Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" Chapter 2, Page 1  (Read 18904 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" page 18 complete.
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2010, 10:12:27 pm »

Actions, saying: Psh, Who wants to bet the Heliks will be enjoying our bear meat by nightfall, damn their thieving hides. They'll probably even claimed it was them who killed it.

To Vladmir: When has a Helik ever needed an excuse to kill? They do it as easy as breathing. Lucky for us, they die just as readily. *chuckle*

Actions: Collect all my gear and the big Heliks hammer as a trophy...though it officially belongs to Tarn since he got the kill, so if he wants it it's his.

Let's blow this popsicle stand  :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2010, 12:16:17 am »

Actions:Tarn walks over to Bodulf "Sorry I'll be taking that, after all this bastard did I'd like to have something to prove my victory."

Tarn lifts the hammer and stares wide-eyed at it remembering the bloodlust that had overcome him. He shakes it off and using his spear to take some weight off his leg he gets ready to move.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2010, 09:24:56 am »

Bodulf Shrugs "It's a bit overlarge for me anyway-I'll take something else from him...we're both marked by his family for revenge anyway, might as well get something out of it."

Actions: I'll collect one of the big Heliks ears and loop it into a string and wear it like a necklace.

Bodulf chuckles after his grisly task "We'll he may have been strong as an ox, but if had better hearing, maybe he would of noticed me coming...I take the part that failed him the most, as an act of purification of the deceased...also, think of all the pranks I can play with it! "Hey guys, what did you say? Speak into my ear!"...ahh, the fun will never end."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2010, 03:53:43 pm »

Keep my mind off the wound and continue back to the village, after packing up any of my stuff I left at the camp.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 29, 2010, 05:15:31 pm »

Chapter 2 coming soon.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" Chapter 2, Page 1 Complete
« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2010, 11:14:56 pm »

Chapter 2:  There is Something Rotten in Sundin.

The weary band of warriors stumble into Sundin proper.  Many with horrid injuries made worse by weeks of travel through rough country.  Several make-shift stretchers hold wounded, groaning men.  They had made it home while many others were lost.  It was like a dream made real.  The familiar sights and smells of Sundin allowing frayed nerves and broken flesh a moment of relaxation and fitful sleep.  Broken warriors flail at air as nightmares of evenings past invade peaceful slumber.  Muttered screams and frantic words escape the mouths of the sleeping.  Fresh wounds of the mind coming to the surface and making their existence known through violent sleep. 

Old Matilda, Hanna and Mila tend to the wounded with poultices and kind words.  Old festered wounds ooze putrid fluids and screams of pain echo as turned flesh is excised with the greatest of care.  The wounded, soiled rags and pools of coagulated blood litter the floor.  Families are reunited amongst the carnage, ignoring the surroundings with relieved and emotional reunions.   

Actions:Tarn walks over to Bodulf "Sorry I'll be taking that, after all this bastard did I'd like to have something to prove my victory."

Tarn lifts the hammer and stares wide-eyed at it remembering the bloodlust that had overcome him. He shakes it off and using his spear to take some weight off his leg he gets ready to move.

The adrenaline of battle subsides as the group gathers up any remaining items cluttering the campsite.  Jon knocks down the lean-to and piles more snow on top of the bear.  Tarn takes the stone warhammer and slings it via a small leather loop attached to the handle.  The weapon itself is quite heavy.  A thick piece of hard granite with a hole patiently drilled through the center.  A stout handle made of ash pushed through he opening and attached by hardened leather strands around the crown.  The pommel is once again made of leather strips wrapped in a diamond pattern to increase grip.

Bodulf Shrugs "It's a bit overlarge for me anyway-I'll take something else from him...we're both marked by his family for revenge anyway, might as well get something out of it."

Actions: I'll collect one of the big Heliks ears and loop it into a string and wear it like a necklace.

Bodulf chuckles after his grisly task "We'll he may have been strong as an ox, but if had better hearing, maybe he would of noticed me coming...I take the part that failed him the most, as an act of purification of the deceased...also, think of all the pranks I can play with it! "Hey guys, what did you say? Speak into my ear!"...ahh, the fun will never end."

Bodulf takes an ear and strings it onto his trophy necklace alongside of his grizzly claw.  Jon gives Bodulf a shrug and continues gathering his strewn belongings.  "Ya know Bodulf...  Atturik is gonna be lookin' fer his ear in the next life." Jon chuckles a bit and shakes his head.  "Kids and their toys."

Agree to head back to the village.
Keep my mind off the wound and continue back to the village, after packing up any of my stuff I left at the camp.

Seeing that the group was ready to move out,  Jon asks Bodulf to take point and Vladimir to take rear security as the party begins to travel north back to Sundin.  Ianna looks at her hand in astonishment.  The pain was already completely replaced by a tingle.  The hand is still somewhat stiff as the swelling has yet to go down.  Trees begin to blur as the terrain passes slowly.  The journey traveled just the day before was full of light banter and expectations.  The return trip was spent in quiet contemplation and reflection as the three wounded push themselves to their limits. <?><?(-2)=?><?(+2)=?>  Jon and Tarn both exert maximum effort as their respective wounds claw at willpower reserves.  The thought of a Helik warparty approaching Sundin is all the motivation needed.

Eventually, the now exhausted group, sees the familiar waters of the local stream bubbling in the failing light of day.  It is already growing with added run-off from the Hawk's Ridge and within a few weeks it would be a roaring torrent.  Half expecting the village to be burning when you arrived, relief washes over the hunting party as all looks to be normal from the crest of the small hill.  Five tired, dirty and hungry souls drag themselves into the village. 

Mila was the first to notice her returning kin.  "Oh my! Are yoose okay?  What happened?"  Her eyes glance from wound to wound as she takes in the sight with increasing horror.  "Go warm yourselves by the fire if ya wish.. I'll go get Fredrich."  She stops mid step and turns to Bodulf, "By da' way your father has returned.  They came back to us last eve, he is resting in the main longhouse along with a few others that made it back.  Vladimir, Old Matilda could use your help, there are many wounded."  Mila turns and runs to the main longhouse.  Jon stares blankly into the fire saying "Fredrich isn't going to like this.."

After a few minutes the gathered are able to see the large frame of Fredrich stride toward the firepit.  His gaze passes over the tattered and bloodied kinsmen.  The smile is slowly replaced as the realization that Rame is not among you creeps into his features.  His face turns from one of pride to one of worry.  "Where is Rame?"  The simple question resonates among the friends as no one really wants to speak up first.  Eventually, Jon breaks the silence.  "They got him Fredrich.. the Helik got him."  His eyes low, Jon begins to explain the entirety of the hunting trip in detail.  From the bear to the battle, Jon recounts the bravery of the 'kids' and how they 'saved his ass'.

Fredrich is visibly shaken by the story.  "We will send out runners to gather your bear, that is a prize to grand to be left to rot.  You said that you saw a entire column of Helik villagers crossing into our lands?  We could slaughter them whole and they know that.  Why would they not send a diplomat or emissary?"  Fredrich stands and rubs his chin in contemplation. "Do any of you have anything to add?  We either need to find Rame or make contact with the Helik before the streams flood."      

Brom
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Haele

The Protagonists

Bodulf
Ianna
Vladimir
Tarn
Haele/Diakron
Brom/Arcanthus117

Named Villagers

Gear:

Gm Note:

Chapter 2, Page 1 complete

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" Chapter 2, Page 1
« Reply #261 on: March 30, 2010, 11:39:39 pm »

Okay, I wander into town, surveying the damage. Also, I check how much monies I have.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 31, 2010, 04:39:08 am »

Actions: Find somewhere to stash the hammer and then wash myself off in the stream.

Inv:
Twin long daggers
Bloody Clothes
Hunting Spear
Helik Hammer
Hunters kit
(pretty sure that's it.)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 31, 2010, 11:32:19 am »

Diakron slowly approached the group left hand pressed to his right ribs, where he was wounded, to stop it from moving to much. As he approached he spoke up.

"Vladimir, are you still alive or am i having another dream?"

He then sat down in the group to here what was going on. A few quick glances told him much about his childhood friends' wounds.

"What in the gods name happen to you all?"

No Inv known (thats your problem Yarn i just joined :P)
Back to Mafia with me!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 31, 2010, 01:00:51 pm »

Wait, was the village attacked in our absence or something?

Erm... I would wait for the reply, but I don't know when I will be able to check again so I'mm just post y actions now:

---
To Haele:

"Aye, it's me. Looks like we're both some worse for wear. I need to go help Old Matilda with the wounded"

Go help Old Matilda with the wounded.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 31, 2010, 02:46:58 pm »

Inv:
Clothing
Longbow
9 barbed arrows 1 special arrow

I think that's it o-O

"Gashed my hand...got two of the Heliks though!"

Begin fletching more arrows, I don't have very many left!

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 31, 2010, 05:21:21 pm »

@RNG No the village was not attacked.  I know the post was kinda confusing.  The warriors that returned were from a long lost warband that included Bodulf's father and Haele.  They arrived the night previous while you were out on the hunt.  That is where all the wounded men came from.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 31, 2010, 05:23:42 pm »

Oh, okay. Well then, help with the wounded. And try really hard to remember the ingredients for the poultice...

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 31, 2010, 08:02:08 pm »

Do you guys want to move into Freeform Mode?  Where play is at posting speed, or would you rather stay in Turned Mode as we are now?

Definitions:

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 31, 2010, 08:10:10 pm »

Turned, for the moment, since I don't have a lot of time to check.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19