Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655461 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #495 on: June 07, 2010, 05:23:46 pm »

We could all play together.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 07, 2010, 06:49:03 pm »

We could all play together.

i would if i had warband and if it let me play as an alcohol soaked midget.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 09, 2010, 05:53:03 am »

So I've been playing Warband as a female character.  She's a manipulative she devil to make it "historically accurate" but now I've found something irritating.  There are tons of ways to gain honor, and not many ways to lose it.  Most of the best ways to lose honor are to do assassination missions and such, but once you become a sworn lord you can't get those anymore.  As far as I can tell there's actually no way to lose honor as a sworn lord.  Pillaging villages and murdering peasants is considered normal, while freeing captured lords which happens automatically when you take out an enemy group that has them is considered honorable, even though the only way to avoid it is to avoid fighting those people or attacking castles with lords in their dungeons.  I'm not sure but I think settling disputes makes you more honorable too.  So... yeah.  Cursed with honor.  What to do?

I'm sure someone has replied to this by now, but I think "honor" is basically a suitably ironic term for how the people in power perceive you in the game, rather than how the peasants and other unimportant people like you. After all, in terms of the game at the moment, you aren't fighting for the peasants, you're fighting entirely for yourself and for whoever you choose to allow to pay you. If you don't play by the Lord's use of the word honor, your forces are immediately turned upon by all factions to the point of disregarding current wars. A good example of this is if you try to take a castle or city without being a member of a faction. You basically become a rebel that doesn't fit in the current power structure, and thus must be eliminated along with all of your supporters. Honor is just an simpler word for how much people who benefit from the system believe you are supporting it.

At least, that is how it was before Warband.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 24, 2010, 04:09:34 pm »

This game looks fun.

Is it still worth starting it, or won't I be able to catch up with the crowd?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 24, 2010, 04:41:53 pm »

The MP isn't persistent powerups like a MMO, so yeah, it's fine.

But if you don't practice, you'll probably get wrecked at first in a one vs one.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 24, 2010, 05:25:03 pm »

But if you don't practice, you'll probably get wrecked at first in a one vs one.
There is a persistent powerup module, it's great. Most fun I've ever had with warband MP.

The reason is quite simple, you get xp/gold as long as you're close to friendlies killing people, the closer you are, the more you get. So people actually -form shield lines for archers- (Yes, if you form shield line and your archers decimate the enemy, you get lots of xp/gold), ride together, defend castles and towers like they meant it.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 24, 2010, 05:25:56 pm »

Yeah.
Someone made a camparison to the Moviebattles mod for Jedi Academy.
There was an extrem skill gap between the players...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 24, 2010, 05:32:56 pm »

Yeah.

Practice.  Its the only way to get better. 

Unlike a FPS, you can't just pick it up and expect to go toe-to-toe against people who have logged more hours more battle experience then you.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 24, 2010, 09:03:52 pm »

Yeah.

Practice.  Its the only way to get better. 

Unlike a FPS, you can't just pick it up and expect to go toe-to-toe against people who have logged more hours more battle experience then you.
This. Having playing mount and blade and warband for a total of several hundred hours now, I would probably own a newcomer in multiplayer. That said of course, one hit kills are fairly common, so anyone is able to kill anyone pretty easily.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 24, 2010, 09:12:04 pm »

I was playing on my netbook once and actually managed to slay somebody despite all the lag, but I think it was a fluke.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 24, 2010, 09:31:43 pm »

The problem for newbies at MP warband is the whole feinting bug. It's really annoying cause you can just spam feint and it randomly connects invisible attacks.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 24, 2010, 09:40:34 pm »

I think that might be because of lag.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 24, 2010, 09:43:55 pm »

Yes and no. Even people with <50ms ping can do that. There's a trick to it, if you block as soon as the attack sound starts, the attack connects and you're instantaneously moved into a block stance. If you do that while swinging left and right with a shield, you're a killing machine.

They alleviated it a bit in one of the patches, but if you get the timing right, you can still do it and it's what most veterans do.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 24, 2010, 11:09:52 pm »

Remember it's still a huge single-player game too. It's not like you'll be stranded if everyone's better than you.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 24, 2010, 11:13:17 pm »

Speaking of that. Is it just me or there's no good single player mods for Warband? That western mod looked cool but apparently it's NEVER being converted for SP and that's the official word.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 310