Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655140 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4575 on: August 10, 2016, 08:36:17 pm »

And it all just seems to be mount and blade warband again except with funny names and a horrifically longer gameplay time thanks to all the extra land.
It just seems like the rest of the game would have been a long grind of defending cities while my marshal leads campaigns. Leveling up didn't matter, no new items to get, just 100 more towns and castles to repeatedly capture and 100 more lords to give land to.
You just summed up why I never bothered to finish any M&B campaign ever and why every damn mod I try begins to feel like the same old bloody thing 4 hours in or so.
Have you tried Phantasy Calradia? The magic stuffs really livens things up
I want to do a playthrough of Phantasy where I exterminate magic to the best of my ability.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: August 10, 2016, 11:26:15 pm »

Prophecy of Pendor is the only mod that I have played that has not caused this boredom. Lots of lategame stuff.
Really? I have to confess I mostly looked away from fantasy mods because that's not what I'm looking for when I play M&B and I really doubt anything but our Bannerlord and savior descending on earth to separate the innocent from the sinner and pass judgement on us all can fix the problems Warband has.
But then again, I can't remember Bay12 ever disappointing me, so I'll be sure to try those out whenever I feel like getting into another warband binge.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: August 11, 2016, 12:37:38 am »

Phantasy is hard as balls.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: August 11, 2016, 01:44:03 am »

Too easy to game. Fireballs wreck shit. Eldritch knights (top tier elven units) get fireballs and are AFAIK about as good as nordic veterans in melee.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: August 11, 2016, 06:07:08 am »

-nicemods snip-

Yes I have and it was fun but still didn't hold my attention like PoP does.
I wish I could at /least/ run Perisno :/ The loading time hangs up just at the start. I'm able to load the main menu but anything past that and making a new game (even before the character generation screen) is all lag and hanging. :c Wish there was something to do about that.
I'm at least happy I can download the More Women mod because Sword Sisters are awesome! \o/ (And they FINALLY have good vocals! Although RPing them as silent also brings another idea altogether.)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: August 11, 2016, 08:19:38 am »

Too easy to game. Fireballs wreck shit. Eldritch knights (top tier elven units) get fireballs and are AFAIK about as good as nordic veterans in melee.
This, basically. It does up the difficulty (fucking 1000+ troop lords ugh) but it gives you plenty of tools to even the odds. Fireballs are one of the better ones, they fuck sieges over amazingly. Also, magic missiles are hilariously awesome. Especially when you get the upgraded one that can throw 50+ at once. From horseback.
Also, healing yourself with priest powers is great.

Really the only thing I dislike about it is that it doesn't have Diplomacy built in and I think its now started doing that damn thing Floris does where you can't retreat from a battle, ever.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: August 11, 2016, 03:25:19 pm »

Fireball? Try 30 magic missiles per throw :)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: August 13, 2016, 12:03:04 pm »

If we're talking about mods, I'll step in to recommend Solid & Shade. It's amazingly detailed story wise and has a ton of content. I'd elaborate but I'm on mobile.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: August 13, 2016, 12:47:39 pm »

If we're talking about mods, I'll step in to recommend Solid & Shade. It's amazingly detailed story wise and has a ton of content. I'd elaborate but I'm on mobile.
Seconding, but it's a M&B, not Warband mod. You can get it working with Warband easily, but there will be inconsequential errordumps in the logs. Also, content warning: mild edginess.

I made a enviro art submod based off of Polished Landscapes for it BTW, if you're interested.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: August 13, 2016, 01:05:25 pm »

Also, content warning: mild edginess.
On a scale of movie venom Spiderman to Shadow the hedgehog, how edgy is it?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: August 13, 2016, 01:22:24 pm »

From the mod's creator -
"Consider a world where Christianity does not exist, in a late dark ages setting, where the gods are actually active forces in the world. Throw in all of Poe's stuff, and european folklore - and you have a more well-informed society, even at the lower levels who don't just believe in higher powers - many have seen them. Not to mention the dark powers of the Necromancers beginning to spread their plague across the world..."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: August 13, 2016, 01:23:57 pm »

Well, the basic conceit is that you're playing a necromancer with all the bells and whistles (although you're free to subvert it in a number of ways, especially in the latest release where you're allowed to play hero), and there are abundant very direct Poe references among others.

It still plays as open-ended as vanilla, so you're not forced to do anything, and even in the shamelessly villainous route, you're not explicitly doing much worse ethically than you could in vanilla, unless you count graverobbing as much worse than premeditated murder. That you might use their corpses and organs to create an army of zombies and demons is just tangential. For me it's more mildly amusing at some lapses in self-awareness than irritating, so I'd say Venom.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: August 13, 2016, 09:35:14 pm »

What's the acronym of Mount and Blade? MB, M&B, or MaB?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: August 13, 2016, 09:47:24 pm »

M&B, and M&B:W for Warband

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: August 13, 2016, 11:21:40 pm »

Well, the basic conceit is that you're playing a necromancer with all the bells and whistles (although you're free to subvert it in a number of ways, especially in the latest release where you're allowed to play hero), and there are abundant very direct Poe references among others.

It still plays as open-ended as vanilla, so you're not forced to do anything, and even in the shamelessly villainous route, you're not explicitly doing much worse ethically than you could in vanilla, unless you count graverobbing as much worse than premeditated murder. That you might use their corpses and organs to create an army of zombies and demons is just tangential. For me it's more mildly amusing at some lapses in self-awareness than irritating, so I'd say Venom.
Where do you get these mods. @_@ Is M&B/:W being updated in their versions as of late? Because all of mine are downloaded and such.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 310