Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657415 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2850 on: February 18, 2013, 04:21:12 am »

But then they turn into Hero Adventurers...  I've had 15-20 of them (fluctuates) for a while now, and they kick the shit out of everything, including knights.  Even special order knights.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: February 18, 2013, 04:41:37 am »

Killing low level chaff doesn't really give them enough experience to get to Hero Adventurer level, I'm afraid. He'd just seen outings vs small bandit parties/snake cult groups, poor guy.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: February 18, 2013, 05:13:59 am »

Yeah.  They're not a troop you'll be able to build up until late game.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: February 18, 2013, 05:23:11 am »

Pendor also has an 'achievement' for cheating 3 times while in battles. It prevents you from ever winning.
I believe all it does is disable achievements for that character.

You can still "win".

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: February 18, 2013, 06:21:50 am »

Quoting from the Prophesy of Pendor thread on the MnB forums,
Cheater achievement rewritten (cheating three times will trigger it, and it doesn't disable other achievements, only their rewards)
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: February 18, 2013, 08:34:31 am »

How are you suppose to play a character as an outlaw that has negative reputation? I can't recruit anyone and eventually all the lords will be after me.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: February 18, 2013, 08:39:36 am »

How are you suppose to play a character as an outlaw that has negative reputation? I can't recruit anyone and eventually all the lords will be after me.

That sounds like outlaw life.

Depends on the mod you are using, if its just vanilla, you want to have at least 1 faction you dont raid, just so you have a safe place to recruit/sell stuff.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: February 18, 2013, 01:28:27 pm »

The Brytenwalda salt mine sucks. I'm pretty sure I spend more on the guards watching the place than I gain from the prisoners held there. I'll just sell the prisoners at a ransom broker and use the guards to capture more people.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: February 18, 2013, 02:11:57 pm »

The Brytenwalda salt mine sucks. I'm pretty sure I spend more on the guards watching the place than I gain from the prisoners held there. I'll just sell the prisoners at a ransom broker and use the guards to capture more people.

Not to mention the constant penalties just for being there.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: February 18, 2013, 02:45:58 pm »

easiest way I found to make some quick cash in bryt is buying salt/ores/whatevs in villages, you can usually make a few hundred per item.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: February 18, 2013, 04:11:48 pm »

STILL haven't taken Laria or got that damn armor.  DAMNIT SARLEON!
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: February 18, 2013, 04:32:11 pm »

So.... Started a new player who was suppose to have lived a hard life and struggled his way to the top, won a tournament in the first city I entered, and won the best armor in the game right off the bat (Brytenwalda). So much for a challenge.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: February 18, 2013, 10:17:51 pm »

easiest way I found to make some quick cash in bryt is buying salt/ores/whatevs in villages, you can usually make a few hundred per item.
I make my money by slavery. Even near-useless low-tier bandits like morths are worth over 100 gold (because I don't remember how to spell Brytenwalda's currency) each. On top of this, lots of low-tier units from towns and villages have blunt weapons so you can just nab those guys and unleash a horde upon the bandits, gaining plenty of new, breathing investments. I've made enough to buy a boat and a lair (40000 total) in 100 days and maintain a ~2500 gold army constantly, with some stimulus from tournaments of course.

On that note, how do you increase your prisoner capacity?

So.... Started a new player who was suppose to have lived a hard life and struggled his way to the top, won a tournament in the first city I entered, and won the best armor in the game right off the bat (Brytenwalda). So much for a challenge.
I've gotten a few swords from the tournaments. I kept the first and gave the others to my companions. I've yet to win anything else.

My other special gear includes the golden helmet from the hero in the sacred grove and the shield from one of the bandits in the cave. I think I got an axe or something from one of the cave bandits too, but I threw it out at the market because I didn't need it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:20:52 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: February 18, 2013, 10:19:14 pm »

Prisoner Management skill on your leaderman, unless Brytenwalda is REALLY REALLY different.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: February 18, 2013, 10:21:51 pm »

Prisoner Management skill on your leaderman, unless Brytenwalda is REALLY REALLY different.
Brytenwalda cut the prisoner management skill unless my character screen is lying to me. It also cut the horse archery skill, which suddenly makes shooting on a horse damn near impossible...
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 310