Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230765 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Umm... [Turn 40]
« Reply #855 on: August 03, 2010, 02:33:40 pm »

Stunned eh? Not a problem for me. Stand back everyone, I'm going kamikaze!

See if the Stone Spirit can do an improvised earth/stone wall between me and the Black Golem 2.
Aim a Compression Bomb towards the Black Golem 1 with Black Golem 2 as the bomb component.

Oh yeah! This is gonna be the greatest epic fail/win ever!

:o

I never thought of something like that. Depending on the rolls, it will either trivialize the encounter or blow everyone up. One question though; How do you plan to use the golem as a bomb if there is a wall between you and it? Other than that... wow.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 03, 2010, 03:30:09 pm »

well I really hope my shield of faith protects ATLEAST me from the blast.....
Nom nom nom

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #857 on: August 03, 2010, 03:47:31 pm »

Well, I was thinking of the Compression Bomb as something that pretty much gets automatized as soon as it has begun, so that as soon as I've gotten the BG2 to start compressing I just hides behind the wall the Stone Spirit makes and I will hopefully still be standing after the Golem Bomb gone off.

Of course, if the spell require line of sight at all times that would be another story altogether. So let this slide for the sheer epicness?  :P

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 03, 2010, 04:03:14 pm »

Screw it, I'll fight without armour like a badass.

Infuse my axe with water magic and attack golem 1.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 04:55:46 pm by sir diesalot »
NOT THE BEES!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 03, 2010, 04:14:56 pm »

Well, I was thinking of the Compression Bomb as something that pretty much gets automatized as soon as it has begun, so that as soon as I've gotten the BG2 to start compressing I just hides behind the wall the Stone Spirit makes and I will hopefully still be standing after the Golem Bomb gone off.

Of course, if the spell require line of sight at all times that would be another story altogether. So let this slide for the sheer epicness?  :P
Actually, you need to touch the object to compress it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 03, 2010, 05:04:04 pm »

DO IT ANYWAYS!
Nom nom nom

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 03, 2010, 10:18:29 pm »

DO IT ANYWAYS!
Agree.

Do I need to renew frost to keep their RTD down? Does frost stack?

Large rune of warding on the ground. Since the golems are slow, I should be able to run around them, especially if they're distracted.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 03, 2010, 10:24:48 pm »

Attack the slightly damaged Golem!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 03, 2010, 11:11:26 pm »

DO IT ANYWAYS!
Agree.

Large rune of warding on the ground. Since the golems are slow, I should be able to run around them, especially if they're distracted.
Frost does not stack, and it has a % chance of wearing off each turn.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 04, 2010, 03:40:18 am »

Ok, then change my turn.

Aim a Compression Bomb towards the Black Golem 1 in a cone with Black Golem 2 as the bomb component. See if the Stone Spirit can do an improvised earth/stone wall behind me.

Alright, I can touch the BG2 and have the wall behind me this time. I didn't want to specifically do a cone form Compression Bomb because that is less cool but whatever. The wall is there to protect others from stray sharpnel if I fail to do a proper aim. :P

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 04, 2010, 08:07:19 am »

In which case, I'll also change my turn, because I don't want to get hit by the compression bomb if it goes wrong.

I cast Mist on the wall, hoping that if the golems do attack, they'll do something stupid like trip over the wall.
NOT THE BEES!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: More Failure [Turn 41]
« Reply #866 on: August 05, 2010, 10:12:55 am »

I cast Joint Enmity on a hostile golem, shifting my part of it onto the normal skeleton, hopefully ending with a link between a skeleton and a golem.
The skeletons attack the same golem.

You try to create a soullink between a golem and one of your skeletons. (1+3) You find that even though the golems aren't really alive, they are animated using some sort of spirit energy. (Luck 3) The link isn't as effective as it would be between two true souls, but it does establish itself.

+2 to Necromancy

How did we just fail that much?
Bah.
Cast remove curse on Dragnar.
Have my golem wrestle the other golem some more.

You try to lend a helping hand (2+3) and cast Remove Curse on Dragnar. (Luck 2) It doesn't seem to have any effect however, probably because he isn't cursed.

+1 to Healing

Cast shield of faith around the group of caster/thrower players and myself (aka non-melee fighting ones)
Having the gelatin continue the attack using the distractions of the other minions to latch onto golem ones leg, then eat it.

You pray for divine assistance (2) but the gods don't seem to be paying much attention at the moment. (Luck 3) In fact, they seem to be ignoring you entirely.... but that is probably better than having them trying to smite you or something.

Cast remove curse on Dragnar.
I'm not cursed. Just trapped in a box... I'll be needing a new plan for this book.

I kick my way out of the cage.

You kick at the stone cage (3) but can't quite get much power behind your attacks when you are cramped into such a small area. (Luck 1) All you manage to accomplish is to strain your leg.

You get out your chalk and run around in circles. (6+2) You create a large rune of warding on the ground (Luck 2) Which doesn't actually seem to have any effect...

+2 to Runecrafting

Attack the slightly damaged Golem!

You draw your sword and charge at the golem. (6+2) You strike at the golem with a mighty strike, (RTD 3-1) and the golem can't dodge your attack. Your sword doesn't seem to be very effective against the armored golem, but the extra damage from your enchantment moderately wounds it.

+2 to Swords

Ok, then change my turn.

Aim a Compression Bomb towards the Black Golem 1 in a cone with Black Golem 2 as the bomb component. See if the Stone Spirit can do an improvised earth/stone wall behind me.

Alright, I can touch the BG2 and have the wall behind me this time. I didn't want to specifically do a cone form Compression Bomb because that is less cool but whatever. The wall is there to protect others from stray sharpnel if I fail to do a proper aim. :P
You have your stone spirit erect a wall behind you (5+1) an a great barrier of earth springs out. (Luck 6) The wall is probably a good 5 feet thick and 10 feet high, and you stare at your spirit in amazement before turning back to the task at hand.

You then run up to the golem and grab it (6) infusing the golem with earth energy. (Luck 1+1) You find it much harder to compress the black metal than it is to compress earth, (Resist 4) and the golem resits your attack.

+1 to Elementalism

In which case, I'll also change my turn, because I don't want to get hit by the compression bomb if it goes wrong.

I cast Mist on the wall, hoping that if the golems do attack, they'll do something stupid like trip over the wall.
You try to disguise the giant earthen wall that is now sticking out of the ground. (5+2) You send waves of mist at the wall, (Luck 3) but you find it incorrigibly difficult to hide such a large object with mist.

+2 to Elementalism

The first golem is engaged in mental warfare with Nirur's skeleton. (1+1) The skeleton fights against the golem, (5) but the golem effortlessly counters the skeleton's attacks. (Luck 4) The golem inflicts heavy damage on the skeleton.

Nirur's other skeleton physically attacks the golem, (3) striking out at it. (RTD 3-1) The golem, being distracted and slowed, can't block the attack. Despite this, the skeleton doesn't do much damage.

Cheddarius' golem tries to grapple the first golem, (1) but fails in every conceivable way. (RTD 3-1) The other golem pretty much ignores it.

Aarchan's gelatin tries to latch onto the golem (3) and slowly adheres to it's leg. (RTD 1-1) the golem is too preoccupied to do anything, and the gelatin slowly begins dissolving it.

Noticing that one of the meatbags just ran up to it and grabbed it, the second golem spins around and attacks Kin. (3+1) It strikes at him (RTD 1) and punches him in the gut, inflicting heavy damage and sending him flying into his own wall.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheddarius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:46:19 am by RandomNumberGenerator »

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 05, 2010, 12:23:06 pm »

Stand up and attack Golem 1 with my voulge.

Double edit in less than a minute...
NOT THE BEES!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 05, 2010, 12:39:11 pm »

Rune of Warding fails quite frequently.

I attempt to separate the first golem from its spirit energy. My skeletons continue as they are.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 05, 2010, 01:08:35 pm »

Yay, more fails. At least I got a wall out of it.

Stone Spirit heals me. I, with renewed vigor will slam my warhammer on to the Black Golem 2 producing a Shockwave, hopefully shattering it from within.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 120