Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657382 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2835 on: February 16, 2013, 02:40:52 pm »

I kinda feel that my progress in PoP stopped so i would like some suggestions.
I'm playing an Int char and can currently field 90~ troops, mostly rangers and Saerlon halberdiers but recently recruited adventurers. Mercenary status, but considering joining Ravenstern.
To progress I think i need gems, but to get that i need to whittle the special armies down by pulling lots of lords on them. managed to do that to Eyegrim before i read that he can't be captured so no gem.
To befriend the noldor I would need to beat a 280 strong army, which steamrolls me.

I've still only found three qualis gems.  There is one you can get for free hiding in a chest in some hay in Rane.  The other two I was just lucky to happen across a couple major battles between groups of lords and an army.

So... I beat back the massive Ravenstern offensive.  I picked off a few hundred troops just harassing out in the field before the siege.  Then I held up inside Marleon with roughly 150 troops vs 1500.  I personally claimed about 200 of the 900 enemies slain over the course of two siege battles, and most of those were from stabbing repeatedly over the heads of my allies into the ladder after running out of arrows.  Got over 100 renown for that.  Only lost about 30 troops.  Feels good.  Now to hunt down the weakened prey.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: February 16, 2013, 03:26:34 pm »

I tried Pendore once, but never really played as I never managed to really start. The "hero" of the tutorial quest one-shotting my soldiers and killing my 40 militia and me alone frustrated me quite a bit. And having knights even more unbalanced than Native.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: February 16, 2013, 03:43:29 pm »

What "hero" of the turtorial quest? The "tutorial" quest is grab like 5 dudes, go get the merchants family back, and you're done.

You can't even BRING 40 militia to the hide-out.

Anyway, my main goal in Pendor is to grab the Laria area and the castles around it. That seems fairly defendable, and I can launch attacks on the Empire, Ravens, and the buggers I took it from if I want to.

Oh, and Salmon? You can turn companions into Lords for your side. That's why I grab like, 10 campanions from the beginning and level them up over the course of the game, then turn them into Lords when I'm my own King.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:45:05 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: February 16, 2013, 03:52:10 pm »

What "hero" of the turtorial quest? The "tutorial" quest is grab like 5 dudes, go get the merchants family back, and you're done.

You can't even BRING 40 militia to the hide-out.

Anyway, my main goal in Pendor is to grab the Laria area and the castles around it. That seems fairly defendable, and I can launch attacks on the Empire, Ravens, and the buggers I took it from if I want to.

Oh, and Salmon? You can turn companions into Lords for your side. That's why I grab like, 10 campanions from the beginning and level them up over the course of the game, then turn them into Lords when I'm my own King.

Thinking about it.  I've been leveling up my companions for combat all this time, and they're pretty strong now.  I'd hate to give them up, and I'm not sure they'd make very effective vassals.  There are a couple that might.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: February 16, 2013, 05:04:20 pm »

In Pendor a few of those companions become lords with special units. The goal would then be to max out their leadership score and give them lots of forts so you get armies of superunits.

There are also a few lords with similar superunits you can't get anywhere else. You can't even recruit them in any way. I always try to get those guys on my side.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: February 16, 2013, 05:47:13 pm »

You gotta gather 5 guys, then fight 4 bandits, including a hero ('Robber' in native, and he's weak), which will tell you where the hideout is.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: February 16, 2013, 05:50:57 pm »

Ohhhhh. That guys fairly easy if you have a range-weapon. Just smack him from behind while he's got his shield up, and if you have a lance already, that's even better!
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: February 17, 2013, 07:21:39 pm »

I hate Sarleon sooo much.  So eager to wipe them out.  All they've had for forever is the cities of Laria and Sarleon.  They've constantly been at war with at least two people.  Their villages are perma-sacked.  Somehow they just won't die.  Those two cities are each garrisoned with nearly 1000 troops, and Sarleon Armored Longbowmen are the bane of my existence.  Those things have caused me more trouble than every other troop in the game combined.  Arrows from any other troop takes 10% of my health at most, while they take half.  They are also one of very few troops that usually takes two arrows to bring down.  Nobody can take those cities from them.  I tried sieging Laria with about 600 troops for a week of consecutive assaults.  Brought them down to 200 defenders before I ran out of food and Ravenstern declared war on me again   >:(

I have the money and the 30 strength, I want to get in there and buy that armor from Quigfen!!!
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: February 17, 2013, 07:31:38 pm »

Ohhhhh. That guys fairly easy if you have a range-weapon. Just smack him from behind while he's got his shield up, and if you have a lance already, that's even better!
I had a weak bow which did 0 damage on him, so not working. He didn't even had a shield, he was on foot, with a 2-handed axe, and just 1 shotting my men (and 2 for me  :-\ )

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: February 17, 2013, 07:35:35 pm »

Were you doing ride-bys or trying to go toe to toe?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: February 17, 2013, 10:19:36 pm »

are you useing a new character?
get better items and hire some good mercs
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: February 17, 2013, 10:25:46 pm »

I had a weak bow which did 0 damage on him, so not working. He didn't even had a shield, he was on foot, with a 2-handed axe, and just 1 shotting my men (and 2 for me  :-\ )

I think that's a sort of bug. One of the kingdoms has the "Robber" attached to an actually fairly high level and powerful bandit NPC that will be very difficult to take down.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: February 17, 2013, 10:29:25 pm »

Usually I take out the Heretic robber-leader by grabbing like, 15 soldiers, getting a shield and weapon (no matter what I end up using) and trying that.

The MAIN issue is that, once you have taken out the group, the kidnappers hide-out has 2-3 of the Leaders there. At least for the Heretic leader ones.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: February 17, 2013, 11:07:30 pm »

You could also just, you know, cheat to fix the bug. Ctrl f4 I think, it's good to have cheats enabled for mods due to the potential for the occasional stuck enemy preventing a battle from ending.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: February 18, 2013, 04:16:58 am »

Pendor also has an 'achievement' for cheating 3 times while in battles. It prevents you from ever winning.

Personally, I spent most of my money hiring an Adventurer when I started. He kicked the shit out of pretty much everything I met right up until I agreed to be a Mercenary for the Empire and got into a fight with a few Lords from Sarleon. Knights > Adventurers.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 310