Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655460 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #510 on: June 25, 2010, 12:03:38 am »

Well I'll keep playing singleplayer, until I feel I'm ready for multiplayer.
Still have to learn some of the trickier stuff.

So do we have a server?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 25, 2010, 12:47:54 am »

Speaking of that. Is it just me or there's no good single player mods for Warband? That western mod looked cool but apparently it's NEVER being converted for SP and that's the official word.
Age of Change is the only decent SP Warband mod there is right now. Most developers are waiting for the module system to be released before they continue working. It's very possible that after it's released making the neat old west M&B work with warband will be easy.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 25, 2010, 01:50:52 am »

They won't. How long have we been waiting for a simple port of the LOTR mod from .808 to anything newer?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 25, 2010, 08:11:53 am »

I wonder, is there a function how to speed up travel until something interesting comes in view?
Right now I'm spending a lot of time watching my character ride trough the empt wilderness.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 25, 2010, 08:26:33 am »

I wonder, is there a function how to speed up travel until something interesting comes in view?
Right now I'm spending a lot of time watching my character ride trough the empt wilderness.
I have walked around for a literal 30 minutes, saw 0 things. So, no, there isn't. Regretted purchase from that moment onward. You are talking about Warband, right?

frightlever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 25, 2010, 09:00:18 am »

My copy is at home but I thought you just hit the +/_ keys to speed up the world map. I MAY be imagining this however.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 25, 2010, 10:33:44 am »

Speaking of that. Is it just me or there's no good single player mods for Warband? That western mod looked cool but apparently it's NEVER being converted for SP and that's the official word.

You talking about the 1866 mod?  Last I heard the official word was that they were releasing a Multiplayer only version for Warband before they released the single player port.  Then a few tards started complaining about how that meant they were abandoning single player.

They won't. How long have we been waiting for a simple port of the LOTR mod from .808 to anything newer?

Are you one of those be one of those aforementioned tards?  They were never going to release a simple port of TLD from .808 to anything newer.  Their whole idea was to make some uber release that blew everything out of the water.  Then they went all DNF on us.  Of course that's not even mentioning all the mods that aren't TLD that have had new releases within the past few months/weeks
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:36:38 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 25, 2010, 10:36:32 am »

My copy is at home but I thought you just hit the +/_ keys to speed up the world map. I MAY be imagining this however.

You mean zooming out?
Hmm I also noticed it seems quciker that way.
But that way I miss out on all thet rebels, which account for the greater part of my income.

@Johbson:
There are more and less frequented areas.
You just have to find them.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 25, 2010, 07:41:08 pm »

Oh wow.
Singleplayer raped me.

After having two dozen of of soldiers with 3 upgrades, I got annihilated by a group of bandits (or something similar).
Now it's basically like starting over, with some level and a few peices of gear (that bastards stole my horse and my breastplate).
Any tipps and earlygame goals anyone?

And Multiplayer looks awesome, although it feels just like starting over with Moviebattles.
It feel like an unarmed peasant all over again and will probably have to spend months until I can even qualify as cannon fooder.

Anyone wanna play together and teach a rookie some tricks?
Because I believe I wont have the endurance to go through the same thing alone again :/

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 25, 2010, 07:54:42 pm »

Oh wow.
Singleplayer raped me.

After having two dozen of of soldiers with 3 upgrades, I got annihilated by a group of bandits (or something similar).
Now it's basically like starting over, with some level and a few peices of gear (that bastards stole my horse and my breastplate).
Any tipps and earlygame goals anyone?

And Multiplayer looks awesome, although it feels just like starting over with Moviebattles.
It feel like an unarmed peasant all over again and will probably have to spend months until I can even qualify as cannon fooder.

Anyone wanna play together and teach a rookie some tricks?
Because I believe I wont have the endurance to go through the same thing alone again :/

My combo for victory in SP

Get horse Get Good one handed skill get a good sword get a sheild and run around hit pepole in the head while horseback.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 25, 2010, 10:20:05 pm »

Depends how you play, really.

I go for horseless, bow + 2hander or bow + bastard + shield. For the non-ranged characters, I normally go with longest polearm available + shield + 2hand axe/sword + mace.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 25, 2010, 10:50:27 pm »

I bought single player MB a long while ago and got invited to the beta so this is all from that time. In single player, get good at bow first to the point you can hit moving targets by predicting the trajectory. It's fun to be able to pick off a few of the horseman charging your hill. Then choose either shield or a two handed weapon. If you want to use a two handed weapon in multiplayer turn autoparry off and learn the directional parries. Good weapons to choose are Glaives, Large Axes, or the best 1h sword you can find. Don't charge into a group of people. If 5 are running at you, choose the nearest flank and try to get the guy on that side in between you and his friends. If you're fighting archers, carry a shield around even if you are using a two handed weapon, but even better than that is to stand behind a tree with a ranged weapon and pop out and back into cover with the right timing, preferably while no one is shooting at you.

If you are a mixed force commander fighting mostly infantry set your archers in a line on top of a hill, with your infantry slightly behind them. You should be on a horse with the cavalry following you, try to keep them together; it's more of a harassing force to spread them out or pick off stragglers,and more importantly you don't want to die. Order your infantry to advance ten paces once the enemy infantry threatens your archers, and they will form a line in front of them.

If you are infantry vs melee cavalry, you should have very good infantry or outclass the enemy somehow. Either way, these usually turn out to be the most epic battles for me for some reason. Find a rock or a tree, or even better a fence or something and basically order your men to stand as close together as possible. I usually have my cavalry stand in place directly behind the infantry to block charging horsemen. Also, against horses you should probably use something two handed with a lot of reach, like a glaive or two handed axe, or a spear even.

If you are up against horse archers, the best way to beat them is to hope you have advantageous terrain or to have your own horse archers/heavy knights. Infantry can sometimes outlast them until they run out of ammo and go on a final melee charge, but I guess it depends on a lot of factors.

So how does multiplayer MB work anyways? Is it like TF2 style matches how the beta was or is there a persistent world or something?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:56:58 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 25, 2010, 10:53:52 pm »

TF2 style matches. Death Match, Team Death Match, CTF, Siege (defend/attack a castle), things like that.

There is a persistent character mod for it, but only one server that uses it.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 25, 2010, 11:13:02 pm »

They have a 200+ man formation battle on Sundays, using a teamspeak program so that Generals can give commands. The server keeps a thread active up on the official forum.

I've never played, but I purchased the game specifically for this (but can't participate due to my Graphics Card dying).
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 26, 2010, 02:33:43 am »

Well looks like I have to learn commands...

Also no one is willing to be my sparring partner/mentor?
Too bad.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 310