Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655556 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #645 on: July 06, 2010, 01:51:54 am »

A fun way to kill enemy cavalry is to get a line of infantry in front of you and a powerful bow. Just stand behind the infantry and as the cavalry ride up to attack look up and pop them in the head. I took out an army of mostly Swadian knights by doing that with a group of Nord warriors in a shield wall and a strong warbow. Picked a few off as they approached then just popped one after another in the head when they were stopped trying to hit the warriors, one shot one kill.

I did the same thing to Khergits by using two lines of different infantry (assigned them different designations so I could order them separately). I put one line right in front of the other, tighly packed, and stood between them with my war bow. They blocked all the Khergit arrows while I sniped them one by one as they rode around us. Using Huscarls is good for this too, since you can order them to hold their fire then when you get to the annoying part where you have a few straggler archers circling taking shots at you tell them to open fire and they'll drop them with throwing axes.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:56:38 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 06, 2010, 04:19:38 am »

I kind of like doing jump-swing-spin moves on cavalry faces. Works like wonders in MP if you get in the right position. Jump stab with a really long lance is also horribly mean if the cavalry are using lances.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 12, 2010, 10:22:00 pm »

I'm back in this, who wants spars?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 12, 2010, 10:35:15 pm »

I've been playing it pretty heavily since I got it in the steam sale, so I'll be up for a game anytime.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 12, 2010, 10:42:10 pm »

I accidentally broke mine... so now I can't play and I dunno how to fix other than un/reinstalling

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 12, 2010, 11:20:00 pm »

I've been playing it pretty heavily since I got it in the steam sale, so I'll be up for a game anytime.

Is there some sort of M&B friend thing?

Maybe I'll just add you on Steam, what is your nick?
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 13, 2010, 01:21:13 am »

Is there some sort of M&B friend thing?
Nope, sadly.  But if you guys organize something, I might join up.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 13, 2010, 10:35:57 am »

I'm on steam as fenrif, add away :P

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 13, 2010, 01:31:36 pm »

I too could use some sparring.

When do you plan on playing?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 13, 2010, 01:57:42 pm »

Well I will be busy watching Christopher Plummer play Prospero in The Tempest tomorrow, and then I have a club meeting on Thursday, but otherwise my schedule is open.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 14, 2010, 04:58:15 am »

Who's Christoper Plummer?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 14, 2010, 10:10:39 am »

Go die, Ioric. Go die right now.

Or read Wikipedia/watch a series of really great movies filmed over the past 60 years as an alternative to dying. Those are your two choices, though: learn or die. He's only one of the most awesome actors of the 20th and 21st centuries. He made his breakout in film in Sound of Music as Baron Von Trapp.

You may also recognize him as the Klingon villain in Star Trek VI (worst part of that movie was that there wasn't enough of him in it), the manager of the law firm in Syriana, the hero the main character looks up to in Up, Leo Tolstoy in the Last Station, Abraham Van Helsing in Dracula 2000, and Doctor Parnassus in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

Back on topic:

The Persistent World Mod is fairly fun. Can be a bit chaotic at times, though.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 14, 2010, 12:00:16 pm »

I honestly don't care much about actors unless I see them in a role I really liked.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

bgfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 14, 2010, 12:45:30 pm »

PWM is an excellent concept, however it needs to be executed better. Hopefully in time it will, however, at the momen there are just a few too many issues for me. Namely the absence of names, and local area chat, both of which are possible (see Globe Theatre in "The Guildhall" for Local Area Chat. In case anybody is wondering, my Taleworld's forum name is bgfan (I know really creative  :P ) if anybody ever wants to get together for some Warband online my Steam is bgfan39 (yes, I know how creative I am)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 14, 2010, 04:58:12 pm »

Nords are so great. Of course I would have suspected that Vikings would win at everything.

Although the fact that we have three nations only at war with us is quite scary.

Also, I seem to have some weird problem with my game. I can run it just fine on max settings in full 150 man battles and still get my constant 60 fps, but after the game has been running for long enough, it starts lagging more and more, to the point where it will drop to 3 fps for about a minute at a time even in tiny battles.

Thing is, it works perfectly again if I turn the game off and back on.
Any ideas? My best guess is that the game log doesn't have a cutoff point or something silly like that.

Edit: It generally takes over an hour or two for the game to start having this problem, and no matter how much it slows down in combat, it will always be fine everywhere else (Including when the units are charging at each other during a battle before combat is actually engaged)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 310