Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655436 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #465 on: May 16, 2010, 11:31:28 am »

Until you can get lord level gear, lords are pretty much gods of war. Its best to jump into already running battles when your help will result in an advantage, and to definately avoid defending against sieges until you can actually do something about those bastards scaling your wall.
Hello Hunam

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 16, 2010, 12:42:16 pm »

I've found that, for me at least, pikes work great on castles with ladders. Constant head-stabs knock the enemies backwards, and when they go back they push the others back with them.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #467 on: May 17, 2010, 02:39:33 pm »

24 str + 8 power draw + masterwork war bow + 3 large bags of khergit arrows.

Thats my siege defense. Every time a friendly archer dies or I start to get low on arrows I pick up more. I was invaded by the Vaegirs and used their own arrows against them, pulling them out of the walls and shooting them back. With that bow you can kill just about anything in 1 shot. The only things that can occasionally survive an arrow from it are the particularly beefy enemy lords, and even then if they are slightly injured before the battle they drop in one shot.

I won a fight with 2200 Vaegirs vs my garrison of 200 assorted Nords (30 Huscarls, 30 Veterans, 40 warriors, 40 trained footmen, 60 veteran archers) at Dhirim with full difficulty settings and battle size on 100 (my computer just can't handle 150 on Warband, it could on normal M&B but not anymore). I kept taking out the guys going to push the siege tower and picking off the guys without their shields up. By the time the siege tower was at the wall I had probably killed 100 men and had full arrows from looting a few fallen veteran archers.  My little group of huscarls that spawned did a fine job of holding the line on the siege tower and I stood on the side dropping the enemy as fast as I could loose arrows, focusing on the particularly beefy ones to keep them from breaking through. I was standing on a pile of dead Veteran archers so refilling my ammo was quick, and I killed at least 150 more right there. It ended with me looting a shield and axe from a fallen Huscarl and falling back inside the walls with my reinforcements and taking out the final wave in melee. The result was about 350 dead on their side and only 30 or so on my side, mostly archers since they were getting sniped off the walls by the Vaegir marksmen.

The masterwork war bow is so overpowered. When facing enemy cavalry I just get my infantry to form a tight line and get at the back of them, warbow in hand. The knights charge in and I just aim up and drop one after another after another firing over my troops' heads as they ride up and try to hit my infantry. The cavalry charge always ends with a bunch of headshotted knights and a bunch of loose horses.

It works great on siege offense too. I can just stand near the wall picking off archers every time they stick their head out and picking up arrows from the ground around me when I get low.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 06:04:15 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 19, 2010, 03:00:26 am »

Really good armor to aim for in the beginning is the Sarranid guard armor, Sarranid mail boots and the Sarranid helms.  They're all really light but provide good protection, and aren't too expensive.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 27, 2010, 04:55:42 am »

So I've been playing Warband as a female character.  She's a manipulative she devil to make it "historically accurate" but now I've found something irritating.  There are tons of ways to gain honor, and not many ways to lose it.  Most of the best ways to lose honor are to do assassination missions and such, but once you become a sworn lord you can't get those anymore.  As far as I can tell there's actually no way to lose honor as a sworn lord.  Pillaging villages and murdering peasants is considered normal, while freeing captured lords which happens automatically when you take out an enemy group that has them is considered honorable, even though the only way to avoid it is to avoid fighting those people or attacking castles with lords in their dungeons.  I'm not sure but I think settling disputes makes you more honorable too.  So... yeah.  Cursed with honor.  What to do?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 27, 2010, 01:11:02 pm »

TweakMB?

You can change honor gain and loss here... among other things...

Custom Commander mod is pretty hard... but probably only cause I've been playing on Hell difficulty and the enemy have like x3 hp.  But, the game tends to lag in battle and when talking to village/town quest givers for some reason...

Don't have that problem with other mods and stuff...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 06, 2010, 04:18:12 pm »

TweakMB?

You can change honor gain and loss here... among other things...

Custom Commander mod is pretty hard... but probably only cause I've been playing on Hell difficulty and the enemy have like x3 hp.  But, the game tends to lag in battle and when talking to village/town quest givers for some reason...

Don't have that problem with other mods and stuff...

Tweaking the overall settings would just screw up my honorable character.  What we need is some common ways to lose honor like we have for gaining it.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 06, 2010, 04:44:02 pm »

IF some of the mods are updated I know some definitely had options to kill enemy Lords upon capturing and you would lose a lot of honor.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 06, 2010, 05:36:38 pm »

Is there a way to increase battle size? I'm at 150, but I want to go to something like 300. I want absolutely huge battles.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 06, 2010, 05:45:12 pm »

Until you can get lord level gear, lords are pretty much gods of war. Its best to jump into already running battles when your help will result in an advantage, and to definately avoid defending against sieges until you can actually do something about those bastards scaling your wall.

I always used to ride enemy lords down, unhorse them (by lancing their mount), then get off and duel them on foot.

I used to get killed a lot too. But surely these things aren't related at all!
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 06, 2010, 05:50:39 pm »

Is there a way to increase battle size? I'm at 150, but I want to go to something like 300. I want absolutely huge battles.

Battlesizer. Unless that doesn't work in Warband. All I've still got is the trial version of the orginal, so... ???
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 06, 2010, 06:19:38 pm »

I saw someone do a 2 on 2 ship battle with some 150 units per ship. Just shitloads of marine archers firing while the ships wheeled around. I want the mod, so bad it hurts.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 06, 2010, 06:35:11 pm »

I saw someone do a 2 on 2 ship battle with some 150 units per ship. Just shitloads of marine archers firing while the ships wheeled around. I want the mod, so bad it hurts.
Sounds fun. I'm waiting for warband mods right now.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 06, 2010, 06:43:07 pm »

Battlesizer. Unless that doesn't work in Warband. All I've still got is the trial version of the orginal, so... ???

Nope, sure doesn't work for Warband. Time to search google.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 06, 2010, 06:49:04 pm »

It doesn't, but there's a mod for it for warband already. Go into their forums.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 310