Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655132 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #4560 on: March 31, 2016, 10:54:58 am »

The display colour is light blue, and yeah it's a pain to find them. The fact that they can go from one side of the map to the other while you're busy buying bread and cabbages doesn't help.
Still better than the quest with capturing spies. The one that arbitrarily makes you wait, while the guy you're supposed to follow sanics away, is basically untrackable, and unless I'm mistaken, the whole thing is on timer.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: March 31, 2016, 12:47:20 pm »

What are these "quests" you speak of? I only know of one quest, and that is to murderloot everything with a red outline.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: March 31, 2016, 10:13:15 pm »

The display colour is light blue, and yeah it's a pain to find them. The fact that they can go from one side of the map to the other while you're busy buying bread and cabbages doesn't help.
Still better than the quest with capturing spies. The one that arbitrarily makes you wait, while the guy you're supposed to follow sanics away, is basically untrackable, and unless I'm mistaken, the whole thing is on timer.
What are these "quests" you speak of? I only know of one quest, and that is to murderloot everything with a red outline.
Agreed on both counts.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: April 04, 2016, 03:20:13 pm »

I don't know if this is just me or even if it's been going on and I never noticed it; but recently my performance in Warband has gone to shit. It's pretty weird considering I can play FO4 on high in a crowded Sanctuary Hills (charisma builds 4 lyfe) with only minimum hiccups, but Warband has constant screen tearing and stutter when I'm in empty taverns.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: April 28, 2016, 09:36:32 pm »

There was an interview done by RPS that might interest you guys.

E3 feels too far away. I want to know moooore.

E: Wow fail I thought I posted this in the actual bannerlord topic. Oh well.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:12:23 pm by OzyTheSage »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: April 29, 2016, 04:06:55 pm »

You CAN track the spy, I don't know if you need a high tracking skill but you can. But the bandits you may never get a chance to see them.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: August 08, 2016, 05:09:08 pm »

So I've been trying Brytenwalda again and I'm really trying to find something that appeals to me, but it's hard. All the new mechanics are just ways to make the game harder and they only affect you, making me want to turn all of them off. There doesn't seem to be a point to things such as a build-able outpost or wagon as they are horribly expensive and can be lost easily. The outpost doesn't even seem that useful. And it all just seems to be mount and blade warband again except with funny names and a horrifically longer gameplay time thanks to all the extra land.

What makes brytenwalda awesome? Is there a late game I am missing? Any major goals or quests? I tried to see if I could restore roman culture but that was just a dead end....

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: August 08, 2016, 07:16:03 pm »

So I've been trying Brytenwalda again and I'm really trying to find something that appeals to me, but it's hard. All the new mechanics are just ways to make the game harder and they only affect you, making me want to turn all of them off. There doesn't seem to be a point to things such as a build-able outpost or wagon as they are horribly expensive and can be lost easily. The outpost doesn't even seem that useful. And it all just seems to be mount and blade warband again except with funny names and a horrifically longer gameplay time thanks to all the extra land.

What makes brytenwalda awesome? Is there a late game I am missing? Any major goals or quests? I tried to see if I could restore roman culture but that was just a dead end....

Brytenwalda is meant to be played as a lord of faction and not a faction leader from what I can tell (IE from what I can tell from having tried becoming Brytenwalda for 60-70 hours or so.)  Try that instead of becoming a king.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: August 08, 2016, 07:28:54 pm »

Brytenwalda is meant to be played as a lord of faction and not a faction leader from what I can tell (IE from what I can tell from having tried becoming Brytenwalda for 60-70 hours or so.)  Try that instead of becoming a king.

Well the farthest I've gotten is declaring my own faction once I got my hands on 5 cities and expanded from there. It just seems like the rest of the game would have been a long grind of defending cities while my marshal leads campaigns. Leveling up didn't matter, no new items to get, just 100 more towns and castles to repeatedly capture and 100 more lords to give land to.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: August 08, 2016, 09:38:39 pm »

Well the farthest I've gotten is declaring my own faction once I got my hands on 5 cities and expanded from there. It just seems like the rest of the game would have been a long grind of defending cities while my marshal leads campaigns. Leveling up didn't matter, no new items to get, just 100 more towns and castles to repeatedly capture and 100 more lords to give land to.

Yeah, pretty much. Until your kingdom collapses because everyone hates you despite haven given them more titles than God.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: August 09, 2016, 07:31:37 am »

And it all just seems to be mount and blade warband again except with funny names and a horrifically longer gameplay time thanks to all the extra land.
It just seems like the rest of the game would have been a long grind of defending cities while my marshal leads campaigns. Leveling up didn't matter, no new items to get, just 100 more towns and castles to repeatedly capture and 100 more lords to give land to.
You just summed up why I never bothered to finish any M&B campaign ever and why every damn mod I try begins to feel like the same old bloody thing 4 hours in or so.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: August 09, 2016, 07:45:55 am »

funny names
Don't insult them irish!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: August 09, 2016, 11:28:11 am »

And it all just seems to be mount and blade warband again except with funny names and a horrifically longer gameplay time thanks to all the extra land.
It just seems like the rest of the game would have been a long grind of defending cities while my marshal leads campaigns. Leveling up didn't matter, no new items to get, just 100 more towns and castles to repeatedly capture and 100 more lords to give land to.
You just summed up why I never bothered to finish any M&B campaign ever and why every damn mod I try begins to feel like the same old bloody thing 4 hours in or so.

Prophecy of Pendor is the only mod that I have played that has not caused this boredom. Lots of lategame stuff.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: August 10, 2016, 06:04:24 am »

Have you tried Phantasy Calradia? The magic stuffs really livens things up
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: August 10, 2016, 07:52:58 pm »

Have you tried Phantasy Calradia? The magic stuffs really livens things up

Yes I have and it was fun but still didn't hold my attention like PoP does.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 310