Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Atmospheric or Suspenseful Games  (Read 4680 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Atmospheric or Suspenseful Games
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2010, 12:00:14 pm »

It's not really a sequel, but yeah.  They're making another one, called Heavy Rain.  In this one if a player character dies they're dead for good.
Shoes...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2010, 12:03:32 pm »

Indigo Prophecies is amazing.
Isn't there a sequel?
I thought they were making one.

Assuming you mean Fahrenheit, which is called that in the US, and not a different game with that name then yes there is a sequel, well sort of.

The same team are making a game called Heavy Rain, should be out at the end of this month. PS3 only though, and probably the reason I will get a PS3. Loved Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy.

Edit: meh, read new posts before reply...
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2010, 12:06:13 pm »

I live in the US.
It says Indigo Prophecy on the box.
Everyone calls it that.

Is Fahrenheit an expansion?

It's not really a sequel, but yeah.  They're making another one, called Heavy Rain.  In this one if a player character dies they're dead for good.

Wow, look forward to it.
That sounds really harsh though.

I don't have a PS though...
 and never will.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2010, 12:12:45 pm »

The game has different names depending on where you live.

Indigo Prophecy = America
Farenheit = Everywhere else
reason = no idea.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2010, 12:17:54 pm »

Not just a name change either, they hid content it seems. According to wikipedia.

The original title of Fahrenheit was changed to Indigo Prophecy in the United States and Canada. The change was made to avoid confusion with the film Fahrenheit 9/11. Scenes depicting sex (one of which is interactive) and other adult content were removed from the North American versions so the game could avoid an Adults Only (18+) rating, which would have had the game stripped from store shelves. Both the name change and editing were made at the request of the publisher. However, the North American PC version (although not Steam edition or possible patches) can be easily tweaked to show the deleted scenes by changing USmode=1 to USmode=0 in the game's INI file.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2010, 12:24:54 pm »

USmode = 0?

Ha ha!

That is classic.

EDIT:

America Mode: Activate!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2010, 12:39:43 pm »

Fahrenheit is awesome,played through it twice, but there is one problem.The bookshop level, I ran around there for an hour the first time, about 30 mins the next time.

You can say that it was made for the consoles originally by the quick time controls.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2010, 01:35:46 pm »

Demon's Souls, foursure.

The mines feel grungy, the mind flayers in the tower ringing their bells are creepy, and running from dragons in the castle is rather terrifying.

I love this game♥

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2010, 01:40:48 pm »

Demon's Souls, foursure.

The mines feel grungy, the mind flayers in the tower ringing their bells are creepy, and running from dragons in the castle is rather terrifying.

I love this game♥

I'm glad I get to see other opinions on it. Without any current gen consoles, and with my only insight being Yahtzee, I'd be stuck thinking that all modern games are bad.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2010, 02:01:38 pm »

Demon's Souls, foursure.

I love this game♥

I'm glad I get to see other opinions on it. Without any current gen consoles, and with my only insight being Yahtzee, I'd be stuck thinking that all modern games are bad.

People who don't like dying will hate it, because you will die. Alot.
An insufficient way to describe it would be... maybe a mix of Oblivion, Dungeon Crawl, and Thief.

The enemies are hardcore. Even the first monsters can kill you in like seven hits. Every battle needs to be planned out because facing more than one enemy at a time can be a death sentence. As such the combat is more cautious and careful than usual in a game like this, especially because you lose all your souls when you die. All of them. You get one chance to go back and reclaim them, but if you die before doing so they are gone forever.
When you die you become a phantom who has only a portion of your normal health, start at the entrance, and all the enemies respawn. The way to get your body back is to kill a boss.
Most bosses can kill you in 1-2 hits.

Other players can join your game and help you, or force themselves into your world and hunt you down.

Overall, it's a incredibly difficult yet very entertaining game.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2010, 08:18:43 am »

Resident Evil: 4

If you do not agree, then wait till the guy with the chainsaw gets on your ass.
Cute dog helping you? You'll think again if you mistake him later with one that bites your head off. Fishing get's a whole other meaning in this game...

Oven man. That is all.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2010, 01:38:29 pm »

Resident Evil: 4

If you do not agree, then wait till the guy with the chainsaw gets on your ass.
Cute dog helping you? You'll think again if you mistake him later with one that bites your head off. Fishing get's a whole other meaning in this game...

Oven man. That is all.

Best character ever? Possibly. I'm secure enough to admit that he's smoking hot, and that's the truth.

Man, I so wish I owned the game so I could devote more time to Mercenaries.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2010, 02:27:13 pm »

The original Mercenaries was really good.
The new one just seems like a zany knock-off of GTA.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]