Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Deus Ex 3  (Read 10218 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex 3
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2010, 02:54:38 pm »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2010, 03:24:06 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2010, 04:08:03 pm »

That's not really E3 considering E3 starts in a week...
It's a hot trailer though.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2010, 04:41:40 pm »

I'm so pumped for this game. The music is as good as it's been in previous games in the trailer, and that's a damn good thing. The story seems to be a great intrigue filled train ride to hell.

Also, the screen shot's i've seen of game footage has me floored. Perfect translation from their concept art.

Can not wait for this game at all.... :V
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2010, 05:36:05 pm »

That's not really E3 considering E3 starts in a week...
It's a hot trailer though.
Complain with gametrailers then. =p

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2010, 06:29:02 pm »

Anybody can make a flashy trailer. In fact, most trailers are created in such a way for the sole purpose of misleading people into buying the game blindly as soon as it comes out, and often times the prettier trailers are connected with the shittiest games. I'm not looking forward to this release, although then again it CAN'T be worse than Dues Ex 2. I wish developers would just listen to player feedback when creating sequels instead of "Well I didn't like what you thought made the game good! In my opinion it made it horrible, so I'm going to take it all out! Hah, what are you going to do about it?" I mean this is literally asking for people to 'try before they buy'.

We'll see. But I'm pretty sure it's going to suck.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2010, 06:49:12 pm »

Deus Ex 2 wasn't all that bad... It just wasn't Deus Ex. The stealth was almost gone, the levels were too linear, and the story was far worse, but overall it wasn't a bad game if you just ignored that it was a sequel.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2010, 07:01:15 pm »

Anybody can make a flashy trailer. In fact, most trailers are created in such a way for the sole purpose of misleading people into buying the game blindly as soon as it comes out, and often times the prettier trailers are connected with the shittiest games. I'm not looking forward to this release, although then again it CAN'T be worse than Dues Ex 2. I wish developers would just listen to player feedback when creating sequels instead of "Well I didn't like what you thought made the game good! In my opinion it made it horrible, so I'm going to take it all out! Hah, what are you going to do about it?" I mean this is literally asking for people to 'try before they buy'.

We'll see. But I'm pretty sure it's going to suck.

Listening to player feedback? How can the developers do that? I suppose indie developers have the time, but for mainstream developers? Mainstream developers will realize that if they appease one group, they can lose other groups in the process, who get left out for some reason or another. What if the players want mutually conflicting goals, or don't have a clear sense of gameplay design? I prefer they make a good game, instead.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:02:53 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2010, 07:50:51 pm »

I'm with the crowd on this one, really skeptical crowd that is. Not only does the lead developer hates the features I liked most in the series (stealth, having to actualy think to solve problems), its also square-enix, known for making pretty games with super dumbed down gameplay. If this comes out as a FPS with some adventure and rpg elements thrown in and badly implemented, I won't be surprised.

There's the chance they might not screw this up though, so I'll be watching this.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2010, 12:56:13 am »

True,  I nearly cried when I saw Square Enix had anything to do with it.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2010, 01:14:33 am »

E3 Trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-deus-ex/100909

I'll be honest. I've always known I should like Deus Ex, but never got around to playing the games.

Am I the only one who thought that looked really bad? It's like someone held a conference and said "Alright guys, let's brainstorm Cyberpunk cliches! Brooding protagonist...Ok, Ok...Yeah, corporations more powerful than governments, that's good! Cybernetic limbs? THAT'S GOLDEN MAN. KEEP 'EM COMIN'!"

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2010, 01:24:19 am »

IDK, I never really played DX but I may just now. The DX3 trailer makes me very excited although it's no indicator for the game, really.
Kinseti's got a point though.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Blade_Train3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2010, 03:59:30 am »

I'm horribly overhyped for the game but am at the same time prepared for a similar letdown to DX2
Help Miqo grow!

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Groovedbells

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2010, 04:57:34 am »

Well, the original Deus Ex was also built on some awful cliches. Like all the conspiracy theories, Knights Templar, New World Order bullcrap, the nanotechnology handwave, a deadly virus etc... It was all there before but in Deus Ex it turned out incredibly tasty when all mixed together.

Same thing with the storyline. If I were to tell someone the story presented in the game it would sound like a low end sci-fi novel written by someone crazy.

AND YET when I played it it immersed me completely. The endgame choice actually made me pause to think what to do.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe you have a point about the brooding main character.The cool thing about JC Denton was(apart from him being a psycho) his emotionless stare from behind the glasses. The guy in the trailer reminds be of the heroes in Square JRPGs, only less androgynous and more western.  :P
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:07:21 am by Toady Two »

Pathos

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2010, 05:11:33 am »

Yeah, I've always wanted less brooding and more broody. WINK WINK.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7