Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655552 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #630 on: July 05, 2010, 04:38:31 pm »

That and you can just pick up the arrows the enemies shoot at you and miss with.

And you can kick people. It seems just spiteful, but it's awesome.
With a high strength it hurts like hell too. And breaks shield/weapon blocks.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 05, 2010, 07:51:44 pm »

The hell with that, use it for cherry tapping!

*slash*
ARGH
*slash*
ARGH
*KICK*
Looter has been knocked unconscious by BOOT
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 05, 2010, 07:52:56 pm »

kicking is good if you have a really slow swing and you want to not die.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 05, 2010, 10:08:05 pm »

kicking is good if you have a really slow swing and you want to not die.

It has very short range and easily dodged, though.

On a sidenote, I finally tried MP Warband last night. Wow it was addictive!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 05, 2010, 10:17:29 pm »

Wow... I just reached high level without getting bored and starting over for the first time... I. Am. Invincible!!!!

It's fun seeing high-level units do 0 damage to me again and again. I'm not even using a horse because I no longer have any reason to block/dodge. Just swing over and over til everything is dead.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 05, 2010, 10:22:51 pm »

Wow... I just reached high level without getting bored and starting over for the first time... I. Am. Invincible!!!!

It's fun seeing high-level units do 0 damage to me again and again. I'm not even using a horse because I no longer have any reason to block/dodge. Just swing over and over til everything is dead.

Do you set damage reduction to player to 1/4 the actual damage?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 05, 2010, 10:25:59 pm »

It's on whatever the default is. I'll probably turn it up soon though, it's definitely getting a little too easy.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 05, 2010, 11:03:36 pm »

By default Warband is really set on easy for the human :

-the "Combat AI" is on Poor (on the maximum the AI will pause between 2 strikes much less and does not phone as often its attack)
-the Combat Speed (apparently how fast a weapon strike) is on (not only an AI advantage though, as your strike are quicker too)
-the Damage to Player was set in only 1/4 (no wonder one can fight despite being hit from every side)
-the Damage to Allies was set on 1/2 (maybe why your soldiers are able to destroy armies with much more soldiers than yours)
-The Blocking is set to Automatic (as by default you block by pressing the block button, you do not need to actually block specific direction the game automatically choose the correct one according to the enemy attack).

So to give more of a challenge inside of a battle, tweak those values.
And start a new game using those values, the game will really feel different, as you will need to play much differently to survive.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 05, 2010, 11:16:07 pm »

You don't actually have to start a new game for the options to change.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 05, 2010, 11:23:08 pm »

Yep, playing on easy is... easy on the player character and troops.

But it's good for learning the game. I'd advice changing it up gradually as you play, so you can get a bit more used with having to defend yourself.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 05, 2010, 11:36:02 pm »

You don't actually have to start a new game for the options to change.
No, but it's better to start from scratch with those modified options, as you'll experience the whole early game very differently, making the change even more interesting.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 06, 2010, 12:17:45 am »

It seems like every single kingdom I pledge allegiance to ends up getting destroyed territory-wise, and I end up getting captured in some stupid attempt to save a major city. So then I'll find a new king to fight for, and it'll all happen again.

Does anybody have any tips? I try to find my marshal and help him out, but whenever I'm out getting denars I'll get the stupid "Requested for military campaign" quest and it'll usually cancel itself before I get there, or I'll fail it because I was ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP. What do I need to do to succeed in some way?? What is usually the "best" army composition for any given situation?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #642 on: July 06, 2010, 12:42:38 am »

That military campaign quest is actually semi-broken right now due to using the wrong variable in the module system. They have a check that sees how far away you are from the quest giver, and if it's too far it isn't supposed to call you. The problem is that check is looking at your distance from the leader of the party instead of the actual party (which doesn't work), so it displays an error and gives you the mission no matter how far away you are.

My favorite troop for my armies are Nord infantry. I have them form a tight line and advance across the field toward the enemy. The third tier (Trained Footmen) make for great cheap combat units, which I use in garrisons for their inexpensive effectiveness. The Warrior level and above can really hold their own in most situations. Just training groups up to Warriors and leaving them at that is a relatively inexpensive fighting force. For the really tough battles (like a large siege or fighting off an enemy campaign of 1000+) I'll bring along the higher tier units.

Nord archers are surprisingly effective too for their price. They cap out weaker than the Vaegir marksmen but are better than the tier below marksmen and being lower leveled units are cheaper to train and upkeep than the Vaegir marksmen.

I may be biased though, I've played the Nords pretty much constantly since they first added them to the game :)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 06, 2010, 12:44:34 am »

-the Damage to Allies was set on 1/2 (maybe why your soldiers are able to destroy armies with much more soldiers than yours)

The other reason, of course, is that said army was entirely composed of Swadian Knights.

Warband did do a little for their overpoweredness, but, just as it should be, any of the top tier units will cut through lower-tier units like a hot knife through FACE.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 06, 2010, 12:48:50 am »

Yeah, but damage hit location is working better as well... So if you can aim to the face, you will do well against most troops even with damage at 1/1. A lot of them have weak leg armor as well, so it pays hitting them on the leg.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 310