Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24366 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #315 on: March 18, 2010, 11:46:04 pm »

With that new narrative you get all six dice Acanthus117. :)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 19, 2010, 12:40:02 am »

Well, both of the teams have 3 players each... And you are kinda late...
If you did join you would most likely be joining on your own side?

OOOH
OOOH

You could be phoenix!
If hes still alive...
Silhouette, he's been in the game since the beginning. :P

well excuse me for not noticing due to all the inactivity from the other team...

---
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 19, 2010, 11:16:24 am »

OK, cool.

Jackson yells, "Craaaaaap!  I am really starting to hate robots!" and dives towards the side of the room, grabbing a fuel tank for a plasma cutter and hurling it down the hallway.  Yelling for everyone to duck and cover, he grabs some grenades from his kit and prepares for the fight.  He then takes cover behind some nearby tools, loading a high explosive grenade.  Jackson fires the grenade at the fuel tank (which hopefully landed near our new pal).

How many dice is that?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2010, 12:14:01 pm »

OK, cool.

Jackson yells, "Craaaaaap!  I am really starting to hate robots!"(1) and dives towards the side of the room(2), grabbing a fuel tank for a plasma cutter and hurling it down the hallway(3).  Yelling for everyone to duck and cover(4), he grabs some grenades from his kit and prepares for the fight(5).  He then takes cover behind some nearby tools(6), loading a high explosive grenade.  Jackson fires the grenade at the fuel tank (which hopefully landed near our new pal).

How many dice is that?
You get six dice, split them between attack and defense.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2010, 06:57:54 pm »

... wonders how yelling could be an attack or defense dice...
---
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #320 on: March 19, 2010, 07:17:40 pm »

... wonders how yelling could be an attack or defense dice...
---
The dice don't correspond to your actions but how detailed and elaborate your narration is. This is explained in the rules and it encourages people to be creative. If you just "I shoot the bad guy and then duck" you get 2 dice. If you "I take a flying leap over the enemy, slashing him across the back with my sword before rebounding off the far bulkhead and landing behind our defensive line." you get 4 dice. The higher the maximum dice pool, the more dice you can get for being elaborate and descriptive.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 19, 2010, 07:18:20 pm »

'tis still weird in my opinion
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #322 on: March 19, 2010, 07:19:40 pm »

'tis still weird in my opinion
If you don't like the rules, you don't have to play.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 19, 2010, 07:20:19 pm »

I said its weird, not that i didnt like the rules.
---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #324 on: March 19, 2010, 07:24:18 pm »

It is certainly different, and unlike most roleplaying games. The whole point is to get a cooperative story going with a bit of direction from the narrator/GM and a lot of participation from the players. This is also why you can veto each other's actions if you wish to, because players have such freedom. Someone could get silly and say "I pull out a small white and red ball called a Metastasis Capsule and hurl it at the enemy, releasing CHARIZARD and ordering him to use his FLAME BREATH attack." If someone else doesn't want pokemans in the game, they can call for a veto and if the group votes yes, he must rewrite his narration.

So far I've been enjoying the game, I hope you are as well.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 19, 2010, 08:31:52 pm »

... don't tempt me to do that action...
---

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 19, 2010, 11:34:42 pm »

3 dice to both, please.

Can I modify my shotgun to fire pokemans?

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 19, 2010, 11:38:12 pm »

VOLTORB I choose you!
Self destruct on impact!

---

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #328 on: March 20, 2010, 08:17:00 pm »

You know what, I just realized I did this wrong by my own rules. That will teach me to post when sleepy.

Villain combat rules say the players roll a COMBINED total of 6 dice, not 6 individually. I will let it play to see how it works out for this villain, but future I'll probably stick to the rules.

Player Rolls:
Spoiler: Silhouette (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Himmelhand (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Acanthus117 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dyjeccu (click to show/hide)

Villain Rolls:
Spoiler: Security Mech (click to show/hide)

Outcome:

Security Mech takes 8 wounds from your rolls, and because it did not hold any back for defense none of that damage is blocked.

Security Mech is now at 8 wounds and continues to fight, but looking battered.

Security Mech gets to split its 5 successful hits across the combatants as it sees fit.

3 wounds go to Silhouette, of which one is blocked by successful defense.

Silhouette has taken 2 damage and is hurt but functional.

2 wounds go to Dyjeccu, of which one is blocked by successful defense.

Dyjeccu has taken 1 damage and is hurt but functional.

Round 2 begins.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #329 on: March 20, 2010, 08:23:41 pm »

The mech pauses, evaluating the battlefield damage its grenade barrage has done and running a combat simulation.

"Unit survival chance estimated at 5.3% with current battlefield conditions. Initiating new combat routines. Null fields engaged. Self-repair systems active."

Around the mech a shimmering curtain of black energy crackles into being and the machine's chassis hunkers low to the ground. Where the field touches the deck, sparks fly and you hear the sound of tortured metal. Across the mech's surface, tiny spider drones crawl around to repair damage and replace systems with spares.

"Activating combat suppression subsystem. Reinforcement request in queue. Escalation request in queue."

Above the field a small dual-barreled turret rises on an extension platform from the mech's back. It clears the null field and opens fire at your defensive position, seeking to suppress further engagement while the mech regenerates.

Note: During round 2, if you assign more than 2 dice to attack you will take 1 auto damage, as if you were fighting a minion group. This damage CAN be prevented with a successful defense roll.

Security Mech gets 6 dice.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28