Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" Chapter 2, Page 1  (Read 18976 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Do you have a couple hours to waste?" a rp story.
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2010, 02:11:03 pm »

(Hey, try using this to make maps and stuff: http://www.tailpig.com/AsciiDraw/)

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2010, 02:16:37 pm »

(Hey, try using this to make maps and stuff: http://www.tailpig.com/AsciiDraw/)
I am horribly compy illiterate.. i am lucky when can turn it on.. i am lucky when a post doesn't disappear into some wormhole.. hell i suck at cut and pasting..  i sucked at it in kindergarten as well. heh  8)

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2010, 02:29:52 pm »

A Note edited my crappy map.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2010, 02:38:21 pm »

((Bodulf decides to ignore the unexpected development. He thinks it was probably just Seth and Torrin messing around earlier...))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2010, 02:41:39 pm »

OOC: Well, I would respond to Ianna, but she appears to run off. So...

Talk with the old crone about medicine.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2010, 02:50:44 pm »

OOC: Well, I would respond to Ianna, but she appears to run off. So...

Talk with the old crone about medicine.

You turn back around after watching Bodulf and Ianna walk over the hill to the south..  Seth and Torrin have cleaned up most of the mess on the floor... Matilda has stopped scolding the youngsters.. and begun new preparations on the back workbench.  As you approach, as if she has eyes hidden in the back of that grey mane of unkept hair.. "Yes.. yes.. what is it that you need Vladimir?" her voice is short and cracking and she continues working mortar and pestle.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2010, 02:53:26 pm »

"What are you making?"

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2010, 03:01:09 pm »

"What are you making?"
"Ahh, yes.. yes.. what am i making heh.." well, i am making the poultice for Fredrich's wound ..  you know how it gets sometimes.. it is a combination of blue moss, salt and a paste made from cow urine.. see <she shows you the mixture on the end of the pestle> .. it helps with 'the nitting of the blood' you see?" She smiles at you.. not many ask her about her crafts.. <12> You gather that she is proud and happy that you are asking her questions and not blowing her off as a crazy lady or evil.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2010, 03:03:58 pm »

OOC: What wound? And what does nitting mean?

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2010, 03:09:45 pm »

OOC: What wound? And what does nitting mean?

(( Fredrich.. the leader of your clan has a wound that is still not fully healed, even after many years it remains... leading from the bridge of his nose to his right ear.. he lost the eye. It is in the post a few pages back about some of the villagers.))  'nitting' is the term used by Matilda to define coagulation, i don't think that coagulation is a word matilda would use.))

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2010, 03:24:57 pm »

Reply "Ah, so it stops the bleeding. That could be useful..."

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2010, 03:35:35 pm »

Reply "Ah, so it stops the bleeding. That could be useful..."
the old lady wrinkles her nose, pushes a stray strand of hair out of her face.. and replies "Ya... it is a potent brew.. the Blue Moss and <chuckles> cow piss is easy to come by..  salt on the other hand.. not so much." <16> You know where a great patch of blue moss is to be found, and it's not too far away. You may have to ask about making piss into paste, but you think there must be some binder agent involved.  Salt is hard to come by in such a wet, cold and humid climate, so far away from the sea. The last you have seen of it was brought to Sundin via a trade a few moons back. Since you live in such a cold climate, there is not much need for it as a preserving agent. Most fresh kills are hung in nearby trees and then buried under large rocks in the snow to keep scavengers away.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2010, 04:03:15 pm »

"So how do you have the paste?"

Yarnspinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2010, 04:22:13 pm »

"So how do you have the paste?"
"Oh, well you see.. um.. here just hold this fer a quick second <thrusts mortar and pestle into your hands, and starts rummaging through a small -oaken bin-> Here, here is it is!" she exclaims, as she produces a small vial with a cork stopper.. here, here take this..  it is ground atake root. "You add just pinch of this here powder to a cup of urine..  and grind it up so.. <she motions vigorously> and a pinch of salt as it begins to thicken.. and finally.. the powder of Blue Moss.. the more moss is in the mixture the more powerful the effect.. but take care young man.. to much blue moss can be deadly." <she shows you some proper amounts based on body weight and severity of wound, she also tells you that a prefabricated poultice will last for a maximum of 2 weeks before it begins to loose potency>
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2010, 07:37:55 pm »

Tarn woke in shock, it indeed has been a strange dream he was having but it seems his battle with Jortmund was nothing more than fantasy. Seeing the sun shining very brightly he leapt to his feet and quickly put on a fur tunic and thick woolen trousers. Picking up his two daggers and a skinning knife Tarn wandered outside wondering where his friends could be and if he had not missed the call for the hunt.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19