Poll

Null

Null
- 0 (0%)
Null
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins  (Read 24387 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: CSS Roanoke - Round 1 - Play Begins
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2010, 10:27:00 pm »

Oh...
In that case, I get out of the ship and enter the Roanoke.
*cheers* And team 2 is on the scene!

You walk through the docking collar and reach the airlock. The controls are fairly simple, and the lock cycles open for you and closes behind you. When the inner door opens, you are assaulted by an overpowering smell of biological decay which makes you gag involuntarily and nearly lose your lunch. The source of the oder is not obvious yet, before you is a long hallway with a lift at the end. There is a door marked "Cryo" and a door marked "Medical" on opposite sides of the hallway.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2010, 10:29:47 pm »

Joshua enters the cryogenic door. Medicine sounds very bad to Joshua.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2010, 10:39:06 pm »

Medicine may sound bad, but what you find in the Cryo room is worse.

As you enter the room you find you are on a catwalk which encircles a very large space. Before you are row upon row upon row of cryogenic pods. The smell of decay is overpowering here, and your eyes begin to water as the stench assails you. From the briefing you read, this ship is supposed to have over five thousand colonists... and you have just found them. It looks like someone cut the power to the cryo system while most of them were still in stasis, and they died without ever waking. No one has bothered removing them from the pods either, and the stench of 5000 rotting bodies is more than you can bear. You have to move back and let the door close, get some 'fresh' air. If you're going to do anything in that room you'll need some sort of pressure suit or some protection against the stench.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2010, 10:46:28 pm »

Joshua enters the medicine room, hand for some reason moving towards his energy sword.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2010, 01:58:09 am »

((Can I jump in?))
 Joe was tired of scanning through Roanoke video feeds: of those still functioning, he couldn't find Joseph Phoenix, only the rival crew.. and now a security bot closing on them. He jumps in to action. 'Jed, Josh, I am heading for Engineering. Our competition needs saving!'

Deciding the lift would take too long, Joe drops in to maintenance hatch that should lead him to the other crew, he was also searching for a weapon. He had to concentrate; What could he use to slow this bot down?

Ahead. Some insulated pipe sections had fallen from above, while others hung haphazardly. Pausing for a moment he pries the casing from one of his own spare power cells, then wedges it into a pipe end before bridging the safety mechanism: a little fuzzy on this sort of application, Joe figures the next thing touched by his makeshift spear will either receive a sudden, full electric charge, or cause the cell to explode.

Quickening his pace Joe hears a synthesized voice from down the corridor "selecting wide-dispersal fragmentation grenade barrage." 'No... not yet!' he shouts, jumping from the access-way to spot the bot's flank: he must have emerged just outside Engineering.

The next moment was all instinct. As the bot's weapon ports opened, Joe launches himself in to a running slide between and past its legs, stabbing upward with his electro-spear.. aiming for what looks like a critical power junction.

(Improvised weapons  skill 3)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 02:51:47 am by Dyjeccu »

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 18, 2010, 02:02:16 am »

Well, both of the teams have 3 players each... And you are kinda late...
If you did join you would most likely be joining on your own side?

OOOH
OOOH

You could be phoenix!
If hes still alive...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 18, 2010, 02:37:03 am »

Yay! we has frend!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 18, 2010, 04:53:50 pm »

I AM TERRIBLY SORRY FOR MY ABSENCE.

I was vacationing with family and hadn't realized that we would be staying at a place with no internet access whatsoever.  Luckily I am back into the normal swing of things, so I should be around.  Is it our turn to narrate and such?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #308 on: March 18, 2010, 05:00:35 pm »

I AM TERRIBLY SORRY FOR MY ABSENCE.

I was vacationing with family and hadn't realized that we would be staying at a place with no internet access whatsoever.  Luckily I am back into the normal swing of things, so I should be around.  Is it our turn to narrate and such?
Yes, the three players involved can narrate round 1. Once yours is in Himmel I will progress the conflict

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 18, 2010, 09:26:21 pm »

Marcus lifts and fires his rifle full-auto at the robot, whilst taking cover from the flying shrapnel.

2/3 to attack, 1/3 to defence
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #310 on: March 18, 2010, 10:07:44 pm »

Edit: Nevermind, that's fine Dyjeccu. You get 6 dice for this round, split them between attack and defense.

As soon as Himmel's narration is in I can progress the round.

Dyjeccu is now also a part of the conflict.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:18:54 pm by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #311 on: March 18, 2010, 10:20:15 pm »

Well, both of the teams have 3 players each... And you are kinda late...
If you did join you would most likely be joining on your own side?

OOOH
OOOH

You could be phoenix!
If hes still alive...
Silhouette, he's been in the game since the beginning. :P

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 18, 2010, 10:22:59 pm »

Bwahaha!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 18, 2010, 10:46:02 pm »

6 dice for this round..
With a fairly bold maneuver, I will follow Acanthus' lead and devote thirds: Four dice to attack, two dice to defense.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 18, 2010, 10:58:53 pm »

wait, we have 6 dice?!

Okey, gotta rewrite my narration to get zem all!

Marcus stands up, and fires his M4A3, careful not to hit the newcomer sliding under the 'bot. He continues to focus his fire on the 'bot, and throws the grenade that Miria made. He then triggers the IED, hoping that his rain of lead and the plasma IEDs are enough to kill the bot.

1/3 to defense, 2/3 to attack.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28