Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" Chapter 2, Page 1  (Read 18980 times)

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" a rp story.
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2010, 01:20:13 pm »

Continue searching for sinew.

Feeling slightly pressed for time you continue your search, <14> "Oh yea, maybe the storage house?"..  stepping quickly into the unused longhouse, the smell greets you first.. having not spent much time around civilization, your sense of smell is very acute. Cobwebs decorate the ceiling and a light scattering of straw covers the ashen floor planks.  Glancing to your right..  you spy a small box.. inside, a stretching lattice, some hook knives and a length of year old, braided rabbit sinew, wrapped around a small stick. <13 rugged>  ((you know that year old rabbit sinew is not exactly prime material, but it is plenty strong, since it is very early spring and the food supply is short, the village is lacking in some of things that are in abundance in other seasons))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2010, 02:39:11 pm »

Grab the hook knives as well and join up with the others. Depart when they are ready.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2010, 03:28:06 pm »

Continue along the trail with Rame when he's ready.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2010, 06:41:53 pm »

In case you haven't been notified, the "move topic" button is in the lower left corner of the webpage.
are you telling me to move my post? or giving me some sort of advice?
There is also an edit button. In the right hand corner of your posts.  Posts are separated by a thin horizontal line, and consecutive posts are different colors.

EDIT:  It is common forum etiquette for one to demarcate the sections of one's post that have been edited with an "EDIT:" or "[edit]" tags. (which don't actually do anything).  Also, it is proper to not post multiple times in rapid succession, merely because the subject of each post differs.  Doing so is called "doubleposting" (even if one posts more than twice consecutively)

EDIT2:  We each have our own system for showing when multiple edits have been made.  This is my particular style.

EDIT3:  Would you please move your topic?  You have the option of creating a "link topic" during the "move topic" dialog, which replaces this topic in the RTD subforum so no one is confused.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:42:27 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2010, 09:02:14 pm »

Look inside my pack.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2010, 10:21:46 pm »

In case you haven't been notified, the "move topic" button is in the lower left corner of the webpage.
are you telling me to move my post? or giving me some sort of advice?
There is also an edit button. In the right hand corner of your posts.  Posts are separated by a thin horizontal line, and consecutive posts are different colors.

EDIT:  It is common forum etiquette for one to demarcate the sections of one's post that have been edited with an "EDIT:" or "[edit]" tags. (which don't actually do anything).  Also, it is proper to not post multiple times in rapid succession, merely because the subject of each post differs.  Doing so is called "doubleposting" (even if one posts more than twice consecutively)

EDIT2:  We each have our own system for showing when multiple edits have been made.  This is my particular style.

EDIT3:  Would you please move your topic?  You have the option of creating a "link topic" during the "move topic" dialog, which replaces this topic in the RTD subforum so no one is confused.

Okay, i see that you have a gazillion posts in this forum.. so i assume that this is advice.  I have no problem moving my topic, and will do so. i was worried that i had posted in the wrong sub-forum from the get-go, but is it because i am using an expanded rtd system?  One, thing i will not do is is post *edit* every time i fix a spelling error.. i would be spending all of my time typing *edit*, but i will in the future try to consolidate my responses so as to not double post.  I had no idea about that kind of stuff, this is really the second time that i used a forum extensively.. and the first was WoW.. so that doesn't count.  So, do you suggest that i write all of one turn's responses in one large quote/edit? so as to not double post?  What if i have individuals Rp'ing in different areas of my game world? Sometimes my characters are moving at different speeds, one may be rp'ing a conversation while the other is traveling? Should all of those wait for a response from someone that is not online or posting quickly? I can assure you i had no malignant intentions in mind. Please put the best construction on what i have just said.. i am in no way trying to start shit. *EDIT* I am not moving this topic till i get a response from you. *DOUBLE EDIT* A question for anyone..  how do you put multiple quotes from different posters into one response?  I have seen it done on other topics.. and i believe that is zchris's main issue with me. However everytime i press "quote" it opens the little box for me to type.. i assume that then i would post that first response then edit to get other player's quotes into the same post? or.. <confusion> I can't back out of the little typing box and select another quote without losing the work i did on the first post correct? Sorry, as i said/warned "i have no knowledge of the fancy workings of this here forum thingy." To anyone i have offended in anyway, you have my apologies.  GAME ON PAUSE TILL I UNDERSTAND HOW TO POST W/O MESSING THINGS UP.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 12:32:17 am by Yarnspinner »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2010, 10:30:18 pm »

Go to Matilda and ask is she needs me to pick up any reagents on the hunt for her, in return for a favor of course.

OOC: Also, are we being trolled by Zchris? lol
Who cares if it's D20 or D6. Really, we're rolling, presumably to dodge something...but thanks for the help officer, we'll be on our way now. Just passing through, not looking to cause any trouble.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2010, 07:54:32 pm »

Oh, so you ARE rolling things. Okay.  As long as it's funny, you don't have to move it.

Paragraphs are good, Yarnspinner.  It helps to clearly separate ideas.

In response to your question regarding quotes, there are two ways to do it.  The first way I'm not even going to bother with because you appear to be relatively computer illiterate.

The second way follows:  Next time you reply to a post, on the screen with the white boxes for text, scroll down.  Insert Quote.  Little buttons on the right side, with the words "Topic Summary" on the right.  Click the links, the "Insert Quote" ones.  Just to see what happens.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2010, 10:08:31 pm »

Oh, so you ARE rolling things. Okay.  As long as it's funny, you don't have to move it.

Paragraphs are good, Yarnspinner.  It helps to clearly separate ideas.

In response to your question regarding quotes, there are two ways to do it.  The first way I'm not even going to bother with because you appear to be relatively computer illiterate.

The second way follows:  Next time you reply to a post, on the screen with the white boxes for text, scroll down.  Insert Quote.  Little buttons on the right side, with the words "Topic Summary" on the right.  Click the links, the "Insert Quote" ones.  Just to see what happens.

Let me see if i have this straight..  you came onto my topic, delayed our game and then lectured me on paragraphs? You assumed that i was not rolling dice.  So, all of your posts were made with out first investigating our game.  I do use paragraphs.  There is some humor. I do roll dice.  If my walls of text bug you, then don't read them! They are there for my players, should THEY choose to read.
   To me, this seems rather close to breaking the "Forum Guidelines" in terms of "derailing threads."  I do appreciate the info on the quoting system, it is something that i will play with until i get it right. In short, have a nice day Zchris, and don't come back.

GAME BACK ON! PAGE 2 COMING SOON.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2010, 12:38:10 am »

PAGE 2

It is nearly mid-morning, the day promises to be one of the warmest of the young spring.  The ground, still soft from melting snow, makes for slippery footing as the hunting party slogs southwards, heading to the crossroads.  Trees move by in a blur, rocks, scrub brush and thorns tear at exposed skin, the only protesters of your passing. 

The crossroads, well, they have been there since before your birth.  An old collection of shrines, prayer flags and offerings to various forgotten gods are scattered and heavily dot the site.  A series of game paths, most well worn and obvious, all seem to meet here in agreement.  Various mud-ceramic vessels litter the place.  Some still whole, most cracked and eroded by time, elements and the unknown.  It is really is a clearing of sorts.  A sanctuary of open sky in a thick old growth.

Jon, obviously is struggling a bit, love of mead replacing fitness.  "We, <gasps> we camp here." He lies down on his back chest heaving from the exertion. "Rame! gather some firewood." he orders as he takes a long swig on a black and gray meadhorn.  "The rest of you, go find some sign of game, <grumbles>, and don't get lost you mongrels!" 

Condition

Bodulf
   Ianna
   Vladimir
   Tarn

Gear

Hunter's Kit -

Clan Leathers -

Bodulf -

Ianna -

Vladimir -

Tarn -

Loose ends actions

Bodulf - You are heading back the oak tree, to meet Jon, when you get an idea to ask Matilda for something.. "Hmm, maybe she would.. " moving quickly now.. you head to the main Longhouse.. almost bumping you as he bounds down the stairs is Tarn.. obviously in a hurry to get to the tree.  Covering your eyes you peer into the smokey and cramped longhouse.  The woodsmen are already chowing audibly and Mila is working the firepit, with Matilda serving the men.  you attempt to slide past to get to Matilda.. no luck.  Jon's voice can be heard through the thick walls of the Longhouse. "Hurry up! Bodulf..! - we- -are- -leaving!" Split between 10' of hungry kinsmen and Jon's ramblings.. you do an about face and step to the tree.

Ianna You move up next to Rame as the party begins to depart. heading down the trail any attempt at you starting a conversation is met with a "not now" look..  However, a few hours into the trek, Jon rounds a bend as he leads the party into a thicket. 
   "Tell Bodulf, Tarn and Vlad" he whispers..  "he hired Helik sneak thieves.. everyone was drunk at the spring celebration, i was setting up a prank on Jon involving his mead horn, anyway, this fella' was out behind the main Longhouse, and and.. well,  i followed him out to the ravine.. and then..  Bjorn grabbed me by the top of my head and pushed me into the snow.. rising up, he ran the sneakthief through with two well placed arrows from your bow!  He is still laying down in the ravine.  That is how i knew about the arrowheads i told you about in village..." any attempt at further conversation along the trail is ignored.. Jon is too close.

Vladimir You grab the sinew, and two of the hook knives, you figure Ole' Bjorn or Karl may have use of them in the following weeks.  Moving along the trail, you find it funny watching Ianna jump rock to rock so her boots don't get dirty.  <alert 17> You also notice a whispered conversation between Ianna and Rame as they slog about in front of you. You can't quite make out their words.. but, you do notice Rame is not himself.

Tarn  Looking in the pack you see (hunter's kit - see above)  <10> You also notice the hushed conversation between Rame and Ianna.  This perks your curiosity <cunning 13> you make a mental note.  The trek is going very well for you, maybe you just needed the fresh air.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 01:25:39 am by Yarnspinner »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2010, 12:53:02 am »

Locate tracks.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2010, 12:57:10 am »

Search for game animals

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2010, 02:03:46 am »

Say a prayer to whatever Gods or Spirits Ullr who is honored here for luck on the hunt
Then Search for a largish water source nearby.

OOC: If we can find the track of some large prey, remember, we will need to work together to take it down. None of us are Conan the Barbarian, and a moose can kill or injure you just as easy a wolf.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 11:28:50 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2010, 10:15:10 am »

Say a prayer to whatever Gods or Spirits that are honored here for luck on the hunt

Ullr. God of hunting, archery, oaths, shields and skis.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2010, 10:09:40 pm »

Sorry if you got me wrong, but I fully support your endeavor. I try to help, and am labeled a troll. Thanks, but I shan't provide any further help.  A good day to you, and best of wishes on your roleplaying adventure.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19