Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: can love bloom with an adventurer?  (Read 12513 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Re: can love bloom with an adventurer?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 04:02:21 am »

Well, you can take someone down by the lower body.

Yeah...*looks away*
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 04:16:48 am »

Does wrestling an elf woman to the ground by grabbing her head with your lower body count?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 08:28:07 am »

Does wrestling an elf woman to the ground by grabbing her head with your lower body count?
If it does, and you were using a dwarf, then you'd be an outcast.
Dwarf and Elf mating... my god... some kind of deformed tree loving, rock loving, thing that also hates both at the same time.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 09:07:21 am »

actually, I think it would be stillborn, but failing that, one of the parents would kill both it and their "mate", failing even that, the abomination would kill itself, probably with magma.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 05:25:59 pm »

Or it will be a being roughly between elf and dwarf size, with no real love for trees nor mountains, most likely not getting moods like dwarves or having a dwarven sense of art. He or she may search others of roughly their description, and they will live in wooden houses on the plains, wearing iron armour and using iron weapons, metal like dwarves, but not quite as good as the dwarven steel. They might build maybe a few, small(By dwarven standards) megaprojects, such as a keep or temple, but they will never live out in the open like elves, or underground like dwarves.

They might also worship different gods, and send trade caravans, and who knows, maybe they can gather enough soldiers for a war, and send armies..Possibly after an incident with their diplomat. They will thrive near the coast, where none of the other races have any real interest, and will build roads aboveground not unlike the dwarven tunnels. Their leader will be a strong fighter, possibly legendary, one for each town.

....Wait a minute..This sounds familiar.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:28:42 pm by XSI »
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McPicard has entered a martial trance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 07:03:21 pm »

Disregard the D&D stats and stuff, but this sums up what I thought would be a dwarf and elf.
http://www.d20forge.com/contribution/display.html?id=394
But in dwarf fortress I think it would be a retarded human with an oddly shaped beard...
Ah, Dwarf Fortress. The only game where it's considered perfectly normal to discuss the most efficient method of farming and butchering friendly sentient beings for their valuable bones...

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 09:10:07 am »

You ejected the first arrow by hand, didn't you? I see what you were trying to do, but testing a technique you've only heard about in the middle of battle wasn't very smart. You were asking to have your bow jam on you. Besides, I don't think you're cut out for a bow in the first place; you tend to twist your elbow a little to absorb the recoil. That's more of a crossbow technique.

I never understood what the hell Ocelot was actually trying to do by ejecting the first round. :|
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 07:18:27 pm »

But don't dwarves breed using airborne spores?

Or do they divide, to create two identical dwarves?
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 04:04:22 pm »

If it does, and you were using a dwarf, then you'd be an outcast.
Dwarf and Elf mating... my god... some kind of deformed tree loving, rock loving, thing that also hates both at the same time.

I created that in the RAWs once, the Dwelves were horriffic, vegetarian, mining, boozing, tree-hugging and crazy...They were almost dwarf-like :)

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 11:10:29 am »

Or it will be a being roughly between elf and dwarf size, with no real love for trees nor mountains, most likely not getting moods like dwarves or having a dwarven sense of art. He or she may search others of roughly their description, and they will live in wooden houses on the plains, wearing iron armour and using iron weapons, metal like dwarves, but not quite as good as the dwarven steel. They might build maybe a few, small(By dwarven standards) megaprojects, such as a keep or temple, but they will never live out in the open like elves, or underground like dwarves.

They might also worship different gods, and send trade caravans, and who knows, maybe they can gather enough soldiers for a war, and send armies..Possibly after an incident with their diplomat. They will thrive near the coast, where none of the other races have any real interest, and will build roads aboveground not unlike the dwarven tunnels. Their leader will be a strong fighter, possibly legendary, one for each town.

....Wait a minute..This sounds familiar.
Now that you've said it, it must be canon!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 02:53:18 am »

I did it!
I successfully got a baby from one of the adventures.
this being my 6th (female goden sazirilrom who went from dwarf to cat back to dwarf through the experiment) I used dark magic to make a water fall and mist generator to keep the dwarfs happy while I waited in about and so far her cat state lead to her being adopted by my rune craftdwarf(stakud) who loves cats for their aloofness aka crazy catlady. the time it took lead 2 months in game which was quick but since this is cat dna it makes sense. so far I don't know if it was from civ changing to a dwarf civ led to her not having the baby on her or just babies don't cling to adventurers but I'm going to test this out and maybe see if I can speed up the age process. It also seems the baby ilral (darius) sinsotbomrek(march 10 2010 1 : 00 am) does not take on his mothers last name which means that either the name is randomize or since the father is a nameless animal it means the names of these creatures already exist they are hidden until they do something epic than created when they do something epic. the next thing on the list is to either have him join his mother or try this out with a follower in adventure mode.
so in conclusion yes love can bloom with an adventurer it just love bloom faster when your a cat.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Zeofar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2010, 03:34:07 am »

Irrelevant derail made relevant by irrelevant derails details(?).
(I do not endorse that product.)
Anyways, I suppose it is interesting that your adventurers can have families and children.  Next step: Make towns full of of nothing but retired adventurers and their progeny.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 04:01:41 am »

Irrelevant derail made relevant by irrelevant derails details(?).
(I do not endorse that product.)
Anyways, I suppose it is interesting that your adventurers can have families and children.  Next step: Make towns full of of nothing but retired adventurers and their progeny.

A... link... from TVtropes... and in that link...

I HAVE SEEN THE END.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 07:05:47 am »

Ait... So if you use dwarf companion to turn into a cat, and all your adventures are ecstatic, one will adopt your adventurer, and then... What?
How exactly was it possible to create children?
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 08:23:05 am »

I suspect the same way furries have children. through a combination of costumes, drugs, and rape.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5