Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Cadbury's. Our Chocolate company.  (Read 4662 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Cadbury's. Our Chocolate company.
« on: February 16, 2010, 08:23:17 pm »

This is late I know.

Yeah, it was the company that inspired Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory. Its been there ever since I can remember. Every bar leaves a smile on your chocolate stained mouth, a warm feeling in your stomach. From the chocolate cream eggs, to the fruit and nut bar's I love Cadbury's. I love it so much that I want to make a chocolate house out of their stuffs. I'm considering stockpiling their products.

But, theres a demon on the horizon. It snuck in when we were all content with our happy bellies. This monster, with a necklace made of pure chemicals spelled a word no-one could believe. KRAFT. This monster of the economy world bought up Cadbury's.  Our only weapon against the assault of internation 'snacks'. I have tasted you 'confectionary', I have tasted the bland, sour downright grey thing that you call treats. But they promise to "keep the recipe as it always was."  But how can we believe this monster when they've taken such a happy place away from us?! How I ask you how!

Anyway. Enough of this silly banter, last month the news came through that Kraft were buying Cadburys up. The cadburys owners said that they can't expand into the other markets abroad well enough to ensure survival. I am saddened as yet another good British company ends up being bought up by an outside investor. I've heard of Kraft, they make such 'tasty treats' as Hersheys and Reese things. So this begs the question, have the American's heard of Cadbury's at all? And if so what do you think of their products.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cadbury's. Our Chocolate company.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:26:00 pm »

We import a lot of Cadbury stuff, and I'm sad to see that Kraft is nabbing them. All they really do well is microwavable mac'n'cheese.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 08:28:45 pm »

Why yes, I have heard of them.  My favorite of their products is the caramel egg.  A chocolate shell filled with caramel.  So good.  I only ever see those particular candies around easter though.  Most other Cadbury I see year round.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 08:30:11 pm »

Why yes, I have heard of them.  My favorite of their products is the caramel egg.  A chocolate shell filled with caramel.  So good.  I only ever see those particular candies around easter though.  Most other Cadbury I see year round.

They have an advert saying "We'll be gone soon! Only here for 4 months!". Yeah 1/3rd of the year :P

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 08:31:00 pm »

Quick, stockpile the hell out of their products. I'm talking bunkers full of metric shitloads.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 08:35:06 pm »

By all that is thunderous! I think we've met the enemy, and it is the Snack Trust.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 08:52:51 pm »

I am saddened as yet another good British company ends up being bought up by an outside investor.

This is the biggest food corporation related tragedy since the Americans bought Kraft.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 08:57:30 pm »

When did 'the Americans' become a country?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 09:01:49 pm »

Are you implying that the United States bought Kraft, the way they bought Alaska?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 09:09:04 pm »

No, you are. Not even implying.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 09:21:11 pm »

You know what, never mind. Cream Eggs are good.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:24:43 pm by kinseti »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 09:25:00 pm »

Huzzah for the big corporation buying out other corporations!
Go capitalism! Yay!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 03:02:46 am »

Yea. I'm not seeing the issue here.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 03:09:31 am »

I'd love to see Cadbury's survive independently, as homemade-style candy (and products in general, down to homegrown vegetables) are usually drastically superior to their cheaper mass-produced counterparts.

As well, any innovations you might have seen from Cadbury's (think of the fact that someone had to introduce those filled eggs) would likely cease. Very likely.

Kraft generally doesn't develop new products. They know what makes money, and that's selling successful products that already have an established reputation.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 03:59:19 am »

As a person who comes from a city where they have a Cadbury Factory it worries me on more than just a taste level. I really hope they don't decide to shut the factory down.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6