Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 657149 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2415 on: June 23, 2012, 09:56:50 am »

Gackt, that Floris mod. I've been trying to get it to work properly for days, but I keep running into three problems -

1. The game crashes upon entering a tournament.
2. The custom textures slowly disappear into black.
3. The skyboxes get replaced by random other textures. (Fixed by removing the new skyboxes.)

I think the second can be fixed by lowering the graphics a little to avoid running out of memory, but what's up with the first one? I haven't found a single fix for it anywhere, apart from removing the tournament changes altogether.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: June 23, 2012, 01:00:57 pm »

Try reinstalling? You might be missing the tournament specific stuff.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: June 23, 2012, 02:26:22 pm »

I just discovered extra invasion, its the darned funniest thing out there.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

moogmg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: June 23, 2012, 03:15:43 pm »

A couple of random questions about Warband, sorry if they been asked before.

1.Does were you get soldiers change after you join a faction, because I'm not even close to joining a faction and most of the villages near me are getting destroyed.
2.When can you join  a faction?
3.I captured a lord but the game wont let me ransom him,does anyone know how.
Does anyone want to trade something for Terraria on steam? Will consider most non-indie bundle (except Bastion) game offers.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: June 23, 2012, 03:20:03 pm »

Some of these might not apply depending on whether or not you're playing vanilla

1. In vanilla Warband, you need to recruit your soldiers from villages or taverns. No villages means that source is closed off.
2. In vanilla Warband, you can join a faction as a mercenary once you've gotten a little renown, or as a lord once you've kicked more.
3. Ransom offers comes at random times, though some lords in your own faction will buy a captured lord off you if you talk to them, and they're in the market for it.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: June 23, 2012, 05:35:24 pm »

To clarify #2, to join a faction as a mercenary you ask for tasks from any lord, while to join a faction as a lord you need significant renown or relations with the leader of that faction.
Also with #3, in addition to randomly being asked for ransom, if you ask for a task from a lord whose relative is captured by the enemy then they're probably willing to pay you more in order to trade the prisoners.

moogmg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: June 23, 2012, 06:21:17 pm »

Is is worth the risk of traveling to Swadia to return the royal ransom?  Holding on to him has seen to make them hate me, and they have tried to attack me several times
Does anyone want to trade something for Terraria on steam? Will consider most non-indie bundle (except Bastion) game offers.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: June 23, 2012, 09:42:16 pm »

You can't return the ransom directly, you either wait for a ransom offer or receive a task from a lord of one of swadia's enemies to capture one of swadia's lords (which you can then just complete instantly).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: June 23, 2012, 09:47:45 pm »

Right now I am trying to become the emporer but the game really tries hard NOT to tell you how to do it.

I have about a billion rights of rulership...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: June 23, 2012, 10:24:35 pm »

PoP3.5 should be out soonish...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: June 24, 2012, 01:34:14 am »

Has anyone tried the napoleonic war dlc? My friend recommended it to me and says it adds various features in the multiplayer like crouching, explosives and music(?)

I would try it but it is multiplayer only and I am not very good at the multiplayer.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: June 24, 2012, 07:07:00 am »

Has anyone tried the napoleonic war dlc? My friend recommended it to me and says it adds various features in the multiplayer like crouching, explosives and music(?)
It does indeed add musicians for the new factions, Great Britain, France, Prussia, and I think one more faction.
There are constructible things you can place including powder boxes that explode a few seconds after you ignite it.
Usable cannons and such are on some new maps that it includes.  I think a new game mode, but I'm just getting all my knowledge of "Napoleonic Wars" from Youtube, so I'm not sure.
Also you could already crouch.  In all the M&B games.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: June 24, 2012, 07:17:05 am »

Nobody, I repeat nobody gets truly good at Napoleonic wars dlc. I caved and brought it and was pleasantly surprised that it was a tad different from the mod it's based off, so its worth it.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: June 24, 2012, 08:37:11 am »

Also you could already crouch.  In all the M&B games.

False. The ability to crouch was added in a recent patch specifically to enable the DLC to make use of that feature, but outside the DLC it's disabled by default.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: June 24, 2012, 09:10:14 am »

I saw crouching in With Fire and Sword for the first time. I don't think vanilla WB has it.

But the Nappy DLC is a lot of fun, even if a full pop 200 slot server gets real wacky real fast. I bet it could be real awesome if you join a regiment and do sort of roleplay line battles.

Still, no multiplayer mod beats Vikingr in my opinion. Such a shame they never made a single player version, their sceneries are the most mood inducing of all the mods.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 310