Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Mass Effect 2  (Read 14466 times)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect 2
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2010, 03:06:35 pm »

Spoilery question:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2010, 03:11:52 pm »

Spoilery question:

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2010, 01:47:35 am »

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:58:41 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2010, 01:52:51 am »

Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2010, 08:36:01 pm »

My thoughts on ME2...

I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2010, 09:53:48 pm »

Is it just me, or did anyone else
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2010, 10:38:34 pm »

Is it just me, or did anyone else

I didn't. The idea of
didn't sit well with me. Humans vs. Galaxy, anybody? No thanks. I don't trust The Illusive Man.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2010, 10:43:09 pm »

I love how the (somewhat vague) hint of your save file affecting ME3 is making people take their choices more seriously. It seems to add weight to the choices, without cheesy-feeling instant rewards for being good or whatever.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2010, 09:15:04 am »

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2010, 04:03:36 am »

...And answered HELL YEAH!
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2010, 08:39:52 pm »

This contains spoilers.

Did anyone else notice that this game is terrible? At the end of Mass Effect 1, I just felt like we were building up to the point where we finally uncovered the secret behind everything, and that now the real story could start.

Mass Effect 2 felt like an old friend inviting me outside to show me something awesome, gesturing to something in his car, then climbing into his car, and driving away, promising to show me tomorrow, leaving me standing outside in my pajamas beside the road, in the rain, looking like an idiot.

That's not to say that Mass Effect 1 didn't feel almost exactly the same way, but at least it had a climax.

I mean, ME2, you spend the entire game running around doing things for people you've known for five minutes to solve their personal problems, then get thrown into a situation you can't return from to fight a monster you've never seen or heard of before, that has only the most tenuous relationship to the actual story, because that worked so well for Borderlands, I guess.

Then there are the totally random inconsistencies all over the place. In the beginning Shepard comments that he's still a Spectre, and can still get resources from the Citadel Council, but somehow, in another scene he calls himself a Former Spectre, despite no information being passed to him that would indicate that he's been kicked out. I didn't even know you could be kicked out. I mean, Saren was a Spectre through the whole course of Mass Effect 1, now wasn't he?

The whole game just feels so unfinished. Smaller than it was intended to be. I felt like the final boss was the half way point.

It feels like Knights of the Old Republic 2.
!!&!!

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2010, 09:09:36 pm »

...And answered HELL YEAH!
OH MY GOD, YOU'RE RIGHT.

What have I done?  I have ruined ME3 for myself.

Have I griped yet that I liked 1's longer, fewer missions?  The short little strikes don't feel as epic as sneaking through whole installations and whatnot, all the while investigating and such and such.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2010, 09:51:07 pm »

Mass Effect 2 felt like an old friend inviting me outside to show me something awesome, gesturing to something in his car, then climbing into his car, and driving away, promising to show me tomorrow, leaving me standing outside in my pajamas beside the road, in the rain, looking like an
Then there are the totally random inconsistencies all over the place. In the beginning Shepard comments that he's still a Spectre, and can still get resources from the Citadel Council, but somehow, in another scene he calls himself a Former Spectre, despite no information being passed to him that would indicate that he's been kicked out. I didn't even know you could be kicked out. I mean, Saren was a Spectre through the whole course of Mass Effect 1, now wasn't he?

Well,
you pretty much do get kicked out. Then, you

Anyways, I do agree that the final boss was utter weaksauce. The whole game, building up to this, and then you take him out by literally shooting the shit out of it. No big chase scene, no kick-ass explosions and gut-wrenching death, just a bunch of shooting and fin.

However, the ending cutscene
satisfied me somewhat. I do agree that ME1 had a great ending. This had a bit of a Halo 2 ending.

Also, there wasn't exactly that much of a carry-through from ME1 to ME2 now that I think about it. Sure, your choices are mentioned, and people you... affected are brought back, but other than that, it's pretty much an entirely new game.

For ME3, I want a carry-through from the old game, with all my old equipment, the ability to get a shitload of armor again (I hate the fact that Shepard can't buy heavy/light armor anymore), and a wrapping up of the entire trilogy. Preferably including the entire team you have assembled from previous games and ME3, so you have an entire army of awesome.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2010, 10:14:24 pm »

Also, I very much doubt I'm the only one who feels that the finale will come down to something immensely cliché - how'll it be possible to kill all the Reapers
? Mass-biotic (read: psychic) linking? Virus? Kill the mothership? Drill a hole into one and put a nuke in it?

They did a worse job of the Paragon/Renegade system in this one, as well: In the first game I could get points for sharing a point of view in a largely irrelevant situation; in this one I get points for logical deduction and interpreting the situation correctly. It just doesn't make any sense.

tl;dr I feel the same way as Ampersand for the most part, at least as far as direction goes.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2010, 10:19:20 pm »

When playing this game, I get a total dirty dozen feel.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9