Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655510 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #600 on: July 04, 2010, 07:56:27 am »

Man, I already have all my graphics turned down to "bottom of the barrel", so I may as well try DX7.

I know the feeling.....u never realised just how shit the nvidea 6400 is until u try to play M&B......with lowest everything an Dx7 u really feel pissed....not even 4gb of RAM helps :(

Damn, I'm working with 1gb of RAM. On the other hand, my video card is an Intel 965 (stupid laptop), so that's pretty bad as well.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 04, 2010, 10:43:00 am »

Apparently there's a no-nudity pack on the file repository, you could try that out as well.

Just checked myself. Welp, time to reinstall M&B.

You really shouldn't play it like that if there's any choice at all.  It would ruin the atmosphere of several really disturbing areas of the game.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 04, 2010, 10:48:58 am »

Apparently there's a no-nudity pack on the file repository, you could try that out as well.

You really shouldn't play it like that if there's any choice at all.  It would ruin the atmosphere of several really disturbing areas of the game.

Suddenly, I'm picturing wall-mounted trophy-penises, only to have them censored by smiley faces with the no-nudity patch.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 04, 2010, 12:40:39 pm »

Suddenly, I'm picturing wall-mounted trophy-penises, only to have them censored by smiley faces with the no-nudity patch.
Well when you're heroically raiding a bdsm dungeon to rescue the prisoners and everyone is wearing clothes I just wouldn't be able to take it seriously.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 04, 2010, 12:47:49 pm »

What is the difference between M&B, and M&B: Warband? I don't mind spoilers either. Sorry, I'm too lazy to sift through a pile of google right now.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 04, 2010, 01:12:02 pm »

Warband has multiplayer.

Does anyone have a link to the most recent version of the original M&B? All I see on their site is Warband.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 04, 2010, 01:53:45 pm »

What is the difference between M&B, and M&B: Warband? I don't mind spoilers either. Sorry, I'm too lazy to sift through a pile of google right now.

Akura is right in that M&B Warband has multiplayer, but wrong in implying that this is the only difference. Here are some other differences off the top of my head:

-A sixth faction, based on Medieval Arabia
-A redesigned world map
-The ability to court a fair maiden and eventually marry her (included in this are some wandering bards who teach you poems and feasts which are held after major victories, though don't happen nearly enough imo)
-Start your own Kingdom (though it is difficult to do so)
-There is an optional quest for beginners when you first start up a new game
-And yes, multiplayer. Which actually is a big deal.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 04, 2010, 03:48:37 pm »

The graphics were also updated a bit.

If you only want to play native and multi-player, then go for warband (it's far superior). The original has a lot of mods and I don't expect most of them to be ported to warband, so if you are a big mod fan it might be worth it to get the original, but there are more and more mods for warband everyday.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 04, 2010, 05:56:35 pm »

I preferred Native Expansion to Litus, which doesn't seem that great and can be confusing due to the entire unit tree being renamed into Medieval Era renditions of French and Italian (but not actually being that different from the vanilla units themselves), but there are so many mods coming out for Warband that I'm not particularly worried. And Litus will probably develop into awesomeness eventually.

I'd suggest Warband all around. Original M&B isn't really being supported anymore.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 04, 2010, 09:20:46 pm »

The combat in wareband has been changed significantly from M&B as well.  The animations flow a lot better and there are more of them.  horseback combat has gotten a huge reworking and now feels a lot more natural than before thanks to the way you can attack both forward and backwards and switch sides just by turning the camera.  Also, horses now have length to their collision boxes.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 04, 2010, 09:59:09 pm »

Grakelin, you can be your own kingdom in M&B.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 04, 2010, 10:02:42 pm »

I just hope they will update the module system soon. It's the only reason nobody is truly working on warband mods right now. >.<

Oh man... nice:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,122273.0.html
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:06:23 pm by Soulwynd »

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 04, 2010, 10:40:28 pm »

But it's a realy shoddily done half assed feature.  In Warband it actually sort of works.  You can get lords and assign fiefs as well as making peace with hostile kingdoms, and that's all without the diplomacy mod which adds tons of stuff.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 04, 2010, 10:44:15 pm »

In Warband it actually sort of works.  You can get lords and assign fiefs as well as making peace with hostile kingdoms, and that's all without the diplomacy mod which adds tons of stuff.

And marriage. Don't forget that.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not a proper medieval game if you can't marry someone for political advantage and prestige.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 310