Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655846 times)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3360 on: June 12, 2014, 02:42:59 am »

So as I understand it, Gekokujo 3.0 replaced all the awesome Touhou music?  Especially the title screen.  I loved that titlescreen music.  What's new in 3.0 that makes it worth downloading now that one of my favorite parts is gone?

Also, I'm sniffing around for new mods, too, but a lot of the ones I grab are buggy and weird, possibly due to version conflicts or something.  That one Indian/West-Asia mod with the long and a-bit-incomprehensible name never works, and Shot and Shell, which I just downloaded, seems to be kinda derpy in that I chargenned in a 100% vanilla-M&B manner, but reload and fired my crossbow with rifle sfx.  It's not the Neo GK Native-edit pack-thing I got, right?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: June 12, 2014, 02:55:55 am »

The music would be easily changeable. Keep the older version, navigate to the music folder in both version
(mountblade warband\Modules\gekokujo\Music) and copy and paste the music from the old version into the music folder of the new version. The name of the music files will be the same because the game checks the name for the appropriate music to play in specific instances.

As for changes, there are buildable forts for temporary defence, agents/ninja to help open gates during attacks (from that, apparently castles have gates to block your entry now), ranged Ashigaru are now a mix of archers and gunners.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: June 12, 2014, 06:25:29 am »

Gekokujo 3.0 released

Amazing news !
I was waiting eagerly this one, the past versions had some really great time.

edit : after my first contact with the new version (interesting little backstory with the starting "merchant"), i decided to join Lord Daidoji of the Hojo clan as a retainer.
After a while, i had an audience with him while we were patrolling and asked him what the clan was doing.
He replied that they were going to besiege a castle, but we weren't going there.
Then i asked him what his army (from which i was a part of) was doing and he tells me there was this fair lady in whatever town/castle and it was where we were going, as he "didn't knew where was the lords army"
Yeah sure, that made me smile :D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:47:29 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: June 12, 2014, 06:35:44 am »

For fantasy, you have Warsword Conquest, it's themed on Warhammer, full of dwarves, goblins, skavens, trolls, orgres, elves, chaos, tomb kings and humans and probably more i'm forgetting.
You don't need to know anything about Warhammer fortunately, and it's rather well done.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145937.0.html

The next update of it should be fantastic too, as i have noticed some screenshots about reworked towns:

http://gauntletmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/karaz-exterior-2.jpg
http://gauntletmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Middenheim-WIP3.jpg

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: June 14, 2014, 11:30:10 am »

If you're looking for a bit of magic in your Warband, Phantasy Calradia adds a bit of high fantasy feel. It recently made the map about twice as large, so it could fit the drow, orcs, mages, elves, undead, dwarves, and religious nutjobs without crowding the native factions.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,333.0.html

Hasn't heard anything from the creator in a week, though that may partially be due to their servers going down for a while.

The Prophecy of Pendor FAQ has me downloading the mod:

Note from the Dev Team:  This guide is by Treebeard, fiendish inventor of Vicky, the new Virtual Intelligence, who has made it necessary for the Dev Team to invest in large quantities of Vaseline before a battle with any group of significant importance, because we knew we'd need it!  She's whipped us like a red-headed stepchild on numerous occasions, and if you skip reading Treebeard's guide, you will shortly find yourselves in BIG trouble.  Luckily, though the game starts with Formations turned on, you can turn off Formations in the camp menu if Vicky proves too much for you, particularly if you are not an experienced player.  We also advise that, since no one but the Dev Team has played with Vicky activated, even quite experienced players reduce difficulty levels in your games initially until you get to know her better.  (We did.)  She's a whole new animal!  Players new to M&B Warband and inexperienced players BEWARE!  Please read Treebeard's guide which follows or you will definitely come to grief when Vicky gets hold of you!
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: June 14, 2014, 01:24:53 pm »

wow, that's a really good rendition of the city of the white wolf.  Not picture perfect or anything, but pretty amazing considering the constraints of the game.

And it looks like their world map isnt just the Empire, or even the Old World, but includes Ulthuan for the High Elves, and Naggaroth for the Slann.

It's a little concerning that it might be *too* ambitious, and things are likely to be less complete than if they had focused on a more compact region... but it does look pretty cool.  Will have to check this out.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: June 14, 2014, 02:52:06 pm »

For fantasy, you have Warsword Conquest, it's themed on Warhammer, full of dwarves, goblins, skavens, trolls, orgres, elves, chaos, tomb kings and humans and probably more i'm forgetting.
You don't need to know anything about Warhammer fortunately, and it's rather well done.

The only real problem is that the vanilla factions tend to get devoured by the large numbers of the Warhammer factions.  Granted, many of the Warhammer factions don't have horses, but the vanilla factions are just overwhelmed in autobattles.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: June 14, 2014, 04:28:08 pm »

vanilla factions ? you mean the ones from Native ?
Last time i played (last week) , Warhammer Conquest didn't featured any of the vanilla faction ?

That said, the mounted (on a squig) night goblins are hilariously fast in battle.
the main weak point of Warhammer Conquest to me is there are really too few bandits or neutral roaming on what is a gigantic map, and in some huge sections of the map there's simply none to fight there.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:30:56 pm by Robsoie »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: June 14, 2014, 04:52:59 pm »

I think hes confusing Warhammer and Phantasy Calradia
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: June 15, 2014, 07:53:18 pm »

Note from the Dev Team:  This guide is by Treebeard, fiendish inventor of Vicky, the new Virtual Intelligence, who has made it necessary for the Dev Team to invest in large quantities of Vaseline before a battle with any group of significant importance, because we knew we'd need it!  She's whipped us like a red-headed stepchild on numerous occasions, and if you skip reading Treebeard's guide, you will shortly find yourselves in BIG trouble.  Luckily, though the game starts with Formations turned on, you can turn off Formations in the camp menu if Vicky proves too much for you, particularly if you are not an experienced player.  We also advise that, since no one but the Dev Team has played with Vicky activated, even quite experienced players reduce difficulty levels in your games initially until you get to know her better.  (We did.)  She's a whole new animal!  Players new to M&B Warband and inexperienced players BEWARE!  Please read Treebeard's guide which follows or you will definitely come to grief when Vicky gets hold of you!

read the big faq thing about this ai. it really interests me but the fantasy setting of this mod doesnt, do you happen to know if this ai is shared between any of the other mods?

Also i played gekokujo, good fun but there's sooo many factions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: June 15, 2014, 07:57:22 pm »

read the big faq thing about this ai. it really interests me but the fantasy setting of this mod doesnt, do you happen to know if this ai is shared between any of the other mods?

Also i played gekokujo, good fun but there's sooo many factions.

I don't know if it has the same thing, but Silverstag definitely has some improved AI that makes use of formations and sometimes tries to flank you.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: June 15, 2014, 09:13:02 pm »

So steering the discussion into completely different waters. Has anyone tried Caribbean yet?

It seems to be the same folks that did With Fire and Sword working on making a hybrid of Sid Meier's Pirates! and Mount and Blade. Personally I've been wanting for such a combination since I've played both and find myself rather optimistic.

Sadly it's currently in Early Access on Steam and due to Valve's awful handling of the concept I've been trying to stay away from those games until their true release dates (if that even happens).
Feedback on the Steam forums seems rather mixed but the Steam "community" is one of the worst I've had the displeasure of viewing so it's hard to gauge any real feedback on the quality of the title from there.

nearlyNonexistent

• Bay Watcher
  • "What for, robbery?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: June 15, 2014, 09:14:31 pm »

Any idea why Floris 255 would result in all the cities and castles disappearing after I finish the tutorial questline?
Famous for stupidity and humor.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: June 15, 2014, 09:17:03 pm »

It's one I'll be watching.  Doesn't look like it's reached a state where I'll be willing to buy it yet.  Consensus I've seen from players is that aside from the ship battles (shooting cannons and stuff, not boarding), it's otherwise just a decent quality mod at the moment.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: June 15, 2014, 09:21:08 pm »

Any idea why Floris 255 would result in all the cities and castles disappearing after I finish the tutorial questline?

Did you accidentally turn on Fog of War?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 310