Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 352459 times)

InternetHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #2385 on: July 21, 2011, 04:47:33 pm »

I always clear logs. Always.

Not quick enough. That's how we got your IP.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 21, 2011, 04:47:55 pm »

Sad day. Time to get my CPU upgraded.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 21, 2011, 04:49:06 pm »

Yeah, editting your logs when you initially log in is the most vulnerable spot. But I learned my lesson, don't post on this thread.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 21, 2011, 04:49:36 pm »

snip

Lets snip the crap out of that

Anyway, pretty much, I think that the rich guy who worked at it would annoy me less for bragging about being rich because he's worked at it. He's still a douche, but he's a douche who's earned it (If they've not earned it, well fuck them and their rich family, those assholes are insufferable.

I don't consider working at a pretend hacking game to be something you should be bragging about. The same way that even though its hard being a top level raider in WOW (they're like second jobs, i've been there, I know) Its not really high on my level of "things you can be proud of".

Suppose everyone has different levels of things you can be proud of, but a pretend hacking game? Come on.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

InternetHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 21, 2011, 04:51:37 pm »

Yeah, editting your logs when you initially log in is the most vulnerable spot. But I learned my lesson, don't post on this thread.

Exactly. It's fine on IRC where the only people who are going to see your IP are other bay12ers and the person you're about to nuke, but on a public forum? Not a good idea.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 21, 2011, 04:54:25 pm »

I always clear logs. Always.

Not quick enough. That's how we got your IP.
Not even, personally I nabbed mono's IP off a log more than an hour old.
Always double and triple check logs, as someone might change them back accidentally/intentionally afterwards.

Exactly. It's fine on IRC where the only people who are going to see your IP are other bay12ers and the person you're about to nuke, but on a public forum? Not a good idea.
This, again. Take the advice of random internet people, people will log into every IP they get their hands on, usually just to expand a slave network.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 21, 2011, 04:55:58 pm »

snip

Lets snip the crap out of that

Anyway, pretty much, I think that the rich guy who worked at it would annoy me less for bragging about being rich because he's worked at it. He's still a douche, but he's a douche who's earned it (If they've not earned it, well fuck them and their rich family, those assholes are insufferable.

I don't consider working at a pretend hacking game to be something you should be bragging about. The same way that even though its hard being a top level raider in WOW (they're like second jobs, i've been there, I know) Its not really high on my level of "things you can be proud of".

Suppose everyone has different levels of things you can be proud of, but a pretend hacking game? Come on.
I think that it's OK to be proud of downing a raid boss, because it takes effort. It may not have any tangible effect on the world in any meaningful way, but you still had to put time and effort into it. It's like being proud in your football team after you win the supercup or whatever it's called. You may not have had any real tangible effect on the world that was at all worthwhile - indeed, from a utilitarian standpoint you are a waste of resources - but you still put time and effort in to accomplish something that you eventually accomplished.

To clarify, I think the players themselves should be proud. I've never understood it when people felt pride because the team they were watching won. That's as absurd as feeling pride because your cousin Jimmy's clan happened to be the fifth on his server to down Onyxia. It's nice trivia to bring up, but it's nothing to be proud of personally.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 21, 2011, 04:58:35 pm »

You are actually less of a jerk then I thought. Sorry I hacked into your buddies comp.

InternetHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 21, 2011, 04:59:16 pm »

You are actually less of a jerk then I thought. Sorry I hacked into your buddies comp.

It was mine.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 21, 2011, 05:01:30 pm »

...umm...I think I just won slavehack. After sitting in a bank for an hour chatting with people and copying misc IPs and account numbers into notepad, I finally got around to hacking some accounts and found one with 50 million euros in it. So I transferred it over, upgraded all my hardware to max and changed my IP.

About 2 minutes later the account was empty, of course. But it's not like there was anything to do with the money if I'd been able to keep it. And I've upgraded everything there is to upgrade.  So...now what?

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 21, 2011, 05:01:51 pm »

It was mine.

Awkward. I hope you recovered well. Not sure why I hacked you in the first place.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 21, 2011, 05:04:00 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:36:06 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 21, 2011, 05:08:16 pm »

...umm...I think I just won slavehack. After sitting in a bank for an hour chatting with people and copying misc IPs and account numbers into notepad, I finally got around to hacking some accounts and found one with 50 million euros in it. So I transferred it over, upgraded all my hardware to max and changed my IP.

About 2 minutes later the account was empty, of course. But it's not like there was anything to do with the money if I'd been able to keep it. And I've upgraded everything there is to upgrade.  So...now what?

50 million?  :o
You've probably pissed of someone very powerful...
Or someone very robotic.

InternetHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 21, 2011, 05:10:03 pm »

Wow. I thought my 27k haul was good. I guess you'll be retiring now then. :(

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 21, 2011, 05:12:26 pm »

Us B12ers get lucky. But yeah, he'll either retire, or try and 5' a top player for giggles.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 225