Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 655405 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #435 on: April 16, 2010, 11:16:18 am »

I have a suspicion he's either comparing them to the Khergits, or they're so outrageously OP that the Mongols are, comparatively, weaklings (which is a terrifying thought, though their strengths were more strategic than armor/weapons/brute force. Also plague warfare).

But enough Mongolbation.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 16, 2010, 11:28:32 am »

DK are ruddy hard. Damn, their caravans have 100ish people with them. Numbers that I can usually take (IVORY ARCHERS HELLYEAH) but seriously ow.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 16, 2010, 01:02:39 pm »

DK units have a 2x attack speed bonus over other units, possess armor making them nearly invulnerable to all but head shots, do not rout (IIRC), and can kill the Lordly-Plate donned player in one hit. In short, they are not man, but holy celestial warriors from a higher plane. A Masterwork Sword of War swung at full rotation force by a 40-strength character against a DK warrior will usually inflict zero damage. Overhand/low attacks (head/leg armor), piercing weapons (and missiles), and horseback are the only methods to fight them. And their leader can kill 30-50 of your best men in an all-out brawl.

...I miss what this forum was like in 2006.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 16, 2010, 07:30:44 pm »

Reinstalled, found my key, and (after a short stint as Don Quixote) made a horse archer and immediately wandered over to Tihr, where I've beensoloing bands of Sea Raiders.

I've scratched up enough for a Heavy Warhorse and a Strong Bow, and a Byrnie, Nordic Helmet, and a Battle Axe looted off the Sea Raiders.

Just now I sorta failed to rescue a caravan.  I killed all the Raiders, but everyone in the Caravan sorta died too, except technically I guess for some dudes that were knocked out.  I thought it was funny, but the Caravan Master was the first one to go.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2010, 12:21:30 pm »

Hey, steam just kicked me off the game and is telling me its unavailable, anyone else getting this?
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #440 on: May 05, 2010, 01:46:22 pm »

No problems getting online here, but I don't play with Steam. I bought Warband direct from the developers from their website (same way I bought the original M&B way back in like 2006) so it doesn't require Steam.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 05, 2010, 03:26:08 pm »

Quite convenient, not having to rely on a 3rd party to play...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 05, 2010, 06:23:33 pm »

Quite convenient, not having to rely on a 3rd party to play...

It was three quid on steam :P Worth it even if I have to rely on steam to play. I've already had over 100 hours of entertainment.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 05, 2010, 06:53:09 pm »

I have discovered something most amusing. Should you get thyself ivory arrows and a royal bow of any status, you are become a god.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #444 on: May 10, 2010, 02:54:14 am »

ivory arrows and a royal bow? you must be playing a mod.

Although khergit arrows + masterwork war bow is pretty OP. One shot anything, even in the toe.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 10, 2010, 03:04:21 am »

Native expansion mod methinks.

I turned the dark knights off. They steamroller everything.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 10, 2010, 03:32:59 am »

I have a suspicion he's either comparing them to the Khergits, or they're so outrageously OP that the Mongols are, comparatively, weaklings (which is a terrifying thought, though their strengths were more strategic than armor/weapons/brute force. Also plague warfare).

But enough Mongolbation.

Don't forget the flaming cats and birds.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 14, 2010, 03:44:07 pm »

I've tried the demo of warband and I noticed the following:
-The tarting horse can't trample anymore.
-The starting horse is stopped dead in it's tracks by colliding with a looter while running at full speed down a slope.
-The starting 2h axe has horrible collision detection and can't hit worth shit and when it does connect it's almost always -100% speed penalty, 0 damage.
-A headshot with a looter's bow almost instakills, with all difficulty settings on minimum.
So after being captured by my first band of 6 looters, I lost my horse, was captured again because i was too slow to escape them without a horse, lost again due to said axe being useless, lost said axe in that fight, was captured again and lost the fistfight after escaping, was captured again...

This surprised me greatly because I was used to plowing into about 50 sea raiders and killing 3 or 4 in the first pass and knocking out several on the second from trample damage along with 80+ damage hits from 200% speed bonus weapon hits.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 14, 2010, 03:59:25 pm »

I'm sorry, but I laughed at this. Conjures an image of a horse in makeup and a skirt.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 14, 2010, 05:17:58 pm »

I've tried the demo of warband and I noticed the following:
-The starting horse is stopped dead in it's tracks by colliding with a looter while running at full speed down a slope.
-The starting 2h axe has horrible collision detection and can't hit worth shit and when it does connect it's almost always -100% speed penalty, 0 damage.
-A headshot with a looter's bow almost instakills, with all difficulty settings on minimum.
So after being captured by my first band of 6 looters, I lost my horse, was captured again because i was too slow to escape them without a horse, lost again due to said axe being useless, lost said axe in that fight, was captured again and lost the fistfight after escaping, was captured again...

This surprised me greatly because I was used to plowing into about 50 sea raiders and killing 3 or 4 in the first pass and knocking out several on the second from trample damage along with 80+ damage hits from 200% speed bonus weapon hits.

None of that stuff seems to happen to me (though, I don't think I ever get headshot). I actually used at two-handed axe for some time to devastating effect (granted, I also liked to jump off my horse in the middle of the battle an duel them). The trample damage is a bit nerfed, but it is still there. It does not exist in the tournament, strangely enough. Sabre-horsemanship is more rewarding now.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 310