Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Cadbury's. Our Chocolate company.  (Read 4668 times)

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
Re: Cadbury's. Our Chocolate company.
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 06:46:22 am »

I am highly offended that you would suggest I reference a thesaurus.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I relax the grammar on purpose to be less stiff; most people just take very proper grammar as being arrogant or having a superiority complex. I think relaxed grammar is a necessary thing on a forum, as opposed to a nearly unreadable post spouting half-formulated and unreferenced rumors that would constitute libel in a formal publication. The fact that the post featured nearly unintelligible writing made it less credible by casting doubt on the author's intelligence.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 06:53:06 am by The Architect »
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 06:50:18 am »

Bayer is apparently evil. HIV infected vaccines. @@ The anti vaccer dont need actual ammo, they make up plenty by themselves.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 06:52:29 am »

Bayer is apparently evil. HIV infected vaccines. @@ The anti vaccer dont need actual ammo, they make up plenty by themselves.

What?
If you're talking about the HIV vaccine that medical professionals refused to take..
Well even then I don't know what you are saying.
The sigs topic:

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 06:54:58 am »

No I understand that you type like a douchenozzle who talks down on people for bad grammar while using horrendous sentence structure all the while wording his arguments like the twats at my gf's uni (Princeton).

Your English education should recognize I'm not calling you a douchenozzle twat, because I'm using simile, which is a form of metaphor utilizing the words like and as, and someone with an educated mind such as yours should be able to understand.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 06:58:24 am »

Lol. Perfectly well.

I'm glad to see two people decided to drag this thread to hell for no apparent reason.

Wait, am I one of those people? No? Just checking. I'll be done posting now, as an argument does nothing but crap all over the thread.
The sigs topic:

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 07:03:18 am »

Yes, let us discuss this over sips of merlot and cadbury eggs. Crumpets and tea will be served with gouda cheese if it so pleases the ladies in attendance.

Nah, just kidding. They're all dudes. ::)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:20:13 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2010, 03:13:09 pm »

What if dudes like crumpets and tea with gouda cheese?

On a previous note: Nuttella is better tasting than vegimite. Vegemite is just the training food, so that when Australian kids grow up, they enjoy the taste of beer.

I swear, our drinking culture rivals that of Scotland.

BUT. Cadbury chocolate is one of those things where you just shake your head and sigh. I mean, we all knew it was going to happen. Look at Kraft (Vegemite in particular), Arnotts, Nestle' (Wait was nestle australian?). We don't really have any big businesses that are owned by Australians anymore.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2010, 04:22:15 pm »

What if dudes like crumpets and tea with gouda cheese?

On a previous note: Nuttella is better tasting than vegimite. Vegemite is just the training food, so that when Australian kids grow up, they enjoy the taste of beer.

I swear, our drinking culture rivals that of Scotland.

BUT. Cadbury chocolate is one of those things where you just shake your head and sigh. I mean, we all knew it was going to happen. Look at Kraft (Vegemite in particular), Arnotts, Nestle' (Wait was nestle australian?). We don't really have any big businesses that are owned by Australians anymore.

Don't ever say your drinking culture can rival ours. Alcoholism is an infectious disease over here. (we're brought up on whisky and told to drink vodka while exercising.

Anyhoo, no more talk on grammer. This is about chocolate and associated confectionary companies becoming grey. Keep discussing.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2010, 06:30:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On Cadbury, it concerns me that large corporations are devouring each other. Each of these large companies keep each other paying attention, and if all our foods were supplied by a monopoly, well, things can only go downhill. The variety and quality of products and services provided by competing entities is the boon of capitalism, but this is a step towards a grim, Wal-Martesque future.

Also, WTF is this Cheeseybite?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2010, 06:59:40 pm »

Back to topic more: I am sad for this mostly because the American candy companies have that ever so american problem of replacing all their real sugar with even-worse-for-your-health High Fructose Corn Syrup. Big fan of Cadbury products, don't want the yanks ruining those on us too..

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2010, 07:45:59 pm »

High Fructose Corn Syrup is as nutritional as sugar, and fine in moderation as is sugar. HFCS has bad press because its a chemical industrial sweetener. Chemically it not terribly different then sugar, nutritionally its about the same. Though because its not 'natural', and  you can be my guess to find a coherent contestant definition of that word, its consider bad. The FDA and USDA, has found no actual issue with HFCS that are greater then those with sugars.

Curious, has the sales of vegitmite gone down since kraft bought it, or has the taste dramatically changed?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2010, 07:48:34 pm »

luckily many companies are using sugar again.

Either way, we need another Trust Buster.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 08:02:16 pm »

luckily many companies are using sugar again.

Either way, we need another Trust Buster.

Why luckily? HFCS has become ubiquitous in foodstuff for almost over thirty years, and there are no rise in health issues associated with HFCS.

And why do we need a trust buster? How much of a market share do you think Kraft as on the international foodstuff market? If you want to break up an actual de facto monopoly, then aim your sights on De Beer.

I agree that stronger anti trust mechanics need to be implemented on the world market, but there is no body to enforce these laws. The world bank could be made into such an intitity and almost is. Though it weaker in Africa, Asian, and pacific market. I'm not sure what influence they have on south america markets.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 08:19:48 pm »

Its not as evil De Beer.
If you want to break up an actual de facto monopoly, then aim your sights on De Beer.

Watch Blood Diamond, did you?  Or am I just atrociously ill-informed to the point I learned about the dark side of the diamond industry via Hollywood?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 08:49:09 pm »

Thanks for the IMDB link, no I haven't watched it. I dont like DiCaprio, and I found the plot to rather contrived.

Neat, de Beers has a 40% market share instead of their long standing 80% share, that has only been effect for a few years, learned something new. Seems like De Beer in recent years have changed somewhat, interesting. *shrugs*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6