Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Deus Ex 3  (Read 10223 times)

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex 3
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2010, 05:17:47 am »

Yeah, I've always wanted less brooding and more broody. WINK WINK.

HaHaHa... I don't get it...

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2010, 05:28:55 am »

Am I the only one who thought that looked really bad? It's like someone held a conference and said "Alright guys, let's brainstorm Cyberpunk cliches! Brooding protagonist...Ok, Ok...Yeah, corporations more powerful than governments, that's good! Cybernetic limbs? THAT'S GOLDEN MAN. KEEP 'EM COMIN'!"
Heh, I thought the trailer looked pretty great. :P Yeah, all that stuff was already there in DX1. Everyone wearing trenchcoats and having wires in their faces. Cybernetic limbs. The police using robots with miniguns mounted on them. Giant global conspiracies. Water fluoridation is a front for feeding people nanomachines that give them a plague. Unatco is a front for Majestic XII, a secret society founded by millionaire megalomaniac Bob Page, originally a defector from Illuminati. Cloned albinos in suits with eyes tattooed to the backs of their necks. They can't really drop it. The DX1 plot and setting were completely preposterous, and the whole thing only worked because of the excellent gameplay. Heh, remember the lines lifted from Illuminatus!, when you're crawling around the corporate nanotech building in Hong Kong, while Tracer's gushing about the numbers encoded to the design of the nanovirus?

And Square-Enix is QUITE capable of publishing games with complex controls. Like two completely different combat systems in TWEWY that you use at the same time.

Yes, I also didn't get it any more that what he wants to say. He should say something in details about it. So that we didn't get confused so that we can get more idea about it. And the another thing is that I also having no more idea about this game because I have only heared about it but having no personal experience with that.
Personally, I'm really hoping this game can win from the contest.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:31:52 am by Soadreqm »

Pathos

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2010, 07:14:25 am »

Yeah, I've always wanted less brooding and more broody. WINK WINK.
HaHaHa... I don't get it...

Spoiler: Less This (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: More This (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2010, 07:45:47 am »

I figured it was that. And if Square is involved, I'd bet the plot incorporates both.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2010, 08:37:17 am »

True,  I nearly cried when I saw Square Enix had anything to do with it.
Hey, Square used to be the best. Kings of a genera. Now... not so much, but they haven't stunk long enough for me to lose all hope in them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2010, 10:00:59 am »

It's an inevitable cycle. Gaming corporations are started by gamers, almost always hardcore gamers (as opposed to casual gamers). They make the games they want, which feeds to the smaller core of the market. As they grow, they begin to take on management and marketing types who don't necessarily share their passion for the more hardcore games. They push for more casual titles which sell better to the casual gamer market. Eventually the company starts losing money because the casual market is more fickle, or they start investing in games that don't sell, or a dozen other reasons that cause large companies to fail. Eventually they get swallowed by another, larger gaming corporation that hasn't quite peaked yet.

And for all that, I think it's a good thing. Lets new faces get into the industry all the time.

And I agree, Square hasn't been failing quite long enough for me to lose hope. But they have lost my trust, FFXII was a huge waste of money, never even got halfway through it before getting bored. Too much dungeon crawling, and a plot that revolved around somebody who wasn't the main character.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2010, 10:09:52 am »

OKay, that's also true. Square are a good games company, but for some reason I don't think they're cut out for Deus Ex. Kinda ridiculous considering most of the Final Fantasy's are awesome but hey.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2010, 10:28:56 am »

Yeah, Square has always made turn-based RPGs, and done so very well most of the time, with little experience with anything else. Still, Kingdom hearts was awesome against all odds, so Square have shown that they can make things other than RPGs, so this might still have a chance.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Blade_Train3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2010, 11:03:29 am »

I gave Square a chance with Supreme Commander 2... and look what turned up... if they ruin this I will not be a happy camper.
Help Miqo grow!

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Groovedbells

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2010, 01:17:29 pm »

Yeah, Square has always made turn-based RPGs, and done so very well most of the time, with little experience with anything else. Still, Kingdom hearts was awesome against all odds, so Square have shown that they can make things other than RPGs, so this might still have a chance.
Kingdom Hearts was an RPG. But you're right, as bad as a (literal) fusion of Final Fantasy and Disney could have been, Kingdom Hearts was downright legendary.

Has anyone played their RTS, Order of War? I played the demo, and it wasn't half-bad(lemme play it again to be sure before flaming on that).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2010, 01:22:57 pm »

Kingdom Hearts was an RPG.
Right, which is why I specified that their experience was in turn-based RPGs. Kingdom hearts was (as far as I know) the only real-time one they have made. Deus Ex was also an RPG, just of a much harder to define sort.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2010, 01:39:45 pm »

Some developer of DX3 (who also happened to own a SA account) said that Square-Enix does not have any role in producing this game; they're just publishing it. YMMV on that statement.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2010, 02:16:20 pm »

Huh. I found out why Square is publishing this. Apparently a year ago Square Enix Europe aquired Eidos Interactive. I didn't know that.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2010, 03:32:47 pm »

Square Enix made Just Cause 2. They've done things other than RPGs.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2010, 08:52:49 am »

Square Enix made Just Cause 2. They've done things other than RPGs.
Which is an awesome game.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7