Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 225

Author Topic: Slavehack - protect your IP!  (Read 352419 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Slavehack - protect your IP!
« Reply #2400 on: July 21, 2011, 05:13:50 pm »

Share the wealth O_O Lets become an ultra-powerful Bay12 clan. :P

Oh, right. Make the bay12 clan, costs a few thousand. Or, transfer some cash to whoever will be tasked with maintaining the Bat12 clan. :)

Its like a crazy artifact; you can either let it sit in a stockpile somewhere gathering dust, or you can equip it to a military dwarf and watch the sheer awesomeness bash someone's skull in. :D
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 21, 2011, 05:14:32 pm »

I dedicate 20 minutes of boredom to YOU, B12'ers.

I wrote this in a Bay12.exe in my harddrive.

--- --- ---

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Urist CrashedUniverse and I am asking for your help, stranger. Please, listen to my story... You're my only hope.

After finding that strange glowing artifact deep in the belly of the mountainous caverns, pulsating with unknown power unlike any seen before, I hid it in my wolf hide backpack and smuggled it into our fortress. Though Towerguard is a grand marvel of architecture, my fellow Dwarves would not understand the tantalizing pull this odd whirring box has. After many days of careful tinkering and observation I seemed to have finally activated it. Engraved at the bottom are all sorts of letters and odd symbols unlike any I've seen before, though they reminded me of a Dwarf-made map of our surrounding world. Was it some sort of code that I must complete to find what's inside the box? Hmm...

It would suffice to say that I completed that code, stranger. I completed that code, activated those engravings, until finally the mechanical box sprung to life. The extended square section began to glow, displaying more of those odd engravings.

On the box I saw a single descriptive engraving, and it puzzled me. What could /boot mean? What damning deity would do all this to me just to tell me about a boot! Angered, I touched the engravings for / and spelled out 'sock'. In a brief moment my entire room began to glow with a solid blue light, a horrific metallic cacophony of hell simultaneously sending shivers down my spine while piercing my skull like a spinning silver war-hammer. I screamed aloud in shearing pain from the assault of this blue box of death, the engravings for Window, crash, and error being all I remember. As the bone-chilling screech of demonic bells reached its crescendo, my world was enveloped in blackness. That's where things got weird...

Soon enough I woke up in a white-walled room with nothing but a wooden table and chair without any quality. Really! My kidnappers must be Elves, because everyone knows Dwarf-made stone furniture is of vastly superior quality and value! Ahem... Anyway, I see the glowing box resting upon the table, though the blue glow has been replaced with a set of green bars with inscriptions upon them. For many hours I fiddle with a small black designator, some sort of mapping tool that fits in the palm of your hand and allows you to designate commands and objects on the glowing box. I decided then that I would use this magical box to find my way back home, no matter who or what stood in my way...

Since then, I have been trapped in this room, being fed no-quality cow-meat roasts and pots of water through a hole in the ceiling, surviving without any alcohol at all. Its a wonder I'm still alive! I've discovered that this magic box has the power of a thousand levers built into it, capable of nearly anything the mind can engrave. I have been here for months now, my eyes gazing at this glowing mechanical artifact, in hope that someday I may come across someone who can release me from this booze-less prison.

Will you be the one to free me from my prison? Will you be the one to return to me the sight of my blessed mountainhomes, so that I may bask in the glory of goblin slaughter and drink until unconsciousness? Please, you must listen... You must help me... Help me find my way back home.

You may contact me at NeuralSynthesis@hotmail.com

With grandiose respect and utmost faith,

Urist CrashedUniverse,
Dwarf Adventurer/Proficient Hacker
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 21, 2011, 05:17:34 pm »

Gods, it'll take 12 minutes to synthesize that text file. o_O

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 21, 2011, 05:17:44 pm »

The problem he would have trying to equip us is, it really really isn't safe to transfer money to people. Laughably so.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 21, 2011, 05:18:39 pm »

What risks are in place when you collect profit from slaves?
Where are your IPs shown? Do I need to crack in to my own bank just to ensure my anonymity?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 21, 2011, 05:19:13 pm »

If the hints aren't obvious enough, he found a computer, booted it up, typed a command, and got the famous windows blue screen of death and that HELLISHLY annoying loud bell sounds indicating an error, before getting sucked into another universe. lol

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: July 21, 2011, 05:20:39 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:36:14 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 21, 2011, 05:22:32 pm »

For those who are curious, here it is from my log. Both listed account numbers are empty and the IP is a bank.

21-07-2011 21:55 10000 euros withdrawn for an online payment from bank account 909436 at [135.132.154.124]
21-07-2011 21:54 [localhost] logged in to [135.132.154.124]
21-07-2011 21:54 949950 euros withdrawn for an online payment from bank account 909436 at [135.132.154.124]
21-07-2011 21:54 2749900 euros withdrawn for an online payment from bank account 909436 at [135.132.154.124]
21-07-2011 21:54 2750000 euros withdrawn for an online payment from bank account 909436 at [135.132.154.124]
21-07-2011 21:54 749891 euros withdrawn for an online payment from bank account 909436 at [135.132.154.124]
21-07-2011 21:53 bank transfer: 56962899.69 euros 275225 [135.132.154.124] --> 909436 [135.132.154.124]
21-07-2011 21:52 [localhost] logged in to [135.132.154.124]
21-07-2011 21:51 [localhost] logged into bank account 275225 at [135.132.154.124]

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 21, 2011, 05:33:16 pm »

Curiosity, how did you get the information of his transfer anyway? Was it just split second luck on your part, or negligence on his?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 21, 2011, 05:34:50 pm »

Probably horrifically good luck on his part and horrifically bad on the others, UNLESS, it was intentional... A parting gift from a player who quit?

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: July 21, 2011, 05:36:06 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:36:23 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 21, 2011, 05:43:51 pm »

how did you get the information of his transfer anyway?

Like I said, I was just hanging out in the starter bank, chatting with some people in the log file. Pressing refresh every 5-10 seconds or so, and whenever I saw an IP or an account number I cut/pasted it into windows notepad. There were at least four of us in the conversation. Myself, InternetHero, Wisemanhyrule, and somebody else who's name started with a C. We were just chatting.

After an hour or so people started to leave and so I started going through the list of accounts in notepad. I had 15 numbers total, and the 6th one I checked had the 56 million in it. One had a couple thousand and the other 4 were either empty or already deleted by the time I checked them. Still 9 others in my list I haven't tried. Doesn't seem to be much point since there's apparently nothing more for me to do with money and no way to keep it other than using it.

luck on your part, or negligence on his?

So far as I know there is no game mechanic that allows anyone to transfer money safely. The person I took it from probably took it from somebody else, and I only had it in my account for about 2 minutes before somebody else took it from me. And in the time since then I wouldn't be surprised if it's changed hands a few more times.

Broken gane mechanic, if you ask me.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 21, 2011, 05:46:18 pm »

Like I said, I was just hanging out in the starter bank, chatting with some people in the log file. Pressing refresh every 5-10 seconds or so, and whenever I saw an IP or an account number I cut/pasted it into windows notepad. There were at least four of us in the conversation. Myself, InternetHero, Wisemanhyrule, and somebody else who's name started with a C. We were just chatting.

After an hour or so people started to leave and so I started going through the list of accounts in notepad. I had 15 numbers total, and the 6th one I checked had the 56 million in it. One had a couple thousand and the other 4 were either empty or already deleted by the time I checked them. Still 9 others in my list I haven't tried. Doesn't seem to be much point since there's apparently nothing more for me to do with money and no way to keep it other than using it.

So far as I know there is no game mechanic that allows anyone to transfer money safely. The person I took it from probably took it from somebody else, and I only had it in my account for about 2 minutes before somebody else took it from me. And in the time since then I wouldn't be surprised if it's changed hands a few more times.

Not a broken game mechanic, you just need to be very quick or lucky to clear the logs at both banks. It's designed to be nearly impossible so that transfering large amounts of money almost always loses it.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 21, 2011, 05:47:08 pm »

It isn't broken, you can reduce it down to .1 of a second where the log file exists, although there is always a chance someone will refresh RIGHT then.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 21, 2011, 05:47:58 pm »

Not a broken game mechanic, you just need to be very quick or lucky to clear the logs at both banks. It's designed to be nearly impossible so that transfering large amounts of money almost always loses it.

Pretty sure you only need to clear the log at the bank the money originates in.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 225