Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657140 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2385 on: June 01, 2012, 08:49:02 pm »

I thought that's what wives were for?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: June 01, 2012, 09:26:52 pm »

Does your wife's personality have an effect? I married a woman who was sick of this man's world. She said she wanted to do adventuring like me rather than sitting in a castle.

Now she sits in my castle.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: June 01, 2012, 10:56:38 pm »

In native, I think the only thing it really affects is the poems she likes to hear.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: June 02, 2012, 05:41:17 am »

Does your wife's personality have an effect? I married a woman who was sick of this man's world. She said she wanted to do adventuring like me rather than sitting in a castle.

That is her body double.  She is really out adventuring under an assumed name.  She used you to get out from under her father/brother/uncle's watchful eye, and knows that you can't tell the difference, what with being out conquering Calradia all the time and never spending more than five minutes with your wife.  ;D

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: June 03, 2012, 07:21:18 pm »

Is it just me, or is the PoP battle AI really, really dumb? I've beaten forces that outnumbered me without any casualties simply because they thought it would be a good idea to charge their cavalry up a hill at dozens of kierguards while my rangers shot them in the back.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: June 03, 2012, 07:27:32 pm »

Nah, that's just the average intelligence of the regular Mount and Blade AI.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: June 04, 2012, 10:44:11 am »

That is her body double.  She is really out adventuring under an assumed name.  She used you to get out from under her father/brother/uncle's watchful eye, and knows that you can't tell the difference, what with being out conquering Calradia all the time and never spending more than five minutes with your wife.  ;D
Probably killed her since she was most likely one of the roaming bandits around the castle.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2392 on: June 04, 2012, 08:08:11 pm »

This game is too awesome, sometimes.

I'm taking over castles almost by myself, just using my troops as a distraction as I snipe out enemy archers and then charge up to cut some heads off at the top of the ladder/siege tower. The past couple of castles I've taken I've simply sat up on the tip of the ladder, using my two-handed sword to kill hundreds of mooks. Shame it doesn't show to a personal kill count after the fight, because I was splitting heads open with every swing. I felt super awesome.

Also, the Dark Knight invasion came in (Native Expansion feature), and decided to drop itself right down in the middle of my growing kingdom. There was an army of ~2300 against my measly 250, so I hightailed it until they separated into individual groups. For the heck of it, I decided to try to convince them to join my side, and now I've got two extra armies of 300+ on my team, because apparently my kingdom of three cities and several castles is much more appealing than a single castle that used to belong to me. Again, I felt super awesome.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: June 05, 2012, 01:13:31 am »

Shame it doesn't show to a personal kill count after the fight, because I was splitting heads open with every swing. I felt super awesome.
??? What version are you playing?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: June 05, 2012, 01:22:05 am »

Shame it doesn't show to a personal kill count after the fight, because I was splitting heads open with every swing. I felt super awesome.
What version are YOU playing? :P

It doesn't show -your- killcount with vanilla, it just shows your side's kills, which includes yours.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: June 05, 2012, 02:51:18 am »

I'm pretty sure that's not true, at least with warband.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: June 05, 2012, 04:13:35 am »

Holy balls this game is awesome. Just downloaded it this morning yesterday morning and have been playing it most of the day since. I started out absolutely terribly, but now I'm lancing my way through everything. Them Boyars ain't got nothin' on my elite 50-rider nomad horde! (Especially when I personally charge down half their army.)

Is there a Bay12 multiplayer group for this?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: June 05, 2012, 07:19:06 am »

What version are YOU playing? :P

It doesn't show -your- killcount with vanilla, it just shows your side's kills, which includes yours.

It does in Native Mod Compilation but I don't know about vanilla.

Probably killed her since she was most likely one of the roaming bandits around the castle.
Meh, I was fooling around with 5 more women while I was trying to marry her. Too bad I can't start a harem :P
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:21:13 am by Leatra »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: June 05, 2012, 09:13:48 am »

Meh, I was fooling around with 5 more women while I was trying to marry her. Too bad I can't start a harem :P
If she has more than one body double, maybe you can sleep with "twins".  Yay!

And I love Umiman's comment.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: June 05, 2012, 09:40:53 am »

If she has more than one body double, maybe you can sleep with "twins".  Yay!

And I love Umiman's comment.
Also, I think that personality makes her more likely to elope with you if her father doesn't let you storm her castle.
Hello Hunam
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 310