Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655810 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #3390 on: June 17, 2014, 05:23:10 pm »

There is a reason Powerstrike, for instance, is capped at 10 - I, inspired by Stefender, made a Barbarian Hero/cheat-ass character in Native with maxed out STR/AGI skills. The result was a guy who could quite easily KICK PEOPLE TO DEATH, through armor and all.
You use way too many commas.

I've done this too though. It's quite hilarious. They don't actually die, IIRC. They faint and become prisoner material.

It's the same if you punch them.
Yeah, blunt damage doesn't kill people, as a rule I think.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: June 17, 2014, 05:24:44 pm »

There is a reason Powerstrike, for instance, is capped at 10 - I, inspired by Stefender, made a Barbarian Hero/cheat-ass character in Native with maxed out STR/AGI skills. The result was a guy who could quite easily KICK PEOPLE TO DEATH, through armor and all.
You use way too many commas.

I've done this too though. It's quite hilarious. They don't actually die, IIRC. They faint and become prisoner material.

It's the same if you punch them.
Yeah, blunt damage doesn't kill people, as a rule I think.
You would be correct!  All blunt types of damage just knock people unconscious.  It's actually quite hilarious using a giant two handed mace, smashing it into someone's face, and then seeing "Farmer has been knocked unconscious!"

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: June 17, 2014, 05:33:45 pm »

I used 'kill' as a mental shorthand for 'incapacitate'.

As a side note, the game actually does not differentiate a kick from a punch, as far as damage is considered.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: June 17, 2014, 05:40:22 pm »

You can give a try to the Blood&Steel mod, the barbarian class can one shot a lot of the enemies by design from the start and after leveling a lot it's nearly everything that he can one shot (though i have not played the latest 1.6 version to see if it has changed).

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: June 17, 2014, 06:32:29 pm »

Word of warning... touranemts in blood and steel are pretty much DragonBall Z levels of flailing about as 2-3 strong fighters stronger than the rest fight it out by zipping all over the arena while oneshottable cannon fodder skitters around.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: June 17, 2014, 07:57:26 pm »

Word of warning... touranemts in blood and steel are pretty much DragonBall Z levels of flailing about as 2-3 strong fighters stronger than the rest fight it out by zipping all over the arena while oneshottable cannon fodder skitters around.

THAT. SOUNDS. AWESOME.

Seriously, that's like 80% of my Floris experience, seeing how I tend to edit my character data to 1000 str and agi :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: June 17, 2014, 08:00:13 pm »

THAT. SOUNDS. AWESOME.

Seriously, that's like 80% of my Floris experience, seeing how I tend to edit my character data to 1000 str and agi :P

I put my agi to 500 once, I swore to never do it again.  How do you even manage 1,000!?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: June 17, 2014, 08:25:40 pm »

The same way I manage being mounted on a courser?

That's pretty close to what the speed is, except in all directions instead of just forward.

Indeed, I do this.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: June 17, 2014, 08:33:58 pm »

...  Could've sworn it was higher, I remember pressing the forward key and flying up a cliff into the air, and being unable to hit anything because I could do anything but overshoot the enemies.  Luckily I had a bow, but I digress (now I'm curious if I put it to 500 or 5,000. >_>  Must try this again when I'm at home later).

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: June 18, 2014, 01:18:06 am »

Yeah 1000 is about the highest you can reasonably go.

I once made the mistake of putting it at one MILLION.

Instant crash

Indeed, I do this.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: June 18, 2014, 02:34:57 am »

I actually did 10,000 once. It was like having NoClip on.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: June 18, 2014, 02:40:38 am »

Ugh, downloaded the Phantasy mod and am not happy. Had to restart the game 3 times to find out that apparently arm strength affects how much damage magic attacks do >_>, that getting ambushed as a mage is instant death, and that the chances of you winning any tournaments as a strict mage is low.

Now to mention they somehow bugged the combat. I hold a shield up and start taking damage from hits when the enemy is not swinging (confirmed that no one was behind me with range attacks). And time speed up in this mod now lags the game, there is even a slight bit of lag in just normal walking, making avoiding things that will slaughter you that much harder. And finally, I picked up an adept staff but for some reason cannot charge it.

I hope they are updating this heavily and optimizing it, as the idea of magic is cool.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: June 18, 2014, 05:35:02 am »

Ugh, downloaded the Phantasy mod and am not happy. Had to restart the game 3 times to find out that apparently arm strength affects how much damage magic attacks do >_>, that getting ambushed as a mage is instant death, and that the chances of you winning any tournaments as a strict mage is low.

Now to mention they somehow bugged the combat. I hold a shield up and start taking damage from hits when the enemy is not swinging (confirmed that no one was behind me with range attacks). And time speed up in this mod now lags the game, there is even a slight bit of lag in just normal walking, making avoiding things that will slaughter you that much harder. And finally, I picked up an adept staff but for some reason cannot charge it.

I hope they are updating this heavily and optimizing it, as the idea of magic is cool.

The first thing is a given, as you are a Squishy Wizard. Investing heavily in Magic Power, Magic Defense and other support skills makes it harder to become a direct combatant, but you will get oodles of skill points from all the Intelligence you're dumping into the character, and if you start mounted, you can easily run circles around most things while pelting them with a few well placed spells.

You can toss some into Strength to raise your Power Throw levels, but I generally consider that a secondary goal due to wanting to max out as many other support skills based on Intelligence as possible. Blasting apart a siege almost single handedly in two casts of a Fireball is a bit more useful to me, but early battles are more affected by your Magic Missile and Missile Storm use.

I haven't experienced any of the bugs you mentioned personally; you may want to make a post on their TaleWorlds forums board to see if someone else is having similar issues, or if the creator has any known bugs of the sort. I would also see if it's just this mod doing it. If so, try redownloading it from a different location.

THAT. SOUNDS. AWESOME.

I put my agi to 500 once, I swore to never do it again.  How do you even manage 1,000!?

I didn't even realize they went that high... I usually cheat by giving myself at maximum 15 in all stats and maxed out Pathfinder skill, and that's about it. Now I don't feel quite as bad, but I have a feeling this is how the Phantasy Calradia mod made the Three Immortals a thing.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:41:08 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: June 18, 2014, 05:40:11 am »

Well I downloaded the new version too, and the only one of those problems I had was the annoying time speed one. Although I have gotten the staff charge not animating one, but it still works mechanics wise.

Other things to note: Fireball requires 5 magic power to copy to spellbook, and can't be used while mounted. Spent a LOOONG time wondering why I couldn't use it :P

As for the tourneys, pretty much so long as you know how to do those, it doesn't matter how crap your stats are. Once you figure out how to counter the different loadouts with what you're given you get in a lock to win.

Also, I think bards might be kinda OP, seeing as they can just camp out in a city and earn theoretically limitless moneys.

Oh, and yes they are updating and optimizing, last version I played necromancy wasn't automatic, it cost RENOWN to use of all things, and all spells were just fancy throwing weapons, not a full on system.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:41:53 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: June 18, 2014, 05:47:50 am »

Well I downloaded the new version too, and the only one of those problems I had was the annoying time speed one. Although I have gotten the staff charge not animating one, but it still works mechanics wise.

Other things to note: Fireball requires 5 magic power to copy to spellbook, and can't be used while mounted. Spent a LOOONG time wondering why I couldn't use it :P

As for the tourneys, pretty much so long as you know how to do those, it doesn't matter how crap your stats are. Once you figure out how to counter the different loadouts with what you're given you get in a lock to win.

Also, I think bards might be kinda OP, seeing as they can just camp out in a city and earn theoretically limitless moneys.

Oh, and yes they are updating and optimizing, last version I played necromancy wasn't automatic, it cost RENOWN to use of all things, and all spells were just fancy throwing weapons, not a full on system.

Regarding the time speed thing, there is a module.ini file in the mod's folder that allows you to set it to a different value in order to slow things back down to .25 rather than .5 speed. I believe it is something along the lines of the Time Multiplier line, though I don't have access to my computer to confirm. This will slow everything down on the world map, though I believe he sped it up after expanding the map by about twice as much as vanilla M&B.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 310