well as long as a bad luck roll doesn't make it not obey me...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 05, 2010, 04:23:37 pm »

Collect some fist sized stones, and begin throwing them at Golem 1 from a safe distance.
Have The gelatin attempt to  use it's holy base compontent mixed with natural dissolving abilities to eat golem 1's leg off.
Nom nom nom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 05, 2010, 05:33:43 pm »

I cast soul bind on the evil book of evil, binding it's evil soul(of evil probably) to the cage I'm in. Now, this should work well as long as a bad luck roll doesn't make it not obey me...
You know, I think if you fail enough, you could bind your soul to the cage or the book, I hope you know what you are doing.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 05, 2010, 05:54:33 pm »

Or just the failure he mentioned, wherein an evil, corrupting soul now controls the cage he's trapped within.

Guess it depends on how unlucky he gets.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 05, 2010, 05:59:22 pm »

You know, I think if you fail enough, you could bind your soul to the cage or the book, I hope you know what you are doing.
I have no idea what I'm doing. :P But no matter what happens the results will be interesting Fun for somebody.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 05, 2010, 11:00:36 pm »

Force Bolt the injured Golem.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 06, 2010, 11:31:39 am »

you still sure you don't want me to just soak the book in holy water?
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 06, 2010, 05:10:36 pm »

Stand up and attack Golem 1 with my voulge.

Double edit in less than a minute...

Rune of Warding fails quite frequently.

I attempt to separate the first golem from its spirit energy. My skeletons continue as they are.

Yay, more fails. At least I got a wall out of it.

Stone Spirit heals me. I, with renewed vigor will slam my warhammer on to the Black Golem 2 producing a Shockwave, hopefully shattering it from within.

Order my golem to pin down Golem 1, but, you know, not because he's black or anything.

Collect some fist sized stones, and begin throwing them at Golem 1 from a safe distance.
Have The gelatin attempt to  use it's holy base compontent mixed with natural dissolving abilities to eat golem 1's leg off.

Need Virroken.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 07, 2010, 01:31:01 am »

Woops! Sorreh.

Frost on unfrosted golem

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Umm... Guys? [Turn 42]
« Reply #880 on: August 08, 2010, 01:23:30 pm »

Stand up and attack Golem 1 with my voulge.

You stand up and charge at the first golem, (1+2) swinging your voulge wildly, (RTD 4) but the golem moves out of the way and avoids your attack.

Rune of Warding fails quite frequently.

I attempt to separate the first golem from its spirit energy. My skeletons continue as they are.
You try to remove the golem's power source (4+3) and locate the spirit powering the golem. You try to pull it out (Luck 3) but the runes engraved into the golem seem to be imprisoning it somehow. (Resist 5) The golem ends up shaking off your attack.

+1 to Necromancy

Yay, more fails. At least I got a wall out of it.

Stone Spirit heals me. I, with renewed vigor will slam my warhammer on to the Black Golem 2 producing a Shockwave, hopefully shattering it from within.

You have your spirit heal you (3+1) and it complies. (Luck 4) Your wounds are partially healed.

You then grab your hammer and charge at the golem, (6+2) delivering a powerful blow to it. (RTD 1) The golem remains rooted in place, and your hammer connects with the dark metal with a thundering *ClUd*, which sends shockwaves through the creature and into the ground. (Resist 1) The shockwaves reverberate through the metal and and tear the creature to shreds within a couple seconds. (Resist 2) The shockwaves are also powerful enough to knock you off balance, and you fall over.

+4 to Hammers

You go to heal Kin (2+1) but you are distracted by the flying pieces of shrapnel from the second golem that just blew up, and mess up your spell. (Luck 6) You manage to let the energy you stored up dissipate instead of blasting Kin with it, at least.

You lay your right hand on the book and the left on the stone cage, and attempt to transfer the soul of the book into the cage. (4+2) You contact a dark sentience within the pages, a creature that you sense is no ordinary soul, but rather... thousands of other souls that were spliced into a single entity, then fused into the book, an agonizing painful process that drove those souls mad. (Luck 1) This shocking revelation causes you to let down your defenses, and suddenly the sentience escapes the pages and flees into your body. (Luck 1) The mass of maddened souls overwhelms you, and possesses your body. You try to fight back, thinking "I must kill the demons!" when you realize with horror that now you are the demons.

Damn. Your guy was my favorite, too.

You pick up several rocks and throw them at the golem. (3+1) the rocks fly towards the creature, (RTD 5-1) and thud into it's metal body. Unfortunately they don't seem to have much effect, though you think you might have dented it... maybe.

+1 to Throwing

You throw a force bolt at the golem, (6+2) which travels with lightning speed. (RTD 6-1) The golem tries to dodge, but hampered by frost(and a slime eating it's legs) it can't get out of the way. The bolt impacts and deals heavy damage to the creature.

+2 to Metamagic

Woops! Sorreh.

Frost on unfrosted golem
You build up a wave of frost, (6+3) but noticing the golem is already riped to shreds, send it at the other one instead. (Luck 3) but it seems to be rather weak. That's probably a good thing, since you would have hit more friends than foes if it really worked.

+1 to Elementalism

Nirur's skeleton remains locked in a metal war with the remaining golem. (1+1) the skeleton attacks the golem, (1+1) who counters in turn. The backlash ends up destroying both creatures.

Dragnar's body undergoes a horrifying change. He screams in agony as blood red scales pierce his flesh, horns grow from his head and leathery wings sprout from his back. His hands turn into claws, and dark blades grow from his arms. His body twists and deforms, and his head balloons momentarily before shrinking again as several eyestalks emerge from his head. Several extra orifices grow, and this creature's eyes - all 12 of them - look upon the group with bloodlust while both his mouths hang gaping open. As the changes finally seem to slow down and stop, you realize this creature is more than a demon; it is an abomination.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:36:15 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 08, 2010, 01:37:04 pm »

hey quick question, why is there a zombie and carraige under 'enemies'
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 08, 2010, 01:37:47 pm »

hey quick question, why is there a zombie and carraige under 'enemies'
They are Dragnar's slaves, and Dragnar turned into a demon.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 08, 2010, 01:40:22 pm »

oh... this is bad then. Is he still in the cage?
Nom nom nom

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 08, 2010, 01:42:51 pm »

Cast an improved version of Remove Curse on Dragnar.
Order my golem to act as a bodyguard for the others.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 120